I hate it when I can't figure something out myself, but this app has me stumped.

In the step-by-step directions, it says the following:

4. Select the profiles-application (Loud/Silent/Normal...) and select your active Profile and click on 'Advanced'
    5. Edit your current profile
    6. Select the setting for 'Phone'
    7. Edit the 'Out of Holster:' and 'In Holster:' -Mode
    8. Set it to just 'Tone' and NOT to 'Vibrate+Tone'

I'm getting stuck on step 4. What is the profiles application? I thought it was the Sounds app, which brings up the Normal, Loud, Vibrate Only, etc. choices, but I don't see where to click on 'Advanced' to edit my profile (as it asks you to do at the end of Step 4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    05-13-09 09:08 AM
    Scroll down all the way to the bottom of the menu you are referencing above. Mine reads - Loud, vibrate, quiet, normal, phone only, off and Advanced.
    05-13-09 09:23 AM
    Mine (BB Storm) reads:

Normal (Active)
    Loud
    Medium
    Vibrate Only
    Silent
    Phone Calls Only
    All Alerts Off
    05-13-09 09:49 AM
    ok, hmm, mine is the Curve. By the heading you say "Vib and Ring Problem". Are you wanting your phone to vibrate and ring at the same time? If so, I know there isnt a setting for the Curve to do this and I dont think any BB does. There is a free app called "BuzzMe" that is free and does allow the phone to ring and vib at the same time. I believe I got if from BBGeeks. It has worked fine on my Curve.
    05-13-09 10:18 AM
    VibAndRing is actually an app that I purchased which is supposed to allow your BB to vibrate and ring at the same time.
    05-13-09 11:55 AM
    On the Storm it is the sounds folder...
    05-13-09 11:57 AM
    Does BuzzMe stop vibrating when you press the mute button? Because I know VibAndRing does not
    05-13-09 12:35 PM
    On the Storm it is the sounds folder...
    I'm feeling like an *****, but where is the Sounds folder? When I hit the Sounds icon, I get the screen I referenced above, but no option for 'Advanced.'
    05-13-09 12:46 PM
    Does BuzzMe stop vibrating when you press the mute button? Because I know VibAndRing does not
    Nope the ring stops but not the vibrate
    05-13-09 01:02 PM
    Does anyone know how to change the storm to make the vibrate or silent work correctly when a phone call comes in from any contacts or non-contacts. My storm still plays the ring tone that is selected for all calls and contacts.
    09-05-09 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD