So basically, after 2 years (from concept design inception) we have this. I guess that means by 2014 we'll have LTE/QNX BBs.
    2014??? With rim??? You're such a dreamer!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-11 02:59 AM
    2014??? With rim??? You're such a dreamer!

You haven't been around these parts for ages and post a Rodney Dangerfield one liner?
    02-23-11 06:21 AM
    You haven't been around these parts for ages and post a Rodney Dangerfield one liner?
    So I take it I've been missed? Lol

02-23-11 07:52 AM
    It is foolish to claim that Tat is not using GPU on the playbook for video acceleration, they earned their bread and butter by doing some remarkable UI and in tech community they are regarded as the god of user interfaces, their cascades framework run in more than 40 million devices and they are better aware what is a CPU and a GPU and how to use it. Believe me Playbook is by far the smoothest table and even the iPad falls shy in comparison to it.

check out this video and listen what Tat ex-CTO has to say on how they leveraged the GPU and CPU on the playbook, this is something ground breaking and the demo has some crazy potential like one can play something on their large screen LCD TV connected to the playbook and at the same time do something completely different on the Playbook.

You're right, they are using the GPU. I watched this video because it was the first one out and it was hard to pick up on the GPU thing because of the heavier accent. Anyway, they were still splitting up the cores to do one thing on the video output and the other local to the PB display, so that part was right.

BTW, does anyone else think the RIM rep looks like Jonathan Rhys Meyers?
    02-23-11 10:50 PM
    I'm willing to bet that, not much change from the build in the video and the final build....Rim's motto should be "change we don't believe in".....Laggy software is laughable in 2011....I want to see rim succeed, but c'mon enough is enough........
    A laggy OS is not cool in this day and age, but when have we seen any other device in its earliest stages, none that I can remeber. But every andriod to date has had some glearing issue on launch and that trend just contiues today with the Xoom and it's laggy OS, lack of this and that and while I am at it the iphone that SOB still can't hold a damn call but I guess some things can't be fixed.

That point I am trying to make is that no os is flawless no matter when it shown. So to make statements about how bad something is in its early build is dumb, but warrented after release.

02-24-11 05:42 AM
    A laggy OS is not cool in this day and age, but when have we seen any other device in its earliest stages, none that I can remeber. But every andriod to date has had some glearing issue on launch and that trend just contiues today with the Xoom and it's laggy OS, lack of this and that and while I am at it the iphone that SOB still can't hold a damn call but I guess some things can't be fixed.

That point I am trying to make is that no os is flawless no matter when it shown. So to make statements about how bad something is in its early build is dumb, but warrented after release.

I haven't dropped a single call on my Verizon iPhone. I'm not going to hold my breath until it happens, but I think it's safe to say that it's AT&T's crap network technology that's to blame for that. Heck, it could even be the GSM chipset (Infineon) in their version that's causing all the issues. I believe the Bold 9000 had the same chipset and it had some stability issues in the early OS stages as well. Anyway, the Verizon one is solid. A friend of mine has no service in his house on his AT&T iPhone, mine works without any issues in his house. That's all the proof I need. Lol
    02-24-11 09:08 AM
    I always love the every OS is buggy excuse. lol
    02-26-11 06:01 AM
    BB users are the most level headed people of all the users across all other platforms and they know what their phones are capable of and love their blackberries for a reason and there is no need for a sarcasm.
    So just because they love their berries makes them the most level headed people of all users across all other platforms? Lmao..spoken like a true fanboi.
    02-26-11 10:03 AM
    If its buggy now, then gets optimized, and works like it should, then what happens in 6 months when it has lots of use, apps, and lots of data on it?

I hate when reviewers talk about how snappy a device is when they just pull it out of the box! Makes me laugh frankly!

Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-26-11 at 09:01 PM.
    02-26-11 12:07 PM
    If its buggy now, then gets optimized, and works like it should, then what happens in 6 months when it has lots of use, appa, and lots of data on it?

I hate when reviewers talk about how snappy a device is when they just pull it out of th box! Makes me laugh frankly!

QFT. This was an even bigger issue with BB because of how quickly the memory pool would fill up and a lot of people weren't aware of this. How many threads and posts did we see a few years ago from users who'd fill up their phones with apps or data and wonder why their emails and older calendar entries would get deleted automatically.
    02-26-11 05:53 PM
    Look at any new OS findings thread here. And I quote, "its really snappy", "fastest os ever", "absolutely no lag", and my personnal favorite "the browser is faster"

LOL.

02-26-11 06:49 PM
    Look at any new OS findings thread here. And I quote, "its really snappy", "fastest os ever", "absolutely no lag", and my personnal favorite "the browser is faster"

LOL.

Then, two weeks later they ***** because the browser is slow, their apps are slow, and there's some kind of communications bug ie. 3G/4G doesn't work, SMS bug, UMA issues. Then a new OS update leaks, wash, rinse, repeat.
    02-26-11 07:00 PM
112 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD