I saw this article earlier today and figured I would share.

WOW at where we are at with technology - Wireless Power?! who would have ever thought we we see this now!

Wireless Electricity Is Here (Seriously) | Fast Company

page is kind of slow to load up - but it does load
    02-17-09 11:53 AM
    Amazing. This will lead to all new advances in technology. Nice find.
    02-17-09 02:16 PM
    So what you are saying is that in 10 years.....if I turn my head the wrong way while on my phone in the house, there is a likely chance several volts of imaginary electricity will be pulsing from my wall, through my cranium, and into my phone....most likely quadrupling the rate at which I grow a Blackberry shaped tumor?

Sign me up.
    02-17-09 02:24 PM
    My battery would never die again! Forget buying a second battery...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 02:49 PM
    Very cool. My wife has an electric toothbrush that charges through induction, which is nice, but to charge almost anything with the built in coils.
    02-17-09 02:51 PM
    This was achieved back in the late 1800 by a man named Nickola Tesla! Google and read you will be surprised. The government has been hiding this from the people for over a hundred years. He was able to power an AC electric car with it and could achieve 90 MPH. JP Morgan was bank rolling his experiment until he found out there was no place to put the meter. FREE ELECTRICITY!
    02-17-09 03:11 PM
    This was achieved back in the late 1800 by a man named Nickola Tesla! Google and read you will be surprised. The government has been hiding this from the people for over a hundred years. He was able to power an AC electric car with it and could achieve 90 MPH. JP Morgan was bank rolling his experiment until he found out there was no place to put the meter. FREE ELECTRICITY!
    Wow that is so stupid i hate the government in the United States
    02-17-09 06:43 PM
    There's been a lot of things in the past that have been hidden like this. Mostly because of money, sorta like gas powered cars. The petrolium industry doesn't want electric powered cars or cars that are powered off water to hit the market because then they won't make any money. It sucks but its all based off who gets paid and how much .

Oh and yes, I like blackberry shaped tumors too! One day they'll figureout how to broadcast everything in digital, then we're really screwed haha.

02-17-09 08:00 PM
    You people and your conspiracy theories.....
    02-17-09 08:24 PM
    I have used the technology to run a car with water assistance, with the right setup you can achieve 80+ mpg. The problem I have is winter. Water keeps freezing.

02-17-09 08:37 PM
    You'd have to have a temp monitor that kept the tank of water above freezing at all times. Only problem with that is, it would need constant energy to run the temp and heating unit. Plus when the car turns off, you'd also need something that would flush the hoses clean of water (maybe compressed air?) So this way the hoses don't freeze. Just somethin off the top of my head.

02-17-09 09:10 PM
    The information about the wireless power is true. Not a conspiracy theory.
    02-22-09 02:22 PM
    Hmmm very interesting indeed.
    02-22-09 02:38 PM
    So what you are saying is that in 10 years.....if I turn my head the wrong way while on my phone in the house, there is a likely chance several volts of imaginary electricity will be pulsing from my wall, through my cranium, and into my phone....most likely quadrupling the rate at which I grow a Blackberry shaped tumor?

Sign me up.

Dude I couldn't help but laugh my *** off.
    02-22-09 02:47 PM
    The technology wasn't hidden by the government, it proved to be hugely impractical. The amount of energy required to beam electricity through the air is several times what any device will actually use.

02-22-09 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD