12-12-08 04:17 PM
112 ... 345
tools
    I've noticed the same problem. If I run BBMaps indoors and no satellites can be located, the next time I run BBMaps I have the exact same problem you have: it never even tries to locate the satellites anymore. I have to do a battery pull and then it works correctly. BBMaps must remember that it couldn't locate the satellites and then no longer try.....what a bug.
    12-10-08 09:21 PM
    Okay well at least them I'm not the only one with this issue. I just wanted to be sure I couldn't just change a setting to fix it. Hopefully this bug will be fixed soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 12:16 PM
    An os 4.8 update will be out within a month or two.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 12:47 PM
    Birdie and Dilbert: I have the same issue. What OS are you guys running? I'm running .77 and thought of trying to upgrade it to see if that fixes the problem. Otherwise, GPS is pretty useless if I always have to do a battery pull before I use it.
    12-12-08 01:08 PM
    I'm running .77 as well.
    12-12-08 01:24 PM
    Actually google maps does work since vzw unlocked the gps option.
    As well as bbmaps works as well.

I have the 8330 curve which I just got about 2 weeks ago and love it.

However bbmaps has an issue with the gps as it seems to not want to update correctly so i actually prefer to use google maps which works GREAT !!!
    12-12-08 01:35 PM
    no google maps uses cell triangulation. BBmaps get actual GPS pin point service....

Google maps at this time does not work...

Have you read the whole thread?
    12-12-08 01:43 PM
    dcantrell: How did you get the GPS to work with Google Maps? You're the first person I've heard of that is claiming this. Are you sure it's not using the cellular tower triangulation? Every time I try to use the GPS with Google Maps, it uses cell tower triangulation and states that it's waiting for the GPS, but never updates my location. Which OS are you running? If I can get GPS with Google Maps, I can forget about my issues with BBMaps. Any feedback is appreciated.
    12-12-08 01:46 PM
    I'm running 4.5.0.97 and Google Maps does NOT successfully use the GPS, it uses the triangulation method.
    12-12-08 02:49 PM
    Dilbert: I thought that was the case, but wasn't sure.

I've also noticed with BBMaps that I can't seem to find anything when I do a local search. I've tried finding my office, which has been here for almost 10 years, and it can never find it. I've tried finding the Midland Theater, located in downtown KC since something like 1957 and it still can't find it.

I was so pysched when VZW unlocked the GPS, now I'm just disappointed in it's uselessness.
    12-12-08 03:39 PM
    Help! I tired it on my curve and it doesn't seem to work. I did change fro 911 to location on. what am i missing?

Thanks!
    12-12-08 03:42 PM
    What OS are you running? It only works with 4.5.0.xxx. Is the GPS Source in BBMaps set to Internal GPS? Are you trying it outside (inside doesn't work so well)?
    12-12-08 04:17 PM
112 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD