http://n4bb.com/5529/videos-tutorial...d-touch-9930-2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-11 07:16 PM
    http://n4bb.com/5529/videos-tutorial...d-touch-9930-2

A thanks to member Lucky45 for the videos.
    04-01-11 07:26 PM
    can't wait for this....
    04-01-11 07:40 PM
    It looks like they got rid of the carbon fiber trim on the battery cover. I'd say good call cuz it looks cleaner and more professional without it.

Phone looks hot!
    04-01-11 07:43 PM
    It looks like they got rid of the carbon fiber trim on the battery cover. I'd say good call cuz it looks cleaner and more professional without it.

Phone looks hot!
    I'm actually excited that it's a touch screen. God I may make this my next phone.
    04-02-11 02:21 AM

Phone looks hot!
    Totally agree Urban. I'm so glad I waited with my upgrade (now a year later and it's become end of my 2yr contract with Sprint) and didn't impulsively get an Evo or Evo Shift, instead I kept telling myself "Be paitent, RIM will have a "WOW" phone by June" and after reading the specs in January and seeing pics and now seeing a short tutoriol video...the BlackBerry Bold Touch 9930 will definatly be the BlackBerry I'm getting (hopefully early June?)

04-02-11 03:05 AM
    Totally agree Urban. I'm so glad I waited with my upgrade (now a year later and it's become end of my 2yr contract with Sprint) and didn't impulsively get an Evo or Evo Shift, instead I kept telling myself "Be paitent, RIM will have a "WOW" phone by June" and after reading the specs in January and seeing pics and now seeing a short tutoriol video...the BlackBerry Bold Touch 9930 will definatly be the BlackBerry I'm getting (hopefully early June?)
    To be honest, I don't think the specs on their own are such a wow as they will only be mainstream highend by that point, but the complete package of highend specs in that form factor will be very welcome indeed and will be very nicely complemented by a playbook.
    04-02-11 04:32 AM
    To be honest, I don't think the specs on their own are such a wow as they will only be mainstream highend by that point, but the complete package of highend specs in that form factor will be very welcome indeed and will be very nicely complemented by a playbook.
    Well no of course not for a power drainer like Evo with all the bells and wistles, but for a BlackBerry whoes current smartphones are 640 Mhz and 516 ram compared to a new Bold Touch with 1.2Ghz 768ram and 8GB almost twice the phone, with a new OS 6.1, bottom line obivously if u want an Android phone or a BlackBerry? As for me, I'll take a BlackBerry over an Android

rollingrock1988 likes this.
    04-02-11 10:15 AM
    I agree ... they won't be Android or iPhone killers; but I would never want nor expect any BB to be that. BB is what BB is. But these things should be enough to keep a few more users in the BB fold and attract more new users than they've been doing.
    04-02-11 10:25 AM
    I agree ... they won't be Android or iPhone killers; but I would never want nor expect any BB to be that. BB is what BB is. But these things should be enough to keep a few more users in the BB fold and attract more new users than they've been doing.
    qnx gonna kill 'em all.. : P
    04-02-11 10:27 AM
    My point exactly...we crackberry's just wanted RIM to release a comparible or current technology device and still retain that BlackBerry "feel" that keeps customers loyal to RIM...those(like my daughter) who HAVE to have the latest bestselling WOW phone, then totally abandon it and go off to the NEXT WOW device when ITS availible, really don't get the simplicity of owning a BlackBerry.

04-02-11 10:34 AM
    bummer...thought it was a REAL tutorial =\ not a rendered video...looks good tho...

will have to wait to see a real demo
    04-05-11 10:40 AM
    I was hoping for a real life demo... but lucky45 did do a great job

04-06-11 04:26 AM
    Still don't understand the touch screen and track pad and physical keyboard need. Asside from pinch to zoom I don't see where you would want to touch the screen as opposed to the track pad.

Just seems an odd input on a device. Like reaching up to tap search vs going there from the pad. It puts you fingers far from the keyboard when the next thing you need to do is type.

04-06-11 04:33 PM
    Still don't understand the touch screen and track pad and physical keyboard need. Asside from pinch to zoom I don't see where you would want to touch the screen as opposed to the track pad.

Just seems an odd input on a device. Like reaching up to tap search vs going there from the pad. It puts you fingers far from the keyboard when the next thing you need to do is type.

Seriously? The phone is not that big. I have an S2 and when in portrait mode I go from keyboard to the top and back w ease and comfort. This would be just like using a bold touch imo. Having a touch interface will be very nice to quickly launch apps or hit links while plugging away at your keyboard.

04-06-11 05:54 PM

To me the appeal is having the touch screen for surfing the web and moving around the home screen quickly to open apps. While the regular track pad and keyboard be useful for texting, email and document editing.
    To me that's the best of both worlds.

04-06-11 06:04 PM

Until owning the Torch I felt the same way! why do I NEED a touchscreen with a track pad except for pinch zoom,

I must admit I do really like the simplicity when in 2 hand mode of taping the screen when it is full of icons, and the speed I can scroll through excel files that I can't match on the touch pad, but for fine more skills, it is touch pad all the way for me, having both is very very nice
    04-06-11 06:08 PM

I've got both on the Torch and I use both. In fact I wish they'd put more functionality on the touch screen and less on the physical buttons; but I can't live without the trackpad. As deRusett says, there are times when one is more appropriate or more intuitive than the other, but both have their moments. Touch screen is great for scrolling, opening apps, and tapping web links in the browser; zeroing in on text to select and some menu selections are so much more accurate with the trackpad.
    04-06-11 10:50 PM
    I get a track pad on a touch screen device. The monaco works for me. I guess its the smaller screen and keyboard. Seems like it would be faster to move thumbs to track pad then to change your grip and extend a digit up to the screen. Guess I just need to play with one when they finally do come out.

04-07-11 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD