LOL! too funny!
    Agreed iPhone won't be a thing of the past. BUT Odin will be doing some major b*tch slapping over the iPhone at release. Odin's display is leaps and bounds ahead of Iphones - already proven. With all the pre release threads, pictures and hands on you can bet your as* that Apple is watching very VERY closely. RIM has also stepped it up big time with their OS and Applications. In 1 year RIM may very well make Apple look ********.
    09-25-09 11:54 AM
    The Pre isn't really a good enough phone anyway. If you think about it, reports are the Pre is doing horrible after initial sales. The only real smartphone competition out there is BB, iPhone, and perhaps Google.
    09-25-09 12:23 PM
    I totally agree with K2RRT. Whistles & bells aren't worth anything if you don't have coverage...which Verizon has the best.

If Verizon did get the iPhone, I would stay with Blackberry devices. They are proven and dependable.

Blackberry. It is not just a word, it is a lifestyle.
    09-25-09 01:21 PM
    Better iPhone than Palm Pre.
    09-25-09 01:39 PM
    Except it's crappy keyboard
    and it feels like its a phone made by mattel.
    i wanted to like that phone, but just felt way too cheap and breakable.
    but the OS was amazing......now, if they could just put that inside my tour i'd be a happy camper!
    09-25-09 02:06 PM
    It's still a 1.0 device. Hopefully Pre 2 does what Storm 2 does but beyond that. Palm shouldn't come out with a 1.5 device, it should come out with 3.
    09-25-09 02:08 PM
    09-25-09 02:22 PM
    no one can't deny the OS in the palm pre is ahead compared to the OS in a BB
    09-26-09 10:37 AM
    It's still a 1.0 device. Hopefully Pre 2 does what Storm 2 does but beyond that. Palm shouldn't come out with a 1.5 device, it should come out with 3.
    To be useful to me it needs to do at least what the original Storm and Tour do: namely provide quad-band GSM/UMTS as well as 1X/EVDO.

My son has a Pre, and it's a very cool phone. I like the OS a lot. And I can type faster and more accurately on the Pre keyboard, as "bad" as it is, than I can on the Storm's touchscreen keyboard.

I don't understand those claiming the phone feels cheap . . . it's a lot more substantial than most cell phones, and a helluva lot lighter than the Storm.
    09-26-09 12:12 PM
    Yup, and there's confirmation from within Verizon, too, that they're still go for Pre in January, per their executive director of media relations...

Verizon Denies Palm Snub, Will Add Pre in January

Is it a perfect device? No...but will it be an interesting new option for the smartphone crowd? Yup.
    09-26-09 12:48 PM
    no one can't deny the OS in the palm pre is ahead compared to the OS in a BB
    I agree. I love the Pre OS. But I like the BB hardware better. I would def be interested to see what Palm will put out in the future with Web OS.
    09-26-09 02:35 PM
    I agree. I love the Pre OS. But I like the BB hardware better. I would def be interested to see what Palm will put out in the future with Web OS.
    This is true but if the pre keeps on the right track it could be a good contender

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 03:06 PM
    This is true but if the pre keeps on the right track it could be a good contender

Yes I agree completely. I have to admit that BB are great at multi-tasking but Web OS makes the multi-tasking look so great. And the UI looks so great. I cannot imagine Web OS on a phone that is as powerful as a iPhone or a Storm 2. Bc I believe that the Pre is not nearly as powerful hardware wise as the iPhone or the Storm but the Web OS on it makes it look so smooth and easy to use. Def interesting to me
    09-26-09 05:05 PM
    Sprint exclusive doesn't last till the end of 2009, and Palm stated that Verizon wasn't one of their partners to carry this device. If Mike Lazardis stated that AT&T won't carry the Storm 2, Verizon stated their exclusive is longer than 6 months, AT&T's statement is the correct statement? Until Palm comes out and say Verizon carrying this device, then everything is BS.

I'm trying to figure out why you're quoting me when I'm stating Verizon should carry this device , and Verizon doesn't lock their devices anymore. Do you understand the way I type? I know what Lowell said, but Sprint and Palm refuted it for now. And Verizon doesn't have control on what is put on a smartphone, and RIM in a year will make Apple look ********? What? I carry more RIM devices than you, and you're more bias than me.
    Yes I was in the hospital hopped up on drugs. Home now. But yes Verizon has stated (CEO infact) that they WERE going to get the Pre. It's a known fact. Sprint was to have it 6 months first. There's a video of a tech conference somewhere on youtube.. I'll have to search for it later.

And as stated in this thread by a few they also knew Verizon was going to get it. CNET also commented on the subject.
    09-26-09 10:14 PM
    The Pre already has a 2.0 device on the way and it is not any better. Still no memory card slot, only 8GB of onboard media memory.

Palm Pixi Phone – Features and Details | Palm USA

Edit.. Then again maybe it isn't a Pre 2.0. Still interestingly ******** though.
    09-26-09 10:15 PM
    Yup, and there's confirmation from within Verizon, too, that they're still go for Pre in January, per their executive director of media relations...

Verizon Denies Palm Snub, Will Add Pre in January

Is it a perfect device? No...but will it be an interesting new option for the smartphone crowd? Yup.
    not to mention the SKU for it is in VZW's inventory
    09-26-09 10:18 PM
    This thread is great! Here are a few bottom lines:

1) Everyone has their own preference of phone styles. Some like the Pre, other like the iPhone, others still like the BlackBerry. Either way, each device has superiorities/inferiorities to the others.

2) VZW is a great company. Sprint, who doesn't offer the same coverage as VZW offers better prices, making them a great company as well.

3) There is no official word on what devices are in the works for VZW, so we'll all just have to wait and see.

All I can say is VERY VERY VERY well put my good poster
    09-26-09 10:30 PM
    The Pre isn't really a good enough phone anyway. If you think about it, reports are the Pre is doing horrible after initial sales. The only real smartphone competition out there is BB, iPhone, and perhaps Google.
    Sources or it didn't happen.
    09-30-09 03:41 AM
    I am not surprised....
    10-04-09 06:54 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD