Wow this thread is still going strong.
    Unfortunately
    04-16-14 12:52 AM
    Like he said, he's officially a schmuck.

He's not CrackBerry Kevin, he's Mobile Nations Kevin. He's not BlackBerry's #1 fan, or even a true supporter.

Nobody trying to have that title would EVER write that post. A long in-depth piece for a competitor's fan site telling a COMPETITOR how to make tons of money in a new product category.

It's disgusting! I'm honestly appalled and I will no longer support Kevin in any of his endeavors. I've given him the benefit of the doubt countless times. He may have been a BlackBerry fan boy and CrackBerry addict before, but he truly is not anymore.

I would never buy an iPhone, let alone use one more than necessary to just be able to show how much better BlackBerry 10 is to others.

If you are writing articles about another ecosystem, waiting on launch day to buy their devices, giving tips on how a competitor can be more successful, you are no longer a BlackBerry fan. You are no longer CrackBerry's leader.

Kevin needs to resign from his title of editor in chief of CrackBerry. An editor in chief at Mobile Nations should only be using the devices within the brand's ecosystem. They should not be posting positively about a competitor or giving advice on how they can be even more successful. They should NOT be constantly talking about owning and using a competitor's device for anything other than to be educated when discussing features.

Kevin can be in charge of Mobile Nations as a whole, but he no longer fits as CrackBerry's fearless leader. He no longer has the respect of me, or countless others who are TRUE BlackBerry fans.

Posted via CB10
    Reality check time...
    You can still be a blackberry fan and yet appreciate the tech and innovation of other companies.
    Head in the sand, arrogant tunnel vision is what buried blackberry in the mire.
    Kevin created Crackberry, he can do what the hell he chooses, it's kind of laughable that a contributor thinks they can demand his resignation. Delusions of grandeur me thinks.
    04-16-14 01:22 AM
    Reality check time...
    You can still be a blackberry fan and yet appreciate the tech and innovation of other companies.
    Kevin created Crackberry, he can do what the hell he chooses, it's kind of laughable that a contributor thinks they can demand his resignation. Delusions of grandeur me thinks.
    Was about to say this.

I think the crux of the matter is the fact that Kevin's fanaticism to BlackBerry seems to be diluted with everything the competitor offers. One certainly can't deny that competitors also have their good, and Kevin not taking advantage of whatever the competitor offers to enhance his life is complete idiocy.

It's the fact that CrackBerry is no longer his, CrackBerry is Mobile Nations', and Kevin has a job to deal with, one that is more focused to Mobile Nations (a.k.a including the competitors) and less about CrackBerry. A #1 fan should not allow a blatant lie to be a headline in his fansite, and here we see a blatant lie about BlackBerry in a BlackBerry fansite! We also barely see him anymore, so yeah.

I agree that Kevin can do whatever the hell he damn well please, but Kevin has a reputation and a claim (#1 BlackBerry fan), his conduct should reflect that if he wants to keep it, is what I'm saying

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2102
    Clanked likes this.
    04-16-14 06:00 AM

He's not CrackBerry Kevin, he's Mobile Nations Kevin. He's not BlackBerry's #1 fan, or even a true supporter.

Nobody trying to have that title would EVER write that post. A long in-depth piece for a competitor's fan site telling a COMPETITOR how to make tons of money in a new product category.

It's disgusting! I'm honestly appalled and I will no longer support Kevin in any of his endeavors. I've given him the benefit of the doubt countless times. He may have been a BlackBerry fan boy and CrackBerry addict before, but he truly is not anymore.

I would never buy an iPhone, let alone use one more than necessary to just be able to show how much better BlackBerry 10 is to others.

If you are writing articles about another ecosystem, waiting on launch day to buy their devices, giving tips on how a competitor can be more successful, you are no longer a BlackBerry fan. You are no longer CrackBerry's leader.

Kevin needs to resign from his title of editor in chief of CrackBerry. An editor in chief at Mobile Nations should only be using the devices within the brand's ecosystem. They should not be posting positively about a competitor or giving advice on how they can be even more successful. They should NOT be constantly talking about owning and using a competitor's device for anything other than to be educated when discussing features.

Kevin can be in charge of Mobile Nations as a whole, but he no longer fits as CrackBerry's fearless leader. He no longer has the respect of me, or countless others who are TRUE BlackBerry fans.

Posted via CB10
    When a person purchases their very first smartphone, they're not taking an oath to blindly forsake any and all competing platforms from that day forward. And anybody here who has yet to promote Blackberry even .01% as much as Kevin has, is really in no position to judge or criticize.
    04-16-14 07:37 AM
    I have also noticed a decline in Kevins energy level toward BlackBerry. Can't blame him too much as BlackBerry has put us all through hell the past 4 years.

Maybe it is time for someone fresh to take the CB leader position.

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    04-16-14 07:55 AM
    When a person purchases their very first smartphone, they're not taking an oath to blindly forsake any and all competing platforms from that day forward. And anybody here who has yet to promote Blackberry even .01% as much as Kevin has, is really in no position to judge or criticize.
    Very wrong. Kevin is in the public eye. His method of getting there was on the back of BlackBerry success.
    He runs a BlackBerry fan site as well. He is not just another BlackBerry users as you say. So your point in null and void.

Now that BlackBerry is not as successful he is moving on.
    He just hasn't said so yet.

Clanked and peter0328 like this.
    04-16-14 07:58 AM
    Very wrong. Kevin is in the public eye. His method of getting there was on the back of BlackBerry success.
    He runs a BlackBerry fan site as well. He is not just another BlackBerry users as you say. So your point in null and void.

Now that BlackBerry is not as successful he is moving on.
    He just hasn't said so yet.

Are you serious? Kevin has proudly stepped up and promoted Blackberry through several years of RIM/BBRY's struggle and decline. What do you mean "Now that BlackBerry is not as successful he is moving on"? It's not like Blackberry's current problems simply cropped up in the last year. It's been several years of struggle, of which he has diligently trudged through. Blackberry isn't even in their darkest hour today, compared to the couple of years waiting for BB10 devices to finally release, where Kevin worked hard to promote Blackberry and encourage the fans to maintain a positive outlook. To insinuate that Blackberry carried Kevin on their backs with their success is simply not true. Mainly because it has been many years now where Blackberry has had little, if any, success.

If anything, he may be burned out and/or exhausted. But I'd hardly criticize.
    pantlesspenguin and mikeo007 like this.
    04-16-14 08:14 AM
    Are you serious? Kevin has proudly stepped up and promoted Blackberry through several years of RIM/BBRY's struggle and decline. What do you mean "Now that BlackBerry is not as successful he is moving on"? It's not like Blackberry's current problems simply cropped up in the last year. It's been several years of struggle, of which he has diligently trudged through. Blackberry isn't even in their darkest hour today, compared to the couple of years waiting for BB10 devices to finally release, where Kevin worked hard to promote Blackberry and encourage the fans to maintain a positive outlook. To insinuate that Blackberry carried Kevin on their backs with their success is simply not true. Mainly because it has been many years now where Blackberry has had little, if any, success.

If anything, he may be burned out and/or exhausted. But I'd hardly criticize.
    Yes I am. And it seems you didn't read the post I made after the one in your quote.

I am WELL AWARE of what BlackBerry has done to us the past years.

Get facts. Road more and be more informed.

04-16-14 08:54 AM
    Yes I am. And it seems you didn't read the post I made after the one in your quote.

I am WELL AWARE of what BlackBerry has done to us the past years.

Get facts. Read more and be more informed.

04-16-14 08:55 AM
    Unfortunately
    I guess a lot of fans on the site have been underwhelmed by its performance and kevins for a while now.

Kevs waiting in line for gold iphones dreaming of a crappy apple proprietary wearables....Adam has been using android openly as his main device for over a year.....Chris Umi has an S4 as his primary...I dont even think he's touched a Z30 which in an of itself if true imho is embarrassing given the site he contributes to......I think for a long time these posts have been brewing.....This site isnt the same anymore, and the people who run it I honestly feel aren't representative of the community imho. Throwing us a new "fanboy" writer doesn't solve the core problem imho.

My two cents.

Posted via CB10
    peter0328 likes this.
    04-16-14 09:24 AM
    Reality check time...
    I spent half my day streaming the project are dev conference yesterday... but that also doesn't mean I won't stand up for blatant lies against BlackBerry, or other companies

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 09:37 AM
    I guess a lot of fans on the site have been underwhelmed by its performance and kevins for a while now.

Kevs waiting in line for gold iphones dreaming of a crappy apple proprietary wearables....Adam has been using android openly as his main device for over a year.....Chris Umi has an S4 as his primary...I dont even think he's touched a Z30 which in an of itself if true imho is embarrassing given the site he contributes to......I think for a long time these posts have been brewing.....This site isnt the same anymore, and the people who run it I honestly feel aren't representative of the community imho. Throwing us a new "fanboy" writer doesn't solve the core problem imho.

My two cents.

Posted via CB10
    I agree.

Can't blame them for feeling bad toward BlackBerry. BlackBerry has been sucking for sometime now.

JC isn't inspiring any more either. Just another hot air, full of himself CEO.

This gets old after a while.

04-16-14 09:58 AM

My two cents.

Posted via CB10
    it is a fan site...not a cult...they can still be a BlackBerry user and keep using other phone

people in here always try to blaming ......(insert name exp: USA, app developer, carrier, retail store, media, android, apple,BB former CEO, CB editors etc ) for bad things happen with BB.
    kbz1960 and chr1sny like this.
    04-16-14 10:27 AM
    it is a fan site...not a cult...they can still be a BlackBerry user and keep using other phone

people in here always try to blaming ......(insert name exp: USA, app developer, carrier, retail store, media, android, apple,BB former CEO, CB editors etc ) for bad things happen with BB.
    How many at Droid central do a write up on BlackBerry?
    How many IOS central carry a BlackBerry and do articles on it?

They run a fan website and lately haven't acted as such much.

With that said, can't say I blame them.

04-16-14 10:36 AM
    The man grew out his hair for BB10, spent a good part of last year living on the road in Toronto, New York, and Orlando covering BlackBerry related news. If that's not devotion, I don't know what is.
    04-16-14 10:45 AM
    CB started changing the day it became mobile nations. How many of you have all your eggs in one basket? I do however question the claim of being BB's biggest fan anymore. At one time, yes. But really, do they need to rename someone their biggest fan?
    04-16-14 10:47 AM
    CB started changing the day it became mobile nations. How many of you have all your eggs in one basket? I do however question the claim of being BB's biggest fan anymore. At one time, yes. But really, do they need to rename someone their biggest fan?
    What on earth for? It's not exactly quantifiable. Start auditions, with the winner whoever named his/her kids after the most BB models?

Let Kevin keep his self-proclaimed title and if cage matches must ensue in defence, so be it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-16-14 10:52 AM
    I agree.

Can't blame them for feeling bad toward BlackBerry. BlackBerry has been sucking for sometime now.

JC isn't inspiring any more either. Just another hot air, full of himself CEO.

This gets old after a while.

Whoa whoa whoa....dont hijack what ive said. I dont agree with anything that you've posted here.

I'm extremely excited for whats to come this year, im also interested to see what Mr. Chen will do......I'm just not a fan of whats been happening here on Crackberry....its disappointing tbh.

Also after getting the z30 and feeling its high end watch like build quality, seeing umi use an s4 instead on a far superiorly built z30...is a slap in the face to this site imo. the s4 is like a plastic digital watch compared to the z30 build imho.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 10:53 AM
    I spent half my day streaming the project are dev conference yesterday... but that also doesn't mean I won't stand up for blatant lies against BlackBerry, or other companies

Posted via CB10
    Well good for you... Whatever those blatant lies were that passed many of us by...
    04-16-14 10:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wow. Get a grip.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    04-16-14 11:02 AM
    Wow this thread is still going strong.
    The last few pages of attack dogging Kevin are some of the most pathetic things I've seen in 6 years of posting here.

There's liking a brand and becoming unhealthily obsessed. Some in this thread need a good long look. Practically asking for Kevin to be drawn and quartered is sad if it wasn't so terrifying.

People do remember this is a phone, right?

04-16-14 11:05 AM

My two cents.

Posted via CB10
    Ever think that maybe they are the true reflection of the reality BlackBerry faces with their current offerings?

Just because they run a fan site doesn't mean they aren't people with changing tastes and desires, while still remaining genuinely interested in the platform. Asking them to do otherwise is cultish and frankly not a very healthy mindset. FWIW I prefer to think CB acts as an enthusiast site rather than fan site, forumite behavior notwithstanding, ready to help the overall BB community at large. That is a much grander vision, IMO, than a navel-gazing boys' club.
    04-16-14 11:07 AM
    A good chunk of this thread is embarrassing...it makes CB users sound unhinged.

04-16-14 11:10 AM
    Whoa whoa whoa....dont hijack what ive said. I dont agree with anything that you've posted here.

I'm extremely excited for whats to come this year, im also interested to see what Mr. Chen will do......I'm just not a fan of whats been happening here on Crackberry....its disappointing tbh.

Also after getting the z30 and feeling its high end watch like build quality, seeing umi use an s4 instead on a far superiorly built z30...is a slap in the face to this site imo. the s4 is like a plastic digital watch compared to the z30 build imho.

Posted via CB10
    I disagree. The Z30 isn't selling. No one carries it. It was a failure. With that said you or I may love our BlackBerry. I like my Z10 for now.

But in the end it is BlackBerry that caused this change on CB. It is BlackBerry that is causing the leaders of CB to cool.

Do you think they would be this way if BlackBerry was still successful??

04-16-14 11:10 AM
    I disagree. The Z30 isn't selling. No one carries it. It was a failure. With that said you or I may love our BlackBerry. I like my Z10 for now.

But in the end it is BlackBerry that caused this change on CB. It is BlackBerry that is causing the leaders of CB to cool.

Do you think they would be this way if BlackBerry was still successful??

Actually the Z30 could be there best selling BB10 device because they didn't overproduce it like the Z10.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-16-14 11:31 AM
147 ... 3456