Whoa whoa whoa....dont hijack what ive said. I dont agree with anything that you've posted here.

I'm extremely excited for whats to come this year, im also interested to see what Mr. Chen will do......I'm just not a fan of whats been happening here on Crackberry....its disappointing tbh.

Also after getting the z30 and feeling its high end watch like build quality, seeing umi use an s4 instead on a far superiorly built z30...is a slap in the face to this site imo. the s4 is like a plastic digital watch compared to the z30 build imho.

Posted via CB10
    Umi is employed to write for Crackberry. It's his job. That doesn't mean he has to solely use blackberry products. I've worked for many companies who's products I wouldn't dream of using...
    kbz1960, Laura Knotek and JeepBB like this.
    04-16-14 12:10 PM
    Gosh, you guys are tough on Kevin! It wasn't his fault that the writer of the ill-advised article did not do his due diligence.

Yes, one Crackberry author goofed up, but let's not drag Kevin over the coals for every single transgression.
    04-16-14 04:49 PM
    Have you realized that he wasn't misquoted yet, or is the fantasy still continuing?
    Reuters' credibility on that would have been greatly enhanced if they demonstrated this (especially given the fact that the video interview that they linked right in the text article fails to corroborate these claims, and in fact makes them APPEAR to be fabricated), rather than throw out an un-verifiable claim that appears to not only take a comment and quote it out of context (as Chen later pointed-out), but strangely write the ONE kind of headline that would get everyone's tongues wagging - even if Chen did not say it in the way the headline "quotes" it - how strange of them.

Here's a newsflash for you: we know for sure (as in 100%) "that he said it". Even Chen doesn't deny that "he said it". All Chen can offer up is a pathetic excuse ("I was quoted out of context").
    It's not a pathetic excuse. Comments twisted and regurgitated out of context can completely change their meaning in many cases.

If taking umbrage at that is "pathetic", then clearly you must never have been in any position of influence where your public comments twisted in the same manner would be disastrous for you or anything you are associated with, or you're just biased.

And this is at the crux of so much useless drivel here from armchair CEOs: people intoning about things of which they either have no concept about, or who are so completely biased that they will simply throw out any data that disagrees with their predetermined stance.

So what people should be doing isn't so much being "very disappointed in Chen ... for being a poor communicator", they should be wondering why YOU are so dead bent on disparaging Chen in absolute and believing something as fact so easily when there are clearly gaps on how this has played out.
    ^This. A thousand times this.
    04-19-14 05:29 PM
    The last few pages of attack dogging Kevin are some of the most pathetic things I've seen in 6 years of posting here.

There's liking a brand and becoming unhealthily obsessed. Some in this thread need a good long look. Practically asking for Kevin to be drawn and quartered is sad if it wasn't so terrifying.

People do remember this is a phone, right?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

A good chunk of this thread is embarrassing...it makes CB users sound unhinged.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Given that you've been pushing this line for at least the last couple of years here - that the Blackberry fans are essentially "unhinged" and "too loyal" or "too apologetic" or "too obsessed", or "too critical of other platforms", etc etc etc... I'm guessing there must be some sort of appeal to keep coming back. People do have strange forms of entertainment sometimes.

And by the way, proud HTC One_M8 user: remember: it's only a phone. No need to tell everyone in every single post which phone you're using. Right? It's only a phone, right?
    04-19-14 05:58 PM
    [re: Crackberry's Blackberry mission etc] It's the watering down effect and follow-on effect that set in with the Android app (side)loading...

At least I believe this plays a part.

It may play a small part, but I don't think that's the crux of it.

Mobile Nations long ago diversified what was at one time just Crackberry, into something that encompasses all the major mobile platforms. And those other mobile platforms are now greatly exceeding the sales of BlackBerry, and have way more users and way more things happening in those ecosystems in general, so Mobile Nations is shifting its emphasis. Not least because Mobile Nations website traffic is - unsurprisingly - increasingly favoring the non-CB sites, according to web metrics I've seen.

And it's certainly their prerogative to adapt and prioritize their business as they see fit.

What I have a problem with is continuing to tout a site as the top destination for a platform and its "Number One fans" when it clearly is not getting that kind of attention from the staff any more but even more importantly, when its writers are increasingly hedging their stances on how they discuss BlackBerry the company and BlackBerry products and I think this carries through to how the public forums are operated as well, to some extent.

While I think its nice to have a new member posting articles in Crackberry, I think its also another example that Kev didnt fully listen.....people were upset of the original teams lack of BlackBerry focus, instead of fixing it themselves they seemingly decided to hire a "fanboy" to give us critical members what we need.....if someone was really listening they would have known that wasn't so much what we wanted but rather Kevin focusing more on the original site that got MN where they are.

While the new guy seems cool, its a little frustrating from my perspective that "just throw them another writer" was the solution to a problem that I think people feel was much deeper.

I don't personally give a leap who the writers are, I think it's great that they brought Jubei on board, personally.

What I have an issue is overall editorial perspective and attitude. For example, Kevin touted the "cooperative Mobile Nations newsroom" as being some sort of great advance for Crackberry, when all I saw were non-BlackBerry users and partisans of other platforms writing news articles about Blackberry who didn't have enough knowledge/context to present them in a truly useful way, or worse yet, without some sort of other-platform perspective/bias that people don't come here to receive. If I wanted that I could go to any other mainstream tech news site and listen to writers sniggering about Blackberry and writing ignorant articles from the perspective of a person who has never used the thing s/he is writing about.

And let me tell you: if what Mobile Nations wants is to be pitted directly against Cnet, The Register, Engadget, AnandTech, Wired, ArsTechnica, InfoWorld, Information Week etc. - they are going to lose bigtime. Because they simply are not in that league, as a general technology news organization.
    clickitykeys likes this.
    04-19-14 06:01 PM
    Given that you've been pushing this line for at least the last couple of years here - that the Blackberry fans are essentially "unhinged" and "too loyal" or "too apologetic" or "too obsessed", or "too critical of other platforms", etc etc etc... I'm guessing there must be some sort of appeal to keep coming back. People do have strange forms of entertainment sometimes.

And by the way, proud HTC One_M8 user: remember: it's only a phone. No need to tell everyone in every single post which phone you're using. Right? It's only a phone, right?
    Yes...because the fact that I didn't turn off the AUTOMATIC SIGNATURE in tapatalk when I swapped phones is some nefarious plot.

Because it actually IS only a phone.

Heaven forbid I forget a setting to keep from insulting your delicate sensibilities.
    04-19-14 07:07 PM
    Again, have a nice night.
    04-19-14 07:30 PM
    Well I happen to love Crackberry and their format. Love having access to all the information, BlackBerry and other platforms.
    That's the reason I'm here. Love the articles, news stories, admin, mods and ambassadors. Life is too short, if I didn't love it here I wouldn't be here.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    04-20-14 05:51 AM
    Actually the Z30 could be there best selling BB10 device because they didn't overproduce it like the Z10.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Please provide the sales numbers. As far as I know the Z10 gas out sold so far, the Q10 and the Z30.
    Seems Indonesia has ran out of stock twice now.

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    04-20-14 07:55 AM
    Please provide the sales numbers. As far as I know the Z10 gas out sold so far, the Q10 and the Z30.
    Seems Indonesia has ran out of stock twice now.

It is too bad that the Z30 wasn't released first...that's the phone BB should have led with, not the Z10.

I'd use a signature but they aren't allowed...Oh and Tapatalk.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-20-14 09:51 AM
    It may play a small part, but I don't think that's the crux of it.

Mobile Nations long ago diversified what was at one time just Crackberry, into something that encompasses all the major mobile platforms. And those other mobile platforms are now greatly exceeding the sales of BlackBerry, and have way more users and way more things happening in those ecosystems in general, so Mobile Nations is shifting its emphasis. Not least because Mobile Nations website traffic is - unsurprisingly - increasingly favoring the non-CB sites, according to web metrics I've seen.

And it's certainly their prerogative to adapt and prioritize their business as they see fit.

What I have a problem with is continuing to tout a site as the top destination for a platform and its "Number One fans" when it clearly is not getting that kind of attention from the staff any more but even more importantly, when its writers are increasingly hedging their stances on how they discuss BlackBerry the company and BlackBerry products and I think this carries through to how the public forums are operated as well, to some extent.

I don't personally give a leap who the writers are, I think it's great that they brought Jubei on board, personally.

What I have an issue is overall editorial perspective and attitude. For example, Kevin touted the "cooperative Mobile Nations newsroom" as being some sort of great advance for Crackberry, when all I saw were non-BlackBerry users and partisans of other platforms writing news articles about Blackberry who didn't have enough knowledge/context to present them in a truly useful way, or worse yet, without some sort of other-platform perspective/bias that people don't come here to receive. If I wanted that I could go to any other mainstream tech news site and listen to writers sniggering about Blackberry and writing ignorant articles from the perspective of a person who has never used the thing s/he is writing about.

And let me tell you: if what Mobile Nations wants is to be pitted directly against Cnet, The Register, Engadget, AnandTech, Wired, ArsTechnica, InfoWorld, Information Week etc. - they are going to lose bigtime. Because they simply are not in that league, as a general technology news organization.
    Agreed. It would be wrong to blame any one person for what appears to be a systemic shift. Your assessment may seem harsh, but it is about as clear-eyed as it gets when it comes to describing the current state of Crackberry vis-a-vis BlackBerry.

The argument that Crackberry can be absolved because a "reputable" organization like Reuters carried the article is bollocks, and points more toward Crackberry dropping the ball on due diligence regarding matters in which it is supposed to have unrivaled expertise.
    Last edited by clickitykeys; 04-20-14 at 11:31 PM.
    04-20-14 10:09 PM
    It is too bad that the Z30 wasn't released first...that's the phone BB should have led with, not the Z10.

I'd use a signature but they aren't allowed...Oh and Tapatalk.
    One other point on this - companies like BlackBerry list sales as units sold - including to themselves, write offs, repairs, gifts, and a lot of times even inventory.

Never trust sales figures as shared - BlackBerry could sell a million Z10's and only a hundred Z30's on paper. It doesn't equate real full priced sales.

I think, based on local usage I've seen and companies, the Z30 is outselling the Z10 in the market in my city in terms of actual user base. Which is awesome to see for blackberry

I'm with you though I think the Z30 has become the new flagship phone in a lot of ways.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Last edited by KermEd; 04-21-14 at 10:13 AM.
    kbz1960 and reeneebob like this.
    04-21-14 10:00 AM
    Posted via CB10
    I don't believe you!

Posted via CB from my LE
    04-21-14 11:41 AM
    One other point on this - companies like BlackBerry list sales as units sold - including to themselves, write offs, repairs, gifts, and a lot of times even inventory.

Never trust sales figures as shared - BlackBerry could sell a million Z10's and only a hundred Z30's on paper. It doesn't equate real full priced sales.

I think, based on local usage I've seen and companies, the Z30 is outselling the Z10 in the market in my city in terms of actual user base. Which is awesome to see for blackberry

I'm with you though I think the Z30 has become the new flagship phone in a lot of ways.

Posted via CB from my LE
    What about my Q10? No love for Q's Q?!?!?😜

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    04-21-14 01:56 PM
    What about my Q10? No love for Q's Q?!?!?😜

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    Lol! The Q series is too awesome to even be trackable

Posted via CB from my LE
    04-21-14 03:00 PM
    There ya go!!!!! :-*

04-21-14 03:53 PM
    Lol! The Q series is too awesome to even be trackable

Posted via CB from my LE
    True enough, few humans have ever seen the continuum.
    Oh, maybe we're talking different Q's.
    04-21-14 04:30 PM
    How many at Droid central do a write up on BlackBerry?
    How many IOS central carry a BlackBerry and do articles on it?

They run a fan website and lately haven't acted as such much.

With that said, can't say I blame them.

Writers at Android central and iMore have said multiple times on twitter that they would switch to windows phone if it had proper Google support. WPCentral's editor-in-chief owns an iPhone and a Moto X, yet he writes about how Windows phone can do things that other OSes can't (and vice versa). Maybe most people at Mobile Nations just don't like BB10 and I can't really blame them, but they're entitled to their opinions.

There's nothing wrong with using the competition and frankly this cult mentality is what turns me off from using Crackberry. Frankly, this entire thread has me cringing. Is this really what people here think? Am I not worthy to post here because I own a Lumia 920, Z10, iPhone, and a Moto X? Geezus.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    04-21-14 04:34 PM
    Writers at Android central and iMore have said multiple times on twitter that they would switch to windows phone if it had proper Google support. WPCentral's editor-in-chief owns an iPhone and a Moto X, yet he writes about how Windows phone can do things that other OSes can't (and vice versa). Maybe most people at Mobile Nations just don't like BB10 and I can't really blame them, but they're entitled to their opinions.

There's nothing wrong with using the competition and frankly this cult mentality is what turns me off from using Crackberry. Frankly, this entire thread has me cringing. Is this really what people here think? Am I not worthy to post here because I own a Lumia 920, Z10, iPhone, and a Moto X? Geezus.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    No. Not everyone thinks that way. There are many of us who don't buy into the cult mentality. It is BECAUSE CB is open minded and BECAUSE there is open discussion that I am here.
    I'm not interested in being restrained or censored. I speak my mind about the phones I use.
    CB encourages discussion.
    What is not allowed are insults and personal attacks. We've seen some of those here on this very thread. By the usual suspects.

04-21-14 05:21 PM
    The sobering issue is that if Chen really said that, he is right! Blackberry has to produce something that enough people want to stop the bleeding we've all witnessed. to be honest the 9900 is a better looking & feeling phone and while the Q10 can do more it also does less and does it with more difficulty than the 9900. Blackberry's lack of being able to use the apps people were ( and still are ) screaming for is the reason RIM got stump busted. We can only hope it's not too late for them to pull it out because despite the faults I do like my Q10.
    04-24-14 05:22 PM

And by making an inflammatory and contorted caricature of people's arguments here and playing the victim, you do no one any service either.

The number of people here that actually think that a Crackberry writer should never touch anything other than a BlackBerry device are very, very few. Same goes for the participants in this thread. I see very few acting like BlackBerry fundamentalists.

And once again: Mobile Nations, Crackberry, Kevin Michaluk and the rest of the management are free to do whatever they want with their business, and if they wanted to shut down CrackBerry and write about nothing but Nintendo until the year 3000, that's their prerogative.

However Crackberry bills itself as the "Number one BlackBerry fan site" and Kevin Michaluk bills himself as the "#1 BlackBerry Fan". And if that's how the site (actually, sub-site) chooses to brand itself, then I suggest it live up to its own hype. You don't get to have it both ways.

And by that I mean: people here have a right to expect that the people writing articles for Crackberry A) understand the company and its history, B) understand the product and its history, and C) do not come with a pre-existing bias against the products or the company.

That really isn't much to ask for.

As qbnkelt wrote - and she is not alone - a significant number of people come here because the discourse is NOT totally polarized, because the overall quality of the discourse about the mobile technology world is quite high - regardless whether we are talking about BlackBerries or the industry in general.

So if everyone here was as polarized as the people making such accusations claim, then it's kind of strange why so many people who don't even use a BlackBerry as their primary mobile device choose to hang out here.
    habs_fan and clickitykeys like this.
    04-25-14 01:49 AM
    Guys, you are expecting that someone have the same enthusiasm about the same thing for a unlimited period of time. Its impossible if that person is normal.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 02:24 PM
147 ... 456