i searched and all that comes up is TXT as in SMS. nothing about actual windows .TXT document viewer.

and tried to use docs2go and it doesnt work.

what is the docs2go used for anyway?
    even after i renamed file extension to .doc it still wouldnt show it in browser.

i have alot of wiring guides id like to keep on my phone in txt format
    02-05-09 03:46 PM
    Download and install BBNotepad- free or eOffice $30

Docs2Go gives you the ability to open MS Office files (Word, Excel,
    and PowerPoint). There is a workaround that allows you to edit the
    files also
    02-05-09 03:58 PM
    ok i had enough of this ****.
    i have to spend 6 months in training just so i can get around the fkn trial softwares and security certificates adn all the other BS that is installed on this phone in order to read a damn word document. faq this phone and everyone who designed this OS.

anyone wants to buy my curve 8320 feel free to PM me.
    02-05-09 03:59 PM
    yea fkn PAY PER CLICK PHONE **** is not for me im sorry i refuse to pay for every single feature that should have been on this phone to begin with

i dotn work for government and most of you dont either why do we need so much protection on the phone?

just when RIM decided to put a camera on the phone it should have bee thought of as a CONSUMEr phone not a super advanced PC/ sattelite launcher TOP security mobile device. that will ask for your mothers maiden name every tiem you want to check your TXT message.
    Last edited by raverx3m; 02-05-09 at 04:03 PM. Reason: more to say
    02-05-09 04:00 PM
    well theres a TXT,DOC,DOCX,PDF file in my documents directory and i see nothing on my docs to go browser... so i guess i have to pay to view those documents? and then pay to open them?
    02-05-09 04:05 PM
    You know you really need to calm down just a bit. Had you done
    the requisite amount of research you'd have (A) known the device
    limitations and (B) known that there are a lot of free apps that
    will get you almost any feature you are looking. BBNotepad and
    Docs2Go are two of them.

It is so much easier to rant than it is to actually attempt to
    solve a problem. Take a deep breath and avail your self to the
    ton of help available on this site.
    02-05-09 04:13 PM
    The native file manager, Media / Explore will let you view TXT and HTML documents.

BlackBerry Attachment viewer will allow you to view multiple document types when they are attached to an email. You can save them on the media card and attach them to an email to yourself.

Editing documents is simple too, but it does require the DocsToGo sample application packaged with v4.5xx device OS software.

The premium upgrade does allow more document options.
    02-05-09 05:50 PM
    well guys im attempting my best to try to get the feature i want to work but its frustrating.
    i spend all my evenings searching for sht in order to make soemthing work and in the end i find out that its blocked by OS or very limited or paid feature.

how am i supposed to know that there are so many restrictions on the phone before actually getting it and tryign it out.
    i dont work for a cell phone store so i cant just borrow one to abuse it. i have to buy it to try to make it work the way i want it.

i searched here i searched in google and all i got is SMS related stuff.
    02-05-09 08:07 PM
    Let's try coming at this in another (and hopefully non profanity
    laced way). What are you looking to accomplish. More often than
    not there will be a solution. A lot will be free, some will not, but
    without explaining what is causing you this much agita isn't going
    to get you a lot of results.
    02-05-09 08:26 PM
    in short:
    i was hoping that blackberry would be a lil more customizable

i came from Sony ericsson phone( 3 actually) and i dont know if i got spoiled by the massive amount of customizations available for them or is it normal for most phones.

it took me about 2-3 weeks on average to dig thru everything and make the phone operate and look the way i like it.
    but this is not the case.
    im at my PC every day searching and gettign nowhere.
    every new feature i try to use i have to spend days and days lookign for a solution and in the end find out that theres none.

i was considering trading my curve in for the 8900 but changed my mind already.
    02-05-09 08:46 PM
    At this point it would be difficult for a Blackberry user to try to calm you down.

The Blackberry products serve a special purpose for those who need to keep in touch using basic text email. While there are functions available to do other things, like reading attachments, there is little available to make complex documents.

If you do not need the Blackberry pushed email then you should study other alternative phones.

There is another option. If you can tether your PC to the phone then that would give you unlimited PC type interfaces (your 8320 model has Tethered modem capability )
    Last edited by mandony; 02-05-09 at 09:00 PM.
    02-05-09 08:55 PM
    next qestion: is this your personal phone or is this from your employer that might have security limitations in place?
    02-05-09 09:01 PM
    raver, you now have 6 posts in this thread and still have not
    answered my one simple question. What is it you are looking to do.

Answer that and a lot of people here will jump to your aid. Rant
    about why you don't like the device and you are going to continue
    to be unhappy as you have not given anyone a clue as to how
    to help you. Choice is yours, but one is infinitely more productive
    than the other.
    02-05-09 09:26 PM
    AG, you are the best!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 04:15 AM
    Why not open the .TXT file in Word (or better yet OpenOffice), save it on your memory card as a .DOC file, and then open and edit on the phone?

What's so hard about that? .TXT files went out with DOS.

Should I throw in some profanity so you understand me better?

02-06-09 06:41 AM
    i searched and all that comes up is TXT as in SMS. nothing about actual windows .TXT document viewer.

and tried to use docs2go and it doesnt work.

what is the docs2go used for anyway?
    even after i renamed file extension to .doc it still wouldnt show it in browser.

i have alot of wiring guides id like to keep on my phone in txt format
    It's as easy as pie. Open the text file. Copy it. Open Outlook and start a new Note. Paste the file into the new Note. Close the Note. Sync your BB. The text file will be on your BB in Memo Pad. No muss, no fuss.
    02-06-09 07:41 AM
    Or as suggested, use the FREE BBNotePad suggested by AG in the second post. I've used it. Simple. Works.

If you are having so many issues trying to figure out this phone or get it to work the way you think it should, return it and get something to your liking. Just because we like Blackberry devices does not mean you have to like it as well. Different strokes for different folks. Ranting is not constructive for anyone. I am beginning to wonder if this is really a serious inquiry or just an attempt to provoke users into arguing as they have made suggestions, and yet there's just more swearing without any kind of constructive dialog.
    02-06-09 08:50 AM
    Or as suggested, use the FREE BBNotePad suggested by AG in the second post. I've used it. Simple. Works.

If you are having so many issues trying to figure out this phone or get it to work the way you think it should, return it and get something to your liking. Just because we like Blackberry devices does not mean you have to like it as well. Different strokes for different folks. Ranting is not constructive for anyone. I am beginning to wonder if this is really a serious inquiry or just an attempt to provoke users into arguing as they have made suggestions, and yet there's just more swearing without any kind of constructive dialog.

Exactly!! BBnotepad will let you create, edit, and view .txt files stored on your device (either device memory or sd card) - no problem...

02-06-09 09:34 AM
    the free version of docs to go doesnt even open TXT files its useless.
    10-29-09 05:54 PM
    I have to admit that I was surprised the plain ascii text files could not be opened by the BB (unless I have missed something).
    10-29-09 06:33 PM
    i dont think so.

even my old NOT VERY SMART PHONE made by sonyericsson had that ability to view TXT without purchasing any software.
    11-01-09 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD