Hi,

So I downloaded the latest OS for the Blackberry Curve 8330, which was supposed to let me view HTML in my emails, but it didn't change a thing. Anyone know why? Or does anyone know how to be able to see HTML in emails (for free-- I have found an app that lets you do it but you have to pay for it)?

Thanks!
    02-27-09 04:24 PM
    I never had HTML email on my old Curve but on my Bold I know that in order to view the HTML I need to do it manually. I hit menu>get images and it goes from there. Hope this helps.
    02-27-09 04:27 PM
    If you haven't already, Resend your Service Books:

BlackBerry Internet Service

log into the link i posted above. Click on service Books on the left. Click Send Service Books.

Also (on BlackBerry Deivce):

Enable HTML Email: YES

Also (on BlackBerry Device):

Options
    Advanced Options
    Host Routing Table
    Menu
    Register Now

*Only emails forward from now will be HTML, not your old emails.

*When you get an HTML email you need to press Menu, download images. You have to do this for every HTML email you get.
    02-27-09 04:27 PM
    Go to messages/options/email settings and enable html email. Make sure download images automatically is set to yes also. Now when vieing emails you will see them in html but you will have to menu and select get images because externally linked images wont show up automatically.
    02-27-09 04:28 PM
    If you haven't already, Resend your Service Books:

BlackBerry Internet Service

log into the link i posted above. Click on service Books on the left. Click Send Service Books.

Also (on BlackBerry Deivce):

Enable HTML Email: YES

Also (on BlackBerry Device):

Options
    Advanced Options
    Host Routing Table
    Menu
    Register Now

*Only emails forward from now will be HTML, not your old emails.

*When you get an HTML email you need to press Menu, download images. You have to do this for every HTML email you get.
    Or instead of my lil post, you can do what Chrisy said to do.
    02-27-09 04:32 PM
    Or instead of my lil post, you can do what Chrisy said to do.

always do what i say! haha
    02-27-09 04:34 PM
    re-sending service books usually fixes this. keep in mind that emails you received prior to upgrading will still be in the old format.
    02-27-09 04:36 PM
    You must click "Get Images", this is a safety feature implemented by RIM, downloading images can expose your address to spammers and others who you might not want to have it. That's why it asks you if you want to download...
    02-27-09 04:37 PM
    Awesome, thanks everyone, especially Chrisy!
    02-27-09 04:50 PM
    Chrisy ur the bestest and ur RIGHT~!
    03-15-09 02:02 AM
    just to add... if that doesn't work, you may need to re-register your routing table... options>advanced options>host routing table>menu>register

I've seen this in other posts as being necessary at times... HTML is tha shiznit!
    03-15-09 03:16 AM
    No problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 05:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD