07-12-13 02:52 PM
    07-12-13 03:24 PM
    good value with Mugen Power 3100 mAh battery. good spare for my Q10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    07-12-13 04:25 PM
    Oh look, still $149 http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...tailed=RIMLBLK

The only reason the sale price in the US is dropping, is because carriers aren't doing enough to push the device, so therefore it's not selling, so they're losing money on holding this stock. They're hoping the price drop entices people to buy buy buy, when really, it won't matter if there is no push from the store employees to get it into peoples hands.
    HerfDurf, stevepar and walt63 like this.
    07-14-13 09:36 AM
    It's $99 at TELUS, oddly enough the Samsung S4's price has actually increased from $199 to $229 after being out since April. Just goes to show how much (or little) demand there is for each phone.

https://mobility.telus.com/en/AB/smartphones/
    Last edited by Hilman76; 07-15-13 at 12:01 AM.
    schmeat likes this.
    07-14-13 11:27 AM
    Go into a Verizon store and ask about Blackberrys, most of the time you get a blank stare and then they guide you over to the only one they have in the store. They know nothing about Blackberry or the system, all they care about is selling another Galaxy III or 4. When I say I don't care about Facebook or watching TV on my cell phone another stare. The kids today are pushing the cell phone sales and they want their videos, Facebook and texting. The fact that I want a phone that works, gets and can send an email, and do some online research means nothing to the young salesperson.

BB niche is the business world and people who use their phones mainly for business with some sideline fun and games. Not the other way around.
    shellnsean likes this.
    07-14-13 11:40 AM

The only reason the sale price in the US is dropping, is because carriers aren't doing enough to push the device, so therefore it's not selling, so they're losing money on holding this stock. They're hoping the price drop entices people to buy buy buy, when really, it won't matter if there is no push from the store employees to get it into peoples hands.
    So BlackBerry has been advertising enough and priced the device properly to begin with? Based on the "shipped" numbers, I know what my opinion is (NO).

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 12:40 PM
    Go into a Verizon store and ask about Blackberrys, most of the time you get a blank stare and then they guide you over to the only one they have in the store. They know nothing about Blackberry or the system, all they care about is selling another Galaxy III or 4. When I say I don't care about Facebook or watching TV on my cell phone another stare. The kids today are pushing the cell phone sales and they want their videos, Facebook and texting. The fact that I want a phone that works, gets and can send an email, and do some online research means nothing to the young salesperson.

BB niche is the business world and people who use their phones mainly for business with some sideline fun and games. Not the other way around.
    Ditto,

Same kind of experience in my local mall VZW store. I told the person I was talking to that I also had the Playbook and then he kept saying your ipad. He did not know about Bridging but did ask what it did and I then had to tell him I I was waiting for VZW to update the Z10 to 10.1 before I will look at purchasing. He went silent and then nothing else for him to say. Looking at the very, very, very, very small area where two BBRY phones sat (Q10 and Z10) with nothing around them in the way of BBRY accessories or even hooked up to any speakers showing how the sound system works. Nothing at all to show the features..... no sales person taking them up at all. I guess VZW is waiting for 10.2 instead????
    07-14-13 12:48 PM
    So BlackBerry has been advertising enough and priced the device properly to begin with? Based on the "shipped" numbers, I know what my opinion is (NO).

Posted via CB10
    The device was priced properly but in the end, it is BlackBerry's responsibility to market the device and they have not done that.
    07-14-13 12:57 PM
    Ditto,

Same kind of experience in my local mall VZW store. I told the person I was talking to that I also had the Playbook and then he kept saying your ipad. He did not know about Bridging but did ask what it did and I then had to tell him I I was waiting for VZW to update the Z10 to 10.1 before I will look at purchasing. He went silent and then nothing else for him to say. Looking at the very, very, very, very small area where two BBRY phones sat (Q10 and Z10) with nothing around them in the way of BBRY accessories or even hooked up to any speakers showing how the sound system works. Nothing at all to show the features..... no sales person taking them up at all. I guess VZW is waiting for 10.2 instead????
    Funny, it is the same her at AT&T, Verizon or Best Buy. T-Mobile seems a bit better at that but not much. It is frustrating and disappointing to see that.

Posted via CB10
    shellnsean likes this.
    07-14-13 01:19 PM
    The device was priced properly but in the end, it is BlackBerry's responsibility to market the device and they have not done that.
    Sorry but from my point of view the Z10 at launch was just not up to the same specs as the HTC One and the S4. There was no WOW feature to justify the extra cost. The ecosystem was very limited at launch and who knows if it will grow much. And the beta Os was almost unusable for some users. And it didn't seem like BBRY cared if the sold devices in the US or not.

Droppings the price at launch would have been seen as BBRY being aggressive and really fighting for the #3 spot. Dropping prices now looks more like desperation...

Posted via CB10
    lnichols, m1a1mg and h20work like this.
    07-14-13 03:18 PM
    Sorry but from my point of view the Z10 at launch was just not up to the same specs as the HTC One and the S4. There was no WOW feature to justify the extra cost. The ecosystem was very limited at launch and who knows if it will grow much. And the beta Os was almost unusable for some users. And it didn't seem like BBRY cared if the sold devices in the US or not.

Droppings the price at launch would have been seen as BBRY being aggressive and really fighting for the #3 spot. Dropping prices now looks more like desperation...

Posted via CB10
    Amen
    h20work and powellcrazy like this.
    07-14-13 06:43 PM
    Having just spent eight days in San Diego, and seen probably 99.9% of the Americans owned iphones, I'm not sure if many are even open to trying something that others don't have. We certainly appear to be more open to choice here in Canada. From what I could tell in a few stores I had time to go into, the staff aren't interested, as they told me the consumers don't ask for a BBRY. Word of mouth might well work far better than any advertising the carriers or BlackBerry do.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 06:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly by the time it released in the US people new bigger and better things were a month away. You don't have to worry about whether or not Android is going to be there in the distant future, but BlackBerry and it's future are not guaranteed. People take things like this into consideration on purchases. BlackBerry's ego still won't let them accept the fact that their name isn't what it used to be.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 06:58 PM
    Exactly by the time it released in the US people new bigger and better things were a month away. You don't have to worry about whether or not Android is going to be there in the distant future, but BlackBerry and it's future are not guaranteed. People take things like this into consideration on purchases. BlackBerry's ego still won't let them accept the fact that their name isn't what it used to be.

Posted via CB10
    They will do the exact same thing when the A10 is released. It will be priced right up with the top tier phones. $499 for the pb at launch... even apple came in lower with the mini ipad
    07-14-13 07:20 PM
    Having just spent eight days in San Diego, and seen probably 99.9% of the Americans owned iphones, I'm not sure if many are even open to trying something that others don't have. We certainly appear to be more open to choice here in Canada.
    If Americans weren't willing to try something that others don't have, how did they get iPhones in the first place? It's not as though the cell phone market was created in 2007.
    richardat and m1a1mg like this.
    07-14-13 07:57 PM
    Having just spent eight days in San Diego, and seen probably 99.9% of the Americans owned iphones, I'm not sure if many are even open to trying something that others don't have. We certainly appear to be more open to choice here in Canada. From what I could tell in a few stores I had time to go into, the staff aren't interested, as they told me the consumers don't ask for a BBRY. Word of mouth might well work far better than any advertising the carriers or BlackBerry do.

Posted via CB10
    Those darn Americans again.....thur probably too stoopid to lurn somethin new!

Enough of the ugly stereotypes. So.....wonder why it's not selling well anywhere else either??

If Americans weren't willing to try something that others don't have, how did they get iPhones in the first place? It's not as though the cell phone market was created in 2007.
    Mysterious indeed. They certainly were willing to try something new when they had their old BB's....sometimes it almost seems as if the pat perfunctory recurring themes that float around the forums don't really make much sense!? ;-)
    Last edited by richardat; 07-14-13 at 09:25 PM.
    h20work likes this.
    07-14-13 09:15 PM

If only it were so simple. They could simply send out a sales directive to push the products, and not have to cut into sales margins....but that's not the root problem(s).
    07-14-13 09:20 PM
    I think it's almost the other way around, Americans are more likely to try something that others don't have or at least, try something new.

Blackberry as a name isn't new though. it's the same thing as if Studebaker reappeared and started marketing a station wagon and wondering why it didn't sell. the name isn't associated with something new and awesome.

and I don't think BlackBerry Messenger ever caught on here in any age bracket the way it has in other markets - the reputation blackberry has is only that of a business tool.
    07-14-13 09:25 PM
    sometimes it almost seems as if the pat perfunctory recurring themes that float around the forums don't really make much sense!? ;-)
    Exactly. This behavior isn't unique to this forum, but it's also not uncommon here.
    richardat likes this.
    07-14-13 09:33 PM
    dont think US carriers will change now images of Aristo are out. probably hasten it. I want to upgrade 9860 to Z10 and put a Mugen 3000 mAh battery on it. had a message come up on Q10- screen too small for video.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    07-15-13 02:12 AM
    The fact that I want a phone that works, gets and can send an email, and do some online research means nothing to the young salesperson.

Hold on there, caveman, get off your high dinosaur for a second and get real. If you think for one minute that I can't do everything -- and a sheet ton more, not to mention better -- on my Note 2 that I could do on BB, e.g., receive and send work email instantaneously and securely, and do blazingly fast online research or what have you -- then you should start selling whatever it is that you're smoking because you'll be a billionaire by the end of the year.

Other platforms have long since been able to give the professional what he or she needs to "get things done." The fact that those other platforms also provide a vastly superior experience to BB in a non-professional context is just gobs of savory and deliciously satisfying icing on the cake.

Enjoy your plain yellow cake.
    07-15-13 06:34 AM
    Hold on there, caveman, get off your high dinosaur for a second and get real. If you think for one minute that I can't do everything -- and a sheet ton more, not to mention better -- on my Note 2 that I could do on BB, e.g., receive and send work email instantaneously and securely, and do blazingly fast online research or what have you -- then you should start selling whatever it is that you're smoking because you'll be a billionaire by the end of the year.

Other platforms have long since been able to give the professional what he or she needs to "get things done." The fact that those other platforms also provide a vastly superior experience to BB in a non-professional context is just gobs of savory and deliciously satisfying icing on the cake.

Enjoy your plain yellow cake.

Think too many here are comparing their personal experience coming to BB10 from BBOS and not to what Android and iOS can and have been doing. Coming from my 9650, my Z10 is a marvel to behold. It has almost made my PlayBook and laptop obsolete (not really, but I use them a lot less). But I know that my 9650 was an outdated piece of technology when it was issued to me, two years later it was an embarrassment. But the fact that the new BB10 devices are so much better than BBOS devices doesn't mean that they are better than the rest of the devices out there.

Right now the devices are pretty much capable of doing the same "stuff" on any platform.... what "most" people are interested in is having a compatible device that can do every their friends device can do - and do it easily. BlackBerry does not offer that!

The launch of BB10 has been just like the launch of the PlayBook... They offered a hardware that was no better than what was out at the time with a not quite reading for prime time OS, almost no aps or ecosystem to support it - but still expect to get a premium for it. (I do think the PlayBook was more powerful than the iPad at the time - but to the average person SIZE did matter when the prices were the same)
    07-15-13 08:05 AM