I've tried searching without success. I want to know if BB10 will have video chat capabilities WITHOUT being in wifi?

To me it would be ineffective if this were the case.

I'm hoping that the minds at RIM would have figured this one out.

GO RIM!!!
    12-28-12 09:31 AM
    we do not know for sure how they will do it but we know BBM will have Video chat
    12-28-12 09:36 AM
    I've tried searching without success. I want to know if BB10 will have video chat capabilities WITHOUT being in wifi?

To me it would be ineffective if this were the case.

I'm hoping that the minds at RIM would have figured this one out.

GO RIM!!!
    A good way to test this may be to have someone with a 4G pb try video calling someone with wifi turned off. Can anyone shed some light on this?
    12-28-12 09:46 AM
    I know I'm gonna get flamed on for this but here goes: I've been "told" by someone I trust and hasn't let me down that it will EVENTUALLY be available not only on wifi but also 4G/LTE and here's the best part, even 3G. This is not fact but a "rumour" if you will, so take it for what it is. There will be no mention of source, link, screenshot..........
    KDB84 likes this.
    12-28-12 09:51 AM
    its all about the quality of the images

drop the resolution for a smaller screen, and drop the frame rate and it could work ok on 4g, most of what I've seen on 3g is not good enough.

but you will need a big data plan if you plan to use it a lot.
    12-28-12 10:59 AM
    As much as it pains me to say this. Facetime only works over Wifi (according to my iphone using friend). Soooo, at the end of the day BBM VideoChat only on Wifi, won't be a bad thing.
    12-28-12 11:33 AM
    FaceTime works over 4g think you need some new friends that know something lol
    12-28-12 11:34 AM
    As much as it pains me to say this. Facetime only works over Wifi (according to my iphone using friend). Soooo, at the end of the day BBM VideoChat only on Wifi, won't be a bad thing.
    Just because the competition has a flaw, doesn't mean you should be stooping down to their level. BlackBerry 10 needs to exceed the competition to become a real winner, and I think that Video Chat will work on 4G at some point.
    12-28-12 11:40 AM
    Are you guys talking about something that would be BB to BB only, or something that would work across platforms ?
    12-28-12 11:40 AM
    I know I'm gonna get flamed on for this but here goes: I've been "told" by someone I trust and hasn't let me down that it will EVENTUALLY be available not only on wifi but also 4G/LTE and here's the best part, even 3G. This is not fact but a "rumour" if you will, so take it for what it is. There will be no mention of source, link, screenshot..........
    On second thought, I might have confused video chat with BBM voice.
    12-28-12 02:02 PM
    FaceTime works over 4g think you need some new friends that know something lol
    Did you think that maybe my friend doesn't have a 4g Iphone. imjussayin!
    12-28-12 03:54 PM