This is the first I'm seeing this video, I haven't noticed it on crackberry yet....

I apologize if it's a repost.
    spike12, xiaohuaxing and jkomo001 like this.
    11-23-12 10:44 PM
    Repost. That video was leaked at least a month ago.
    11-23-12 10:53 PM
    Actually, it is a repost. This video first appeared multiple weeks ago and got pulled. A few people uploaded it again.
    el_excelsior likes this.
    11-23-12 10:53 PM
    Well, that answers that question.
    11-24-12 07:49 AM
    Thank you OP I missed it the first time.
    I am hugely excited about the picture app. I find the 9900 camera to be abysmal, so I'm excited about what I see in the camera app.
    I have to say, though, that I really don't like those straight lines on the keyboard. I've been so excited about the N series and I'm not thrilled about the design. I'll get it, along with the L series. But I've got a feeling my love will be the L.
    11-24-12 07:57 AM
    There were a number of WTF moments in that video. Lady Gaga "recording sounds" and releasing a track in one day? J K Rowling writing a short story on the phone? Who made this video? Is it a parody? Please tell me it was a parody or fan creation, because if RIM paid for this, then I fear for the marketing they might come up with. Some of the concepts here are even more ridiculous than "leapfrog the competition" or "first professional tablet"
    11-24-12 08:14 AM
    Thank you OP I missed it the first time.
    I am hugely excited about the picture app. I find the 9900 camera to be abysmal, so I'm excited about what I see in the camera app.
    I have to say, though, that I really don't like those straight lines on the keyboard. I've been so excited about the N series and I'm not thrilled about the design. I'll get it, along with the L series. But I've got a feeling my love will be the L.
    I'm pretty sure that the N series is straight to increase screen size...
    11-24-12 08:18 AM
    I'm pretty sure that the N series is straight to increase screen size...
    They wouldn't lose any screen size if the keyboard just curved into the chin of the phone.
    Still hoping the actual full qwerty phone looks less aesthetically like a 9900, but also gains a curved keyboard.
    11-24-12 08:20 AM
    They wouldn't lose any screen size if the keyboard just curved into the chin of the phone.
    Still hoping the actual full qwerty phone looks less aesthetically like a 9900, but also gains a curved keyboard.
    You would impair the ergonomics by eating into the chin of the phone (consider where you rest your thumbs when typing at speed) and it is a mistake that is commonly made on some of these concept designs that people ooh over, the loss of the curve to the keyboard is somewhat unfortunate, but things like the curving on the actual keys is actually a far more important reason why they 9900 keyboard is so good.
    11-24-12 09:45 AM
    You would impair the ergonomics by eating into the chin of the phone (consider where you rest your thumbs when typing at speed) and it is a mistake that is commonly made on some of these concept designs that people ooh over, the loss of the curve to the keyboard is somewhat unfortunate, but things like the curving on the actual keys is actually a far more important reason why they 9900 keyboard is so good.
    Perhaps.
    If I remember correctly that is the same design as the Droid Pro?????
    I HATED the feel of that phone. I have to find a pic.
    Yup, same straight lines to the keyboard. I hated it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-24-12 09:59 AM
    I used one of those, the keys were rubbish, it was uncomfortable to hold due to the absence of a chin and was top-heavy due to being too tall. A much better example of how a straight keyboard can work is on the 9981 and that is even with the keys not being as nice as on a 9900.
    11-24-12 10:14 AM
    I used one of those, the keys were rubbish, it was uncomfortable to hold due to the absence of a chin and was top-heavy due to being too tall. A much better example of how a straight keyboard can work is on the 9981 and that is even with the keys not being as nice as on a 9900.
    Qbnkelt, I agree with Skeevecr on this. Has RIM EVER made a bad keyboard on any of the Bold/ Curve form BlackBerry's?
    11-24-12 04:16 PM
    There were a number of WTF moments in that video. Lady Gaga "recording sounds" and releasing a track in one day? J K Rowling writing a short story on the phone? Who made this video? Is it a parody? Please tell me it was a parody or fan creation, because if RIM paid for this, then I fear for the marketing they might come up with. Some of the concepts here are even more ridiculous than "leapfrog the competition" or "first professional tablet"
    Huh??? I thought those were pretty cool! I was actually impressed that they were getting celebrities in on as part of the marketing strategy.
    kbz1960 and anon(3896606) like this.
    11-24-12 04:30 PM
    Huh??? I thought those were pretty cool! I was actually impressed that they were getting celebrities in on as part of the marketing strategy.
    Have never heard any more about the phones journey. Wonder if we ever will or if it was just a thought put in a video?
    11-24-12 04:33 PM
    I think they are actually going with this strategy. Could be why there are evaluation units in the wild. You know the ones without a removable battery that everyone thinks is final hardware for L series.
    11-24-12 06:33 PM
    I have to say, though, that I really don't like those straight lines on the keyboard.
    I did not like the design at first. But why RIM did it (other than screen real estate) is obvious now to me.

If you put the "L" and "N" side by side the key spacings on both should be very close. So I think RIM did this to make the "feel" of moving between these devices very close. That is pretty impossible if one has straight line keys and the other curved.

That should facilitate folks finally ditching qwerty and moving to all touch on a BlackBerry. And by that I mean more folks, not all, of course.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-24-12 07:06 PM
    I think this was a marketing concept they were pushing for the release. No actual celebrities were harmed during the making of the video.
    11-24-12 08:37 PM
    Has it been confirmed that the evaluation units have a non removal battery door? I like the design of the L, but would be awesome to see something brand new on the launch that has yet to be leaked.
    11-25-12 01:31 AM
    Somebody recently put up that they had inside info from a BlackBerry employee that it wouldn't be straight but just like the current 9900 keyboard. Don't know about the veracity of that, but there you go...
    11-25-12 02:12 AM
    Has it been confirmed that the evaluation units have a non removal battery door? I like the design of the L, but would be awesome to see something brand new on the launch that has yet to be leaked.
    Actually, the opposite has been confirmed as being the case a number of times now, the only devices with a non-removable battery door were the dev alpha a devices. One possible reason why this misinformation seems to persist and allows people to think that the final hardware will look different is that it is the whole back that comes off meaning that there is no visible door on the L-series devices.
    11-25-12 06:38 AM
    Actually, the opposite has been confirmed as being the case a number of times now, the only devices with a non-removable battery door were the dev alpha a devices. One possible reason why this misinformation seems to persist and allows people to think that the final hardware will look different is that it is the whole back that comes off meaning that there is no visible door on the L-series devices.
    according to this supposed leaked doc, the aristo wont have a removable battery, kinda sucks...

Sent from my BOLD or maybe my soon to be BB10 PlayBook
    11-30-12 02:10 PM
    according to this supposed leaked doc, the aristo wont have a removable battery, kinda sucks...
    Aristo isn't a device being released anytime soon and specs can easily change in many ways, but as far as some bb10 models having a fixed battery that is fine with me providing that is not the only one that they offer and will allow them to compete directly in the areas where thinness of device outweighs greater practicality.
    12-02-12 11:13 AM