They love opening cases but never solve them
    ^^What he said!^^

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 05:26 PM
    You people in the US don't know how lucky you are, in terms of your dealings with DR. I ordered a Classic, pre-release, here in the UK - usual time passed between order and acknowledgement, then nothing for a while. It was going to be a surprise for my wife, but it didn't stay secret for long, and she said she'd rather take my Z30 (I had bought a Passport and the Z30 was languishing for the time being). So I cancelled the order. That was where the fun started. As I said, we're in the UK, and when I cancelled the order, DR emailed me to say that, if I wanted to return the phone, I would have to mail it back to their place of business in Slovenia. Quite frankly, I didn't see why I should pay an international courier charge, plus possibly customs charges, and we were also going away over the Xmas period when it looked as if the phone might have been delivered. Eventually they suggested having our building staff simply refuse the delivery, which made sense

It took the courier company ten days to get the phone from Austria to the UK, then one day out for delivery (two attempts, both refused), then another three weeks for the shipper to initiate the return on January 19th. On the 19th and 20th, according to their tracking system, it's been outbound to their (maybe) UK location, then inbound, then outbound again, then inbound again. And it hasn't moved since January 20th. DR won't refund me till they get the phone back and it's been processed in (7-10 days), and they won't take any responsibility for their carrier either. The whole thing is just a bloody mess, and, like many others here, I won't be buying from ShopBB again, for as long as it's managed by DR.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-28-15 06:29 AM
    it's been outbound to their (maybe) UK location, then inbound, then outbound again, then inbound again. And it hasn't moved since January 20th. DR won't refund me till they get the phone back and it's been processed in (7-10 days), and they won't take any responsibility for their carrier either. The whole thing is just a bloody mess, and, like many others here, I won't be buying from ShopBB again, for as long as it's managed by DR.
    You may want to call the courier directly to see what is happening. As I mentioned in my post, a few posts back, Digital River will not accept responsibility for refused deliveries stuck in customs. I suspect, the courier is having a problem sending it back either because of missing customs paperwork or Digital River is refusing the package.

For others reading this in the future, it is best to take delivery, then get an RMA and send it back. When you you refuse delivery, you do not have control over the phone getting back to ShopBlackBerry.

Here are the UK Term Of Sale for ShopBlackBerry:

https://shop.blackberry.com/DRHM/sto...merceProvider=

If you refuse or fail to take delivery of Products provided in accordance with these Terms, the Products shall nonetheless become your property and:

You shall be responsible for all costs of Product storage and any additional costs incurred as a result of such refusal or failure to take delivery;

We shall be entitled 30 days after the agreed date for delivery to dispose of Products and we may charge you for any costs associated with this.

The US Terms and conditions are even worse for the consumer.

https://shop.blackberry.com/store/de...ConditionsPage

REJECTION, DAMAGE OR LOSS IN TRANSIT; PRODUCT WARRANTY

Except as set out above or under any applicable returns policy presented on the DR Commerce Solution and applicable to your purchase of a Product or DR Service (“Returns Policy”) and subject to any rights you have under applicable law that cannot be excluded or limited by these Terms:

We shall not be liable and you shall not be entitled to reject Products or DR Services, except for:

(a)
    Damage to or loss of Products or any part thereof in transit (where the Products are carried by our own transport or by a carrier on our behalf) for which you notify us in writing of such damage or loss within 5 working days of your receipt of the Products (if damaged) or 5 working days of the anticipated delivery date of the Products (if lost);

(b)
    Defects in Products (not being defects caused by any act, neglect or default on your part) for which you notify us of such defect within 30 days of your receipt of the Products.

(c)
    Defective performance of DR Services (not being defects caused by any act, neglect or default on your part) for which you notify us of such defective performance within 5 days of such defect becoming apparent.

We shall not be liable for any damage or losses arising from defective installation of the Products; from the use of the Products in connection with other defective, unsuitable or defectively installed equipment; your negligence; improper use; or use in any manner inconsistent with the manufacturer's specifications or instructions.
    If you refuse or fail to take delivery of Products, any risk of loss or damage to the Products shall nonetheless pass to you, and without prejudice to any other rights or remedies we have:

We shall remain entitled to payment in full for the Products or DR Services delivered;

We may effect delivery by whatever means we consider appropriate or store Products at your risk, and you shall be liable for, and shall pay on our demand, all costs of Product storage and any additional costs incurred as a result of such refusal or failure to take delivery; and

We shall be entitled 30 days after the agreed date for delivery to dispose of Products in such manner as we determine and may set off any proceeds of sale against any sums due from you.
    Last edited by robsteve; 01-28-15 at 08:01 AM.
    01-28-15 07:47 AM
    You may want to call the courier directly to see what is happening. As I mentioned in my post, a few posts back, Digital River will not accept responsibility for refused deliveries stuck in customs. I suspect, the courier is having a problem sending it back either because of missing customs paperwork or Digital River is refusing the package.

For others reading this in the future, it is best to take delivery, then get an RMA and send it back. When you you refuse delivery, you do not have control over the phone getting back to ShopBlackBerry.

Thanks for this, Steve; in fact, I have now done that. The courier company, GLS, is pretty opaque, and it's not easy to get any contact info for them, but I have emailed them and we'll see what happens. I also emailed ShopBB again today, and we'll see where it goes.

I don't think it's a matter of DR refusing delivery; GLS's tracking website shows that the package doesn't appear to have moved for the last nine days. Despite their promises of 24-48-hour delivery, they seem to be really screwing something up.

Your comment about an RMA was a good idea, although DR actually told me to refuse delivery, so I assume that they will have to take responsibility for it now. Also, I shudder to think what the international courier charge to Slovenia might be.
    01-28-15 03:43 PM
    Update:

I did contact the carrier, as suggested, and it appears as if they might have lost it. GLS claims to have a very automated system, with nightly status reports on everything in the system, except that my phone seems not to have had a report for the last ten days.

The very helpful agent I spoke to told me that they have had continual problems with phones coming from the Blackberry shippers (presumably DR Austria) because the labels are not properly secured and they keep falling off.

They have put in a trace, and I had an email from DR Austria that they have also initiated a trace ticket their end. GLS's service standards mandate a result to me by late Monday, and a resolution within nine business days. We'll see what happens. Stay tuned.
    01-31-15 07:26 PM
    Folks stay salty at blackberry and digital river. You might as well order a blackberry off Amazon.com in 2015.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 09:49 AM
    Folks stay salty at blackberry and digital river. You might as well order a blackberry off Amazon.com in 2015.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately ppl will continue to place orders with them despite the negative feedback.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 09:51 AM
    Unfortunately ppl will continue to place orders with them despite the negative feedback.

Posted via CB10
    The problem is that most people don't realize shopblackberry.com is so terrible before they order. They only make or seek-out threads like this one *after* things have already gone wrong

This is what happened to me. I made the mistake of thinking I could trust a site called shopblackberry.com since I believed BlackBerry would stand behind it and ensure things ran smoothly.

Clearly, they don't give a da**. Once the credit card transaction clears, they really don't seem to want anything to do with you (unless they are responding to a public shaming on twitter).

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    Tabdus likes this.
    02-02-15 11:39 AM
    I learned the hard way when I got my z30 and paid for next day delivery...I ended up having to drive all the way out to the FedEx by the airport to find that phone.

Ordered a Passport off Amazon and got it literally the next day with the good Amazon customer support.

Posted via CB10
    Tabdus likes this.
    02-02-15 01:15 PM
    I thought I'd do a quick update for everyone. After my credit card company refunded me the second charge, they told me that they were sure Digital River would handle the rest of the refund promptly. Sure enough, I received the second refund from Digital River. However, upon checking my account today, the amount of the refund was for $652.91, the price of a discounted red Passport (roughly $599.99 + tax). Digital River said they will investigate. LOL! All I can do is laugh at this point.
    02-03-15 01:09 PM
    Digital River: Outsourcing at its finest.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 09:10 PM
    Further update:

The story so far was that there was a major problem with the carrier, GLS. ShopBB emailed me to say they had raised their own ticket, and were supposed to let me know within 2-3 business days of Jan 30th.

Well, this saga continues.

I'm waiting for the update from BB, which they promised within 2-3 business days, from January 30th. By my reckoning, that makes February 4th, a week ago. However, I now know more than they do, and I'm utterly disgusted.

It appears that GLS located the phone on February 4th, possibly due to the ShopBB ticket. It was returned to DR on Feb 5th, visited Neunstein in Germany on the 7th, then visited Leobendorf in Austria, where it spent the day on February 10th, yesterday. After a brief trip into Hungary, it made its way into Slovakia, where it was sent out for delivery today, February 11th. The record shows it was delivered at 0853 this morning.

But the tragedy doesn't end there. At 0901, the trace shows that Digital River actually declined delivery, and the same happened again tonight at 1753. Heaven only knows where the phone is now, or whether GLS will try to deliver it again tomorrow.

It is now two months since my original order and credit card debit. I've finally lost patience and I'll be contacting my credit card company tomorrow - Digital River seem to be unable to get their act together. They are incredibly inefficient, and are doing their best to bury a once-great phone company. IS ANYONE FROM BLACKBERRY LISTENING? PLEASE STOP USING THIS NODDY-IN-TOYLAND COMPANY.
    vpblaze likes this.
    02-11-15 04:27 PM
    No one in Blackberry is listening to the constant complaints against Digital River. Who is Digital River and why does such an incompetent shipping service have a strangle hold on Blackberry? Digital River really stinks up the air.
    02-11-15 05:38 PM
    OP I very much appreciate you tell us that you were about to rant and gave us the option before diving into your rant... I respect you so much more now and wish everyone did that!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 09:48 PM
39 12