It amazes me how ppl with iPhone and Android phones follow and hijack our BlackBerry threads. What are they doing here? Don't they have anything else to do like contributing to a thread for THEIR device. I see the same thing happen on my football(soccer) forums. It's not your club so go somewhere else. I just don't get it.

Posted via CB10
    R Field and CDM76 like this.
    09-19-13 11:47 AM
    Hi and welcome to CB!
    It is upsetting sometimes when we see people from other forums talk smack on our threads. I guess truth be told tho....the forums are open to everyone. So unfortunately, when these people arrive here, just ignore and go on with your day.
    09-19-13 11:54 AM
    Many of these people have more than one device.

Posted via CB10
    Saiga, GingerSnapsBack and Donvald like this.
    09-19-13 11:55 AM
    I have an android device which I retired as my backup-just in case phone when I bought my z10. I prefer my z10 but I don't go on android forums anymore.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 12:00 PM
    I have an android device which I retired as my backup-just in case phone when I bought my z10. I prefer my z10 but I don't go on android forums anymore.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not talking about retired devices, but devices that they switched out daily, depending on what they want to use that day.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 12:05 PM
    That's a loaded question to ask.

I agree, there are people who seem to delight in attacking the morale of the CB community but it's dangerous to assume that just because a user is on a different platform that automatically means they're trying to stir the pot.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    09-19-13 12:10 PM
    I can't understand why folks seem compelled to come here and bash Blackberry.

I suspect several are paid guerrilla marketers (why wouldn't you want to infect the hive) but most are probably just sheep that just have to follow the herd.

I don't know about anyone else, but I come here as a refuge from the storm of negativity surrounding Blackberry out in the “real” world.
    09-19-13 12:46 PM
    Can someone please close this thread, it's embarrassing.
    09-19-13 12:48 PM
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around the entire fact that people make fun or become completely childish when it comes to someone's choice in an electronic device.

It's a phone, tablet and so on...

I remember this when I was in elementary school and my single mother couldn't afford the latest Nike shoes. And here we are 20 years later and people are doing it regarding tech.

Mind blowing and sad.

Posted via CB10
    drknobs likes this.
    09-19-13 12:55 PM
    And the threads are open to everyone as a form of help and discussions.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 12:57 PM
    Has it never occurred to you that creating a thread to complain about these people only validates and encourages them. You are giving them air to breath.
    09-19-13 01:56 PM
    Envy, envy, knowing the are stuck we with a NSA spying tool.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    09-19-13 01:58 PM
    Has it never occurred to you that creating a thread to complain about these people only validates and encourages them. You are giving them air to breath.
    I don't agree. These ppl are really sad. If I have a Mercedes-Benz y would I be in on a BMW forum every day taking part in their discussion? IT doesn't make sense. Don't I have anything better to do? Unless as a member said earlier, I had both wherein I wouldn't be discrediting either in a malicious way.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 02:04 PM
    I love bb that's most important ,but we cannot totally control the whole eco system,people from other platforms can also come to see what advantages they can have buying a bb device.
    09-19-13 02:06 PM
    It amazes me how ppl with iPhone and Android phones follow and hijack our BlackBerry threads. What are they doing here? Don't they have anything else to do like contributing to a thread for THEIR device. I see the same thing happen on my football(soccer) forums. It's not your club so go somewhere else. I just don't get it.

Posted via CB10
    It's almost like this is a family of sites and one log-in allows you to access a number of different sites and is intended for you to do so!
    xandermac, TgeekB and Donvald like this.
    09-19-13 02:10 PM
    I don't agree. These ppl are really sad. If I have a Mercedes-Benz y would I be in on a BMW forum every day taking part in their discussion? IT doesn't make sense. Don't I have anything better to do? Unless as a member said earlier, I had both wherein I wouldn't be discrediting either in a malicious way.
    You've completely missed my point. Why they do it is irrelevant (or at least it is to me as I could not care less about the motivation) but the constant threads about why they do it, how horrible they are and why don't they just go away shows them that they are aggravating people and THAT is mission accomplished for them.

If people would just stop with these "they're crapping in our sandbox" threads AND ignore the obviously trolling ones (there is a report button for that in case you were unaware) they would go away because they realize they have no audience.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-19-13 02:33 PM
    Moding is poor here simple as.at least at n4bb and bbos things get regualted and they post up bad news be it real or fake.Coming to crackberry is nothing but bad news spill with super complaints and so called fans turning sour getting enrage due to troll baits and fans posting trash.Even when tehre;s good news spoil sports appear trash threads no mods in sight.

