Below info from crackberry main page.

http://crackberry.com/live-blackberr...co-caught-film

* Update: The original poster of this video removed it from their youtube account as quick as they posted it, but luckily I we got it yanked from youtube in time (thx Bla1ze! I managed to get a copy recorded on my 9780 too). Check out the video again above. Enjoy! *

As I mentioned in our 2011 BlackBerry Smartphone Roadmap post, we're still not sure if the next-generation of full touchscreen BlackBerry is going to carry the Storm name or something different, but that hasn't stopped a Verizon branded version of it from popping up on youtube. Codenamed monaco, the device in the video should be rocking BlackBerry 6.1 along with the following specs:

•Dimensions: Sleek, thin profile - 11.5mm thick (120 x 62 x 11.5 mm)
    •Processor: Qualcomm 1.2GHz Processor
    •Radioual band CDMA, EV-DO Rev A, RX Diversity ; Quad band EDGE / Single Band UMTS
    •Display: 3.7" - 800x480 resolution, 15:9 aspect ration, 253 DPI
    •Camera: 5 MP - Flash - Image Stabilization - HD Video Recording (720p)
    •Navigation: Capacitive touch + BlackBerry navigation keys + optical navigation module. One convenience key
    •Memory: 4GB storage + 768MB RAM + up to 32GB MicroSD
    •WiFi/GPS: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n + GPS + Bluetooth 2.1 EDR + Mobile HotSpot
    •Connectivity: Micro USB - Bluetooth - NFC
    •Sensors: Magnetometer - Accelerometer - Proximity
    •Software: Enhanced BlackBerry SW v.6.1, BlackBerry Evolution 6, Open GL ES 2.0, APIs for magnetometer and augmented reality apps
    With this device not really expected to be announced until BlackBerry World in May, there's still lots of time for RIM to work on the software. But all in all it's looking good! Check out the video above and drop us a comment with your thoughts. Let's hope we see a more in-depth follow up video in the not so distant future.

Source: CrackBerry Forums

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by espresso1967; 02-18-11 at 11:34 PM.
    02-18-11 05:23 PM
    Yeah the lag is kind of irrelevant because nobody knows what kind of build it's running...

Regardless 6.0 isn't that laggy on existing hardware, so...
    02-18-11 05:25 PM
    It is running an incomplete build of 6.1.0.17.
    big_time2 likes this.
    02-18-11 05:26 PM
    http://n4bb.com/4310/video-of-the-blackberry-storm-3-monaco-leaked?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&ut m_campaign=Feed%3A+N4BB+%28N4BB.COM%29

The first live video of the BlackBerry Storm 3, also known as the BlackBerry Monaco, has been leaked! As you can see in the video, the phone is rocking OS 6 but it seems to be kinda laggy, which isn�t good news, but seeing how the phone hasn�t been released I�m sure RIM is working on making the user experience much better than what you can see in the video. As for the phone itself, I�m gonna say it looks awesome! Definitely something to look forward to, right? Leave us your thoughts in the comment section below!

Don't know if you can really say it's laggy. If you note, the plastic shipping screen protector is still on. Once removed the screen is always more responsive, even on OS5. I'm liking it.
    02-18-11 05:28 PM
    Take it up with n4bb. That's not my article

02-18-11 05:46 PM
    This looked more like a curve touch. There were no bottom buttons and no front facing camera. So I doubt this is the monaco

02-18-11 05:49 PM
    Bottom buttons? Not sure what you were looking for, but perhaps this?

Could be a mockup anyway, so front facing camera may come in final full release, or may be covered by camo.
    02-18-11 06:28 PM
    This looked more like a curve touch. There were no bottom buttons and no front facing camera. So I doubt this is the monaco
    Could be a mockup anyway, so front facing camera may come in final full release, or may be covered by camo.
    Unless something changed recently, the Monaco doesn't have a front facing camera. Besides, Kevin said it was the Monaco.
    02-18-11 08:21 PM
    i think its the malibu curve touch look at the leaked pitures on the 2011 road it clearly looks like the malibu not the monaco
    02-18-11 08:32 PM
    I think the build looks plain amazing. Bigger screen equals great. Software needs some polishing and then it'll be killer.

02-18-11 08:56 PM
    We just need a few more videos to check out everything else about the phone.
    02-18-11 09:37 PM
    The device looks exactly like the Monaco, not sure where you guys are getting Curve Touch from... the devices look pretty different, and this looks 100% like that photo we saw a while ago with the thumb-ring guy holding it. Plus, when was there ever going to be a front facing camera on the Monaco??? I thought the specs confirmed that there wasn't going to be one.

Also, if you look at the device, when he shows the back and side views in the video, it looks just like the demensions/form factor style that is pictured in the computerized image of the Monaco.

Also, the device really doesn't look that laggy, especially for running a low-level build...
    02-18-11 09:43 PM
    It is running an incomplete build of 6.1.0.17.
    If this is true, WTF is so hard about releasing a speedy OS with a low build? Seriously, is it that hard after hundreds of thousands of builds throughout all the OS versions RIM has built to learn already how to optimize code in early releases. From the looks of it, expect the same OS progress in 6.1 as you've seen on the other ones. It'll be slow and buggy until it hits 6.1.0.4xx. It'll probably release with something in the 6.1.0.1xx or .2xx onboard.

I know you guys are probably tired of hearing me moan, but come on... it's the same thing release after release from RIM. How many decimals do you need to make your OS seem like it's an early build or a stable later build? Geez...

Oh yeah, and +1 on the "it's laggy" bit.
    02-18-11 09:58 PM
    Don't know if you can really say it's laggy. If you note, the plastic shipping screen protector is still on. Once removed the screen is always more responsive, even on OS5. I'm liking it.
    lol, screen response is not why we're saying it's laggy. Graphics moving and transitions is making it look laggy. Also, with two personal touchscreen BBs models under my belt and several 9800 units, plastic on the screen does not equal slow response. If it did, screen protectors would cause the same issue. lol
    02-18-11 10:01 PM
    Its about dang time we start getting sneak peaks.... I don't know about you all but I'm sick n tired of this 24/7 playbook crap.... Give us some phone stuff FFS!
    02-18-11 10:09 PM
    I don't think that video with the OS described can provide any reliable information. But it is encouraging to see the hate keeps flowing regardless.
    Machzy likes this.
    02-18-11 10:13 PM
    Well, hello D_March. I'm always amazed at how you always show up to defend RIM. I'm not hating, but stating what I'm seeing. WTF? It's an observation based on what's shown. What do you want me to do, pretend I didn't see any lag?
    JoelTruckerDude likes this.
    02-18-11 10:15 PM
    Well hello to you as well JRSCCivic98. I also feel it is silly to get excited about a device based on such a limited look with an unfinished OS. I would not expect you to refrain from speaking your mind nor would I support that. I would however warn you that excessive rolling of the eyes can lead to loss of eye control and potentially make you appear a little off.
    Machzy likes this.
    02-18-11 10:24 PM
    Oh, I'm already "a little off". lol
    02-18-11 10:28 PM
    lol, screen response is not why we're saying it's laggy. Graphics moving and transitions is making it look laggy. Also, with two personal touchscreen BBs models under my belt and several 9800 units, plastic on the screen does not equal slow response. If it did, screen protectors would cause the same issue. lol
    You make great points but the leaked CDMA slides for 6.1 clearly mentioned there will be improvement on screen latency.

BlackBerry 6.1 will pack a brand new "Liquid Graphics" feature meant to enhance and makeover the BlackBerry user experience.

The BlackBerry 6.1 Liquid Graphics features is designed "to optimize the Graphics pipeline and BlackBerry Java Applications to offers significant increases in frames per second performance with instant UI action/response, fluid animations, etc..."

And BlackBerry Liquid Graphics in BlackBerry 6.1 mean users will see high-resolution graphics support, up to 24 bit color, across all applications. And the features should also reduce system strain, which results in UI lag and latency.

Civic I know it's easy to just say they've done this so many times over and over again, why isn't it working flawlessly? I wonder the same thing. But you can tell it's so early that it doesn't even seem to be optimized for its new hardware. The media player doesn't show pictures that fit the screen size. Just by that, I'm assuming it's not even utilizing the processor/gpu features to their full potential. I'm sure there needs to be more code added for these things.

It's still too early IMO. Physically, what I can judge, the hardware looks awesome! It's like the Storm 9550 morphed into just the right size/styling for me. Love that they kept the same styling but trimmed down the thickness, and made the screen 3.7".....not 4.3" like all those unusually large handsets we've seen lately. Perfect.
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 02-18-11 at 10:35 PM.
    SaMaster14 likes this.
    02-18-11 10:32 PM
    Why don't we see slow OS videos for Android or iOS? It seems the only time we see that is when someone is working on cooking a ROM for Android for a build version never intended for the respective phone model, but you generally don't see it from the main manufacturers? Do those companies code better or do they just keep things locked behind closed door better? I would logically say that it's probably the JVM causing RIM this much of a problem OS release after OS release... Java is slow as balls sometimes, even with onboard web controls for printers, network gear, etc. They really need to get going on QNX already.

BTW, one positive thing in the video... this phone is a Verizon model.
    02-18-11 10:59 PM
    I don't think that video with the OS described can provide any reliable information. But it is encouraging to see the hate keeps flowing regardless.
    I'm willing to bet that, not much change from the build in the video and the final build....Rim's motto should be "change we don't believe in".....Laggy software is laughable in 2011....I want to see rim succeed, but c'mon enough is enough........
    02-18-11 11:07 PM
    Yeah I don't know why Android/iOS aren't like that but I would assume it has to do with JVM as well. Let's hope RIM does something promising regarding this "liquid graphics". & yes the Verizon logo is very promising. I hope we start seeing some more leaks from here on out. May isn't that far away!

I really hope the software is much improved from 6.1, but already we can at least expect improvements on screen size/resolution, processing power, hd camera, webkit browser, capacitive touch (for those that have issues with surepress), addition of magnetometer/nfc, etc. So this already includes huge improvements.

What we still have yet to FULLY see is an improved, smoother interface, increased file transfer sizes (BBM6 seems to offer video transfer which could lead to this), loading apps off internal storage, etc. Without these it could still appear lacking to today's standards.
    02-18-11 11:16 PM
    Well, hello D_March. I'm always amazed at how you always show up to defend RIM. I'm not hating, but stating what I'm seeing. WTF? It's an observation based on what's shown. What do you want me to do, pretend I didn't see any lag?
    It's an unreleased device in testing. You're whining.
    02-18-11 11:24 PM
    The device looks exactly like the Monaco, not sure where you guys are getting Curve Touch from... the devices look pretty different, and this looks 100% like that photo we saw a while ago with the thumb-ring guy holding it. Plus, when was there ever going to be a front facing camera on the Monaco??? I thought the specs confirmed that there wasn't going to be one.

Also, if you look at the device, when he shows the back and side views in the video, it looks just like the demensions/form factor style that is pictured in the computerized image of the Monaco.

Also, the device really doesn't look that laggy, especially for running a low-level build...
    if we're talking about the photo that came out last summer then yes but the latest pics that came out do not look exactly alike the device on this video. The latest pictures show's the monaco having 4 physical keyboards, which this device does not, I personally hope this is the actual Monaco and they never planned on having physical keyboards but I'm still not confident that it is the Monaco.
    02-18-11 11:28 PM
112 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD