actually now i would rather read the enquirer then this garbage. At least i know the enquirer is bs. These media outlets that pass themselves off as legitimate news stories is just crap. Make it up, spin the story, quote out of context or just plain lie. Anythng goes all to get a headline. It use to be the media use to report the story to get a news flash now they want to make the news. Its not a story if its not controversial. We all have read how news use to be the tiniest portion of the media group and now the exact opposite the news makes more money then any entertainment empire. So do you think its any wonder they have pushed the limits of viable stories. I think the headline man get married to alien has more believability then this crap they pass off as good media reporting. Can we all agree that what was actually reported yesterday was an out and out lie. Its pretty easy to say it was and now there is no retraction in fact they stand beside the story saying it was accurate. At some point this is going to blow up in everyone face. Lets hope its sooner then later.
    Xenolock and Omnitech like this.
    04-12-14 12:19 AM
    agreed i over the past 3 month i been feeling crackberry drifting away from being a hard core blackberry fan site
    It's the watering down effect and follow-on effect that set in with the Android app (side)loading...

At least I believe this plays a part.

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    04-12-14 01:11 AM
    Do you have Reuters transcript? If yes, post the link.
    Jeez, Chen has not denied the quote, just the context. He screwed up and got burned. Inexperience...
    JeepBB and anon(5828343) like this.
    04-12-14 03:55 AM
    So if this scenario is plausible, it means that it's possible that your assumptions may not be entirely true either. This is where we are at and that's why I say your vitriol towards Chen is misplaced until we know for sure that he said it.
    Ah! I get it now! You actually presume that Reuters, a company that was founded in the 1850s and is the granddaddy of news wire services, made up Mr. Chen's quotes just so they could run a story that is somehow inaccurate. Really?!?

Here's a newsflash for you: we know for sure (as in 100%) "that he said it". Even Chen doesn't deny that "he said it". All Chen can offer up is a pathetic excuse ("I was quoted out of context"). If he didn't say it, he would have said he was either misquoted or asked for a retraction. Again, we're talking about Reuters. They're not the National Enquirer or the Upper East Side neighborhood newsletter. This wasn't some overheard private conversation in a war zone, this was a formal interview in a boardroom with 20 other people besides the reporter that asked the question and Chen.

So, back to the original thesis in this thread, people should not be "very disappointed" in Crackberry or in Reuters or in every other media outlet that ran Chen's quote. People should be "very disappointed" in Chen himself for being a really poor communicator.
    JeepBB and chr1sny like this.
    04-12-14 10:26 AM
    Ah! I get it now! You actually presume that Reuters, a company that was founded in the 1850s and is the granddaddy of news wire services, made up Mr. Chen's quotes just so they could run a story that is somehow inaccurate. Really?!?

Here's a newsflash for you: we know for sure (as in 100%) "that he said it". Even Chen doesn't deny that "he said it". All Chen can offer up is a pathetic excuse ("I was quoted out of context"). If he didn't say it, he would have said he was either misquoted or asked for a retraction. Again, we're talking about Reuters. They're not the National Enquirer or the Upper East Side neighborhood newsletter. This wasn't some overheard private conversation in a war zone, this was a formal interview in a boardroom with 20 other people besides the reporter that asked the question and Chen.

So, back to the original thesis in this thread, people should not be "very disappointed" in Crackberry or in Reuters or in every other media outlet that ran Chen's quote. People should be "very disappointed" in Chen himself for being a really poor communicator.
    Reuters shouldn't have posted a video that did not contain the exact words that was quoted in their own article. The fact that we have interview questions ON VIDEO that asks about the handset business and it's profitability but the alleged quote nowhere to be found begs the question as to when that quote actually came out? And if it does exist, why would you ask the same/similar question twice? I'm only working with what is in front of us and I've yet to see a compelling explanation and still raises some doubt as I demand the due diligence from Reuters. Because based on the facts that are tangible, he was clearly taken out of context and that is what he had to reaffirm in his blog. So why can't we scrutinize our media sources? They can't make any mistakes ever? Or should we blindly have faith even though they did cast a shadow of doubt? If they had done their due diligence and not have these cracks, we wouldn't be having this discussion right?

As for Chen not demanding a retraction, I already discussed that's it's not out of the realm of possibility that he chose not to fight. Like I said before, until I hear or see from Chen's mouth, I remain skeptical regardless of the history and reputation of Reuters or who else was in attendance. Mistakes can happen on Reuters end too (and may not want to own up).

So what people should be doing isn't so much being "very disappointed in Chen ... for being a poor communicator", they should be wondering why YOU are so dead bent on disparaging Chen in absolute and believing something as fact so easily when there are clearly gaps on how this has played out.

But please continue to put 100% faith into what you think you see or hear in an evolving world that isn't as black and white as things seem. Integrity, objectivity, transparency these days are becoming more and more grey. I would hope any communications strategy person with many years experience can see from multiple points of view and plausibility right?

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    04-12-14 04:04 PM
    Jeez, Chen has not denied the quote, just the context. He screwed up and got burned. Inexperience...
    Maybe Chen is carefully choosing how to fight his battles, even if he has a case against the way Reuters handled this. Why can't this possibility be true? Why jump the gun so quickly? Oh yeah, it's popular to crap on everything BlackBerry, especially by their own fans on a fan site?

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque and clickitykeys like this.
    04-12-14 04:11 PM
    Maybe Chen is carefully choosing how to fight his battles, even if he has a case against the way Reuters handled this. Why can't this possibility be true? Why jump the gun so quickly? Oh yeah, it's popular to crap on everything BlackBerry, especially by their own fans on a fan site?

Posted via CB10
    It's always the same people around these forums.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    clickitykeys, Clanked and Omnitech like this.
    04-12-14 04:19 PM
    [...], people should not be "very disappointed" in Crackberry or in Reuters or in every other media outlet that ran Chen's quote. People should be "very disappointed" in Chen himself for being a really poor communicator.
    Very disappointed in CrackBerry's post yesterday...-double-facepalm.jpg
    I hate to be repetitive, but with the asinine interpretations of Blackberry news in recent times, this is frequently and uncannily accurate.
    04-12-14 04:27 PM
    It's always the same people around these forums.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    And it's always the same Yes-men apologists who don't address failings and errors who have been dragging blackberry down for years. People who glorified Heins before stabbing him in the back.
    I would add that the constructive comment here is for Chen to be properly prepared, briefed and remain on message in future press interviews.
    04-13-14 03:21 AM
    And it's always the same Yes-men apologists who don't address failings and errors who have been dragging blackberry down for years. People who glorified Heins before stabbing him in the back.
    I would add that the constructive comment here is for Chen to be properly prepared, briefed and remain on message in future press interviews.

Very disappointed in CrackBerry's post yesterday...-wat8.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 05:33 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wat8.jpg 
Views:	1464 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	262792

Posted via CB10
    Read it slower, that might help you understand...
    04-13-14 06:41 AM
    Maybe Reuters should release the audio recording of Chen's quote to make up for the fact that they didn't have ESP and didn't have their video cameras ready when Chen made his quote. Of course, if they did that, some people would believe Reuters is in the voice modification business.
    RyanGermann, JeepBB and Clanked like this.
    04-13-14 06:49 AM
    So if I read this thread correctly, there was no word 'exit' in the video spoken by Chen, posted by Reuters?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 07:43 AM
    It's the watering down effect and follow-on effect that set in with the Android app (side)loading...

At least I believe this plays a part.

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    I would say it has nothing to do with Android apps and everything to do with the people who work for CrackBerry now being under the mobile nations banner. They have expanded to cross platform responsibilities (which is strange because the Android guys seem to get to fucus....). None of the people who work for CrackBerry likely carry only a BlackBerry device anymore, and some might not even have one on them now. Even Kevin have dropped the CrackBerry from his twitter handle.

I'm not blaming any of them for this, it is a business, and they must do what they need to maintain relevance and income. Simply pointing out the facts. The number one BlackBerry fan is no longer the founder, just like the founders of BlackBerry likely are their greatest champions either. When passion becomes a business, and the business side is put first, then it is no longer a passion.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    04-13-14 10:14 AM
    Even Kevin have dropped the CrackBerry from his twitter handle.

Posted via CB10
    Noticed that as well and thought it was telling....or the fact the guy not sensing the vibe posted and spent a ridiculous amount of time paying for and flaunting that hideous Gold iphone on this site and imore(gold phone is hideous no matter the brand imho) It was one of those moments you realize that either the guy isn't the same blackberry fan anymore or he has no sense of how his actions reverberate on the original site that made him "web famous".....real disturbing from a fan of this sites perspective.

While obviously you can buy whatever you want and its your right, given what was happening at that time for BlackBerry and the sadness, confusion, and frustration here in the crackberry forums he should have known better.......he lost a lot of fans on this site that week....whether it was fair or not.....I dont think anyone can argue Kev has lost focus(or shifted focus) imho.

While I think its nice to have a new member posting articles in Crackberry, I think its also another example that Kev didnt fully listen.....people were upset of the original teams lack of BlackBerry focus, instead of fixing it themselves they seemingly decided to hire a "fanboy" to give us critical members what we need.....if someone was really listening they would have known that wasn't so much what we wanted but rather Kevin focusing more on the original site that got MN where they are.

While the new guy seems cool, its a little frustrating from my perspective that "just throw them another writer" was the solution to a problem that I think people feel was much deeper.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 11:26 AM
    I think what we saw here yesterday was not substantiated and I am saddened to have read it. I agree with you.
    CrackBerry is almost jumped the shark much as BlackBerry has jumped the shark. The glory days are but a memory lads.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    04-13-14 05:37 PM
    Say it ain't so a chunk in the saviors armor.

Wait what?? He's human??? He makes mistakes?? Not Chen no......it's not possible...

People need to get a grip seriously.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 09:35 AM
    Say it ain't so a chunk in the saviors armor.

Wait what?? He's human??? He makes mistakes?? Not Chen no......it's not possible...

People need to get a grip seriously.

Posted via CB10
    It is impossible... stfu

Lol just kidding. Chen is not a god, but... realistically, if you look at the past it is a better chance that it was media propaganda. So, that us the problem. This may article may be true (doubt it), but the sheer amount of perpetrated lies in the past are the problem

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 07:18 PM
    Funny, when seen in context, Chen's words are actually just common sense: if I can't make money and continue indefinitely, I'm an *****.

Even when taken individually, that LONE phrase can mean two things:
    1. He would stop dealing in handset if he can't make money in handset.
    2. He CAN make money in handset, that's why he's in handset

I find it funny how far people try to bash BlackBerry in by defending Reuters' clear-as-day slander.

They intentionally bait Chen into making a very common sense phrase and uses that to create a headline and propagating the feeling BlackBerry is done, then they send out their agents to defend that headline.

It's as if they're trying to ensure that American-based Apple, Google and Microsoft will be the only ones controlling handset in the world.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2102
    04-14-14 08:28 PM
    ******* need to get it together
    04-15-14 09:08 AM
    I'll just put this here if anyone needed anymore proof.....Kevin just wrote this.

http://m.imore.com/how-apple-could-r...ble-revolution

" ...if Apple did release an expensive iWatch I?d be standing in line to buy one the day it goes on sale."

Posted via CB10
    peter0328 likes this.
    04-15-14 03:28 PM
    I'll just put this here if anyone needed anymore proof.....Kevin just wrote this.

How Apple could release a really expensive iWatch and prime the market for the wearable revolution | iMore

" ...if Apple did release an expensive iWatch I?d be standing in line to buy one the day it goes on sale."

Posted via CB10
    Lol.
    04-15-14 08:31 PM

http://m.imore.com/how-apple-could-r...ble-revolution

Posted via CB10
    Like he said, he's officially a schmuck.

He's not CrackBerry Kevin, he's Mobile Nations Kevin. He's not BlackBerry's #1 fan, or even a true supporter.

Nobody trying to have that title would EVER write that post. A long in-depth piece for a competitor's fan site telling a COMPETITOR how to make tons of money in a new product category.

It's disgusting! I'm honestly appalled and I will no longer support Kevin in any of his endeavors. I've given him the benefit of the doubt countless times. He may have been a BlackBerry fan boy and CrackBerry addict before, but he truly is not anymore.

I would never buy an iPhone, let alone use one more than necessary to just be able to show how much better BlackBerry 10 is to others.

If you are writing articles about another ecosystem, waiting on launch day to buy their devices, giving tips on how a competitor can be more successful, you are no longer a BlackBerry fan. You are no longer CrackBerry's leader.

Kevin needs to resign from his title of editor in chief of CrackBerry. An editor in chief at Mobile Nations should only be using the devices within the brand's ecosystem. They should not be posting positively about a competitor or giving advice on how they can be even more successful. They should NOT be constantly talking about owning and using a competitor's device for anything other than to be educated when discussing features.

Kevin can be in charge of Mobile Nations as a whole, but he no longer fits as CrackBerry's fearless leader. He no longer has the respect of me, or countless others who are TRUE BlackBerry fans.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 11:54 PM
    +1M

Let's face it, Kevin is doing what he needs to to make the most amount of money. It may have started as a fan site and focused solely on BBRY but those days are gone. With less than 1% of the smartphone market how can anyone blame him when this is his bread and butter.

Fully agree he is not longer the #1 fanboy and it would be nice if we could find a suitable replacement.

Every needs to get over with Kevin moving on as it is simply business. However, I agree it is time to find the new #1 BBRY fanboy to lead the crackberry site.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 12:16 AM
    Wow this thread is still going strong.
    04-16-14 12:27 AM
147 ... 23456