The physical keyboard, hands down, just cannot be matched. It's the feel of pressing buttons and have the most optimum control over your text input that attracts me. Being able to letter by letter, press by press dictate what is appearing on my phone screen as opposed to allow the psuedo-typing experience co-piloted partly by predictive text and software. Also, pkb makes the messaging experience the most convenient. No matter how awesome you are with a virtual keyboard, when it comes to one-handed msging or true multi-tasking, nothing gets it done like a physical keyboard.

Think about it, even with the virtual keyboard fad in play and nearing a decade of use, there is still a huge market in accessories for physical keyboard add-ons. Seems redundant, yet be it for your tablet or cell phone, users still find themselves drawn to and unable to fully detach themselves from the actual physical keyboards. I just keep what I like. The screen size isn't that pertinent to me, especially on a "MOBILE" device. If I wanted a large screen, I have my laptop and tablets which are just as inconvenient to lug along as some of the so-called mobile devices lurking out there. If you use a device that is still fairly average sized (like the iphoneX or Sx) the screen size when the virtual keyboard is deployed ends up being roughly the same size, give or take, as my Classic is. My 9900 not even being that far off.

In the end, I prefer my keyboard there front and center on my device of choice. Physically prominent and ready to go hard in full on #BeastMode! Virtual keyboards are an adorable novelty, but ultimately they provide little fulfillment beyond added screen real-estate which quite frankly I personally just simply don't value enough to justify giving up a pkb. Especially one as perfection as BlackBerry's.

Posted via CB10
    Fad??? That is blind devotion. The entire industry is pretty much VK. Hardly a fad. It was one of the reasons BB fell so far behind in the market
    Mecca EL, 21stNow and TgeekB like this.
    06-08-15 12:45 AM
    We are talking about smartphones not Tablets. There is not in any way a huge market for PKB cases for the smartphone. If there was I would encourage BlackBerry to make them.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-08-15 01:38 AM
    Qwerty anyday, anytime, anywhere.

Q5 FOE HAMMER
    06-08-15 03:18 AM
    I use an iPhone 6 but I do not like the VKB AT ALL. I have always hated it.
    I still use my Boldy to write long 10 page reports in Documentstogo. I do this a lot actually as I prefer to write on my BB compared to my laptop/pc/mac. It's really tiresome that I can't write a couple of sentences with a VKB without wasting time to correct spelling errors with the loop but I also do not like to carry 2 phones with me. Besides, there is also no predictive keyboard for my motherlanguage on the iP. My favorite phone would still be a Boldie 9900 with OS7, superfast browser, 4g, better cam WITH autofocus, way more powerfull battery, and of course, while were still dreaming, direct access of Google Play store and full support of all android apps. Fairytales can come true......NOT.
    06-08-15 03:32 AM
    Well having never owned a pkb BlackBerry 10 device personally abut have 5 vkb and loving my z30 to death, I still prefer pkb hands down.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    06-08-15 06:50 AM
    I mostly use Google voice input to get words into my phone.

This reply was made without any keyboards.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-08-15 08:58 AM
    I mostly use Google voice input to get words into my phone.

This reply was made without any keyboards.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    What if you were on a public transit, and you had to write a message to your girl friend?

Such as
    - "What? You are pregnant?"
    - "I love you cutie pie"
    - "What? You have syphilis? "
    - "I hate you. We are breaking up"
    Etc

The voice dictation also does not work well in noisy public environments. AND your voice has to be considerably louder than when you would just be talking on the phone with another person.

Posted via CB10
    FincoApps and jope28 like this.
    06-08-15 10:22 AM
    What if you were on a public transit, and you had to write a message to your girl friend?

Such as
    - "What? You are pregnant?"
    - "I love you cutie pie"
    - "What? You have syphilis? "
    - "I hate you. We are breaking up"
    Etc

The voice dictation also does not work well in noisy public environments. AND your voice has to be considerably louder than when you would just be talking on the phone with another person.

Posted via CB10
    Awww crap.
    Do you work for the NSA and listened in on that conversation I had with my girlfriend?

The KB on my Q10 is like an extension of me.
    I just started testing out voice dictation since I updated to the latest 10.3.2 leak a few days ago and it seems pretty accurate.
    To test it out and out of curiosity, I've been training myself to use voice dictation when it's practical which so far I'd say is about 15% of my writing.

"Ultimately, I don't find voice dictation as being for me, but it seems to work well on the Q 10. "

That last part in quotations was dictated and I already got used to dictation the punctuation marks as well. The only issue there was that "Q 10" was not together, but that was to be expected. The accuracy has really impressed me, but I see it as more of a novelty lol.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2204 CB10
    06-14-15 10:42 AM
    If you like to use your thumbs to type a physical keyboard is a no-brainer.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.1.2267
    FincoApps likes this.
    06-14-15 12:30 PM
    With my PPSE acting up, I'm having an internal VKB vs. PKB debate as I consider three options: my white Z30, a DTEK60, and a KEYone. I went from a Bold 9900 to a Z10, my first VKB, to a Z30, to the PPSE. I seriously miss the VKB on the Z10 and Z30. The thing reads your mind, knows what you intend to type (even if you hit the wrong key), offers so many autosuggestions to flick, and DOESN'T EVEN REQUIRE YOU TO SEPARATE WORDS WITH THE SPACEBAR. My speed and accuracy on the 9900 were insane (while blind too). While I can't type blind as often, the VKB is so much faster with its features that I still don't spend anymore time looking at the phone than I do with a PKB! The BlackBerry VKB is no ordinary VKB; it is the G.O.A.T. of them--and perhaps of all keyboards.

Well, after saying all that I'm about to switch back over to my Z30 from PPSE. The gravity of this move cannot be understated, and I'm getting excited just thinking about it!

#BlackBerryKeyboards4Life
    04-22-17 10:40 PM
    Muscle memory. Typing without looking. Less errors. Keyboard shortcuts. Lots of reasons. Personally for me has nothing to do with speed. I'm about the same on both.
    04-23-17 08:06 AM
    My love for PKB comes mostly from the speed of navigation and mitigation of clutter. With the fingerprint reader right in the space bar coupled with all the shortcuts, moving my finger 2.5 inches can get me anywhere in my phone without a need of a screen full of apps or unnecessary swiping. Such a good feeling to me.

Typing on a physical keyboard is not faster, it just feels better and is more practical (to me). If it's speed your looking for, VKB is what you need. Utility, you go with the PKB.
    04-23-17 08:32 AM
    Physical keyboard is amazing to type on....

until double typing happens and you kind of regret buying the device.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    Yep. I experienced this with my first Q10 when I got it back in 2014. I moved up to the Q10 after my first ever BlackBerry device, the 9900. Pkb has always been superior for me ever since my last pkb slider pocket PC devices more than a decade ago.

Unfortunately, the Q10 started double typing after just a month. I got rid of it, totally frustrated. But when I read that a software fix mitigated that problem in early 2016, I went and purchased again a brand new Q10. I still have it as a backup phone after I finally pulled the trigger on a new Priv eight months ago.

Priv has been problem free so far. But I'm wary that anything mechanical, like a pkb may and can fail. Just one of those tradeoffs. Fortunately, unless I've missed it, I haven't come across feedback about double typing on the Priv. Fingers crossed.
    05-04-17 08:38 AM
    Of course physical keyboard. There is not enjoyments using virtual keyboards.
    Agreed. Typing on a physical keyboard is pure BlackBerry even though the operating system is no longer pure BlackBerry. Besides with a physical keyboard everyone asks "is that a BlackBerry?" I enjoy being a black sheep in a herd of normal sheep. Baa. Baa.
    05-04-17 06:55 PM
    With a physical keyboard typing long documents is convenient and avoids the necessity of a notebook computer with me at all times. All I require a plain text editor to write.
    05-04-17 07:15 PM
    "Virtual Keyboard vs Qwerty Keyboard"

QWERTY for me, though I should seriously ask my relatives or friends about why they prefer virtual to qwerty next time I get the chance.
    05-04-17 07:41 PM
    QWERTY undoubtly, and QWERTY of my Priv actually fullfills my needings totally, I have used the 8520, 9360, Z10, S4 mini, Torch 9810, Q10 and currently the Priv, the form factor and the fact that you dont lose screen with the keyboard is Just perfect to me, of course, the VKB of BlackBerry is Just flawless, but PKB for me
    05-04-17 08:03 PM
92 ... 234