Seriously no point being here.I actually get better allround discussion posting elsewhere. As I type this one is defo on the way out I already absorb news from channels alone.Crackberrys poor modding is turning this forum to ****.I just check leak forum and thats it.I think I'll stick to just that and not post just poor,poor modding.Kev and that wont care they care about hits and give poor excuses ''its open forum'' trash.

Just stalking the app,and leaked section.Heck if i find the leak channel I wont even need that.
    09-19-13 02:47 PM
    Moding is poor here simple as.at least at n4bb and bbos things get regualted and they post up bad news be it real or fake.Coming to crackberry is nothing but bad news spill with super complaints and so called fans turning sour getting enrage due to troll baits and fans posting trash.Even when tehre;s good news spoil sports appear trash threads no mods in sight.

Seriously no point being here.I actually get better allround discussion posting elsewhere. As I type this one is defo on the way out I already absorb news from channels alone.Crackberrys poor modding is turning this forum to ****.I just check leak forum and thats it.I think I'll stick to just that and not post just poor,poor modding.Kev and that wont care they care about hits and give poor excuses ''its open forum'' trash.

Just stalking the app,and leaked section.Heck if i find the leak channel I wont even need that.
    Thanks.... That was cheerful and encouraging...

How much do Mods make?

How many post are made daily here?

What is the sign-up fee to join CrackBerry?
    Donvald and Thunderbuck like this.
    09-19-13 02:55 PM
    It's almost like this is a family of sites and one log-in allows you to access a number of different sites and is intended for you to do so!
    Indeed. Also, unlike the other sites, the threads here tend to wander much further afield, routinely discussing other platforms and the general mobile world. Those threads aren't started by trolls.
    09-19-13 02:57 PM
    I won't lie...I stalk and rarely comment unless I feel it is adding something to the discussion.

I moved to Android 2-3 years ago, but before that my wife and I were hardcore BB fans (each owning the Pearl, 2 curves, and a 9700). When I was a BB fan I was tired of the BB hate and everyone coming to the forums to gloat about RIM's demise. Then I switched platforms and didn't think much about BB UNTIL Jim Balsillie and Mike Lazaridis stepped down. After Heins took over BB has become like a soap opera for me. I have thoroughly enjoyed its up (sungular - j/k) and downs. To watch a company make the moves it has made and seeing how customers (or lack of) reacts to it has been very educational (and entertaining) for me. I have also found that the best and instantaneous reactions come from the forums and it gives the public a place to talk about the "latest episode" in this soap opera.
    09-19-13 03:09 PM
    there's a several people on here that claim to have multiple devices, as I do, but I don't go to the iPhone forums to bash them. I believe that the people who come here to try and prove their platform " better" or even more to argue have other motivation. Reading some of their posts it's become obvious to me that they simply lack drama or excitement in their life and come here to try and create it.....they know who they are and we'll hear from them shortly

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    09-19-13 03:21 PM
    I was part of a Newsgroup back in the 90's, they tried to get everyone to relocated to a forum in order to better organize everything. I think it is still there, but most of the regulars quickly left, for the simple fact that it was too controlled. The people that paid for the hosting and built the forum were able to control it. If you had a bad day and were a little negative you got a warning and post deleted. If you posted info from a competing site, you got a warning and post deleted. If you tried to correct a mod, you got a warning and post deleted.

I think the mood here is a reflection of what is going on with BlackBerry it's self.
    09-19-13 03:48 PM
    They just don't like people who use BlackBerries... I don't know why... maybe because they know it's more productive than their phones...
    09-19-13 03:52 PM
    Social scientists have begun to start sounding the alarm with regards to what they are suggesting is an unhealthy connection between adults and acquired possessions that are not at risk of being taken away.

In other words, someone saying "I absolutely despise platform x" should not invoke such angst. C'mon. If you get that angry about an inanimate object that can still be used after said statement, how angry will you get if someone threatens a family member?

Humbly, a couple of points: the rules of CB membership are not a secret. These BlackBerry threads are not "ours." We are here at the pleasure of the site owners and designated staff. Making that simple mental demarcation will allow time spent here or elsewhere on the web to be more enjoyable.

Second, make use of the report and ignore functions.

Last: it's the internet. Even Al Gore doesn't get so testy when he feels he has been dissed, and he created the darn thing. Our devices do not weep with shame from abuse, and neither should we.
    amazinglygraceless and niss63 like this.
    09-19-13 03:53 PM
    Envy, envy, knowing the are stuck we with a NSA spying tool.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    Um... Yeah... You keep believing that.
    09-19-13 04:23 PM
26 12