i just had a general question about verizon actually for you guys out there..im on my 4th blackberry storm..i used to love this phone but now its just irritating the **** outta me..i wanna go get a new phone but am no where near an upgrade and i dont wanna swap the phone for another storm again..does anyone know if verizon would let someone get a completely different phone at a discouned price or anything if the phone they got is continuously having issues?
    01-04-10 10:57 AM
    I don't know if Verizon will be I know when I had 3 defective Sony Ericsson P990is Orange UK offered me an upgrade and that's how I got my first Blackberry.

Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 11:18 AM
    I can't offer any actual answers, but I would have to imagine that after 4 phones Verizon would be willing to give you something else. You'll probably have to push for it, though.

Over in the Storm2 forum, I have read about a lot of folks having particularly good luck swapping Storms for Storm2s. To go that route, you'll probably have to pay the $179 though.
    01-04-10 11:23 AM
    How long have you had your storm?

You can upgrade at the 2 year discount after 12 months of your contract + $20.00. I have 31 more days till I can upgrade!! Counting down the days..............
    01-04-10 11:27 AM
    Talk to a manager and tell him/her all of the inconveniences you've been through. Hopefully, the lemon law can help you get another phone. Storm 2 perhaps?
    01-04-10 12:21 PM
    My manager at work went through this with her enV, they sent her I think 5 replacements (2 of which fell apart when she took them out of the box). She finally threatened to cancel her account and suddenly they were willing to upgrade her even though she was still a year away from being upgraded
    01-04-10 04:15 PM
    i just had a general question about verizon actually for you guys out there..im on my 4th blackberry storm..i used to love this phone but now its just irritating the **** outta me..i wanna go get a new phone but am no where near an upgrade and i dont wanna swap the phone for another storm again..does anyone know if verizon would let someone get a completely different phone at a discouned price or anythinG if the phone they got is continuously having issues?
    i have been goomg through the same exact thing ! I'm on my third storm in 33 days n I have been fightin Verizon all the way after 3 faulty phones they have to give u a phone of equal value . But since I got my storm online with my new every 2 I only paid 21$ for it so since it was originally only 150$ I need to pay another 30$ to get a curve 2 or pay 50$ to get a tour which I think is completly ridiculous cuz its not my fault the storm sucks . And every one else who paid more is getting a s2 . I'm soooooooo done with this I jus got my third replacement 3 days ago n I jus posted it on craigslist for 150$ obo and I'm gonna add a line n get a ERIS or tour .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 04:31 PM
    Well, I'm on Sprint but I'd like to think there isn't too much difference between carriers as far as business. When I trashed my first phone, they allowed me switch it out for a different model (since they had stopped carrying the one I had in stores) that had been returned by someone else in the 30 day grace period and all I had to do was pay a discounted deductible? I think that's how it went, it's been a few years.

But they were nice enough to not reset my upgrade date. I agree with another poster that said going to the store and expressing the issues you've had with your phone and asking what they can do besides give you another of the same model is a start. Reps will give breaks to keep a customer happy and make a sale.
    01-04-10 06:45 PM
    After THREE replacements, Verizon is suppose to allow you to switch to another model and they are suppose to give you a couple of choices. It will count as your upgrade though. But they are suppose to allow this. Call customer care and they will see on your account that you have gone through 3 replacements separate from the original one you had received. Customer care is better to deal with than store level. I used to sell wireless and even I found CC better than some stores. But if you have a special rapport with an employee in a store, then talk to that person.
    I also have had this happen to me and I was given a new phone. So it does indeed happen. Be nice and polite, You get a lot more by being nice than losing your temper when talking to someone. I am sure you will get the problem resolved. Good luck
    01-04-10 06:52 PM
    After 3 replacements, you can either get the same model but brand new in store, or you may get a comparable model. Its not a model of your choice, but a model comparable to what you already have. So my assumption would be you may be offered a Storm 2 or something to that effect.
    01-04-10 07:50 PM
    Well, I hope that if you go back to a store for your phone problem, you don't get a psycho manager like I got !!!!

But on the serious side, at the worst case, call customer service, explain nicely your problem, and I bet they will work with you to make you happy !!!!

(We went through "9" Pearl Black Berry phones !!! (That is including the 3 original purchased phones for my wife, and 2 sons). The manager was useless, but customer service was worth the call !!!!!!
    01-04-10 08:03 PM
    I went thru 4 storm ones in about a month and a half. after the fifth time i went in and was given ($0) the storm 2. Of course i had to ask for it but they obliged so im happy.
    01-04-10 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD