Been a member here a while and fell off when I dumped my storm 9530 (my first smartphone) for the droid2. I've been really happy with android, no memory issues or random reboots, better browser, more apps, free navigation, etc.

But that being said I still follow RIM and am thinking about buying another BB if BBX is what its being sold as. So my question for the members here is what's hot on deck for big red here in the near future?
    04-14-12 10:22 PM
    The short answer is that you shouldn't expect anything new until near the end of the year. Keep in mind that Verizon has also made it clear that they will only accept new devices that are LTE capable. Throw in the very thin margins on smart phones, and the fact that RIM gets a cut, and I would expect you will not see a full line of new Blackberries unless they come with very little discount (i.e., VZW subsidizing). Far more likely there will only be one or two models, and only after VZW has crippled the features they don't like.
    04-14-12 11:22 PM
    If I buy a phone outright,it is mine and all features should be available.if I wanna use my phone as my g/f that would be my right as the owner of the phone,all features should be unlocked when we buy phones.and NO my bb isn't my g/f lol.
    04-15-12 02:54 AM
    If I buy a phone outright,it is mine and all features should be available.if I wanna use my phone as my g/f that would be my right as the owner of the phone,all features should be unlocked when we buy phones.and NO my bb isn't my g/f lol.
    When we buy a carrier subsidized phone, we are paying for the device over time in our bill. That sucks for those who buy the device outright because their service costs basically the same as ours. They get screwed because they are partially paying the cost of our devices.

Let's draw an analogy with cars and roads:

Right now, we all own the roads. We buy the car and buy gasoline from where ever we want.

Wireless phones:

We all own the spectrum, but we allow companies to control part of it. We buy the phone at a discounted price but we agree to only use one companies spectrum for 2 years (in the USA). And, we are now being asked to buy only fixed amounts of bandwidth.

We can use other companies spectrum at a high price (roaming). And, we can go over our bandwidth but we must pay a high price for more.

Image that was how the roads and cars worked:

You buy a car at a discount but you can only use certain roads (without paying a steep price to use some other companies road [roaming]). And you agree to only use a fixed amount of gasoline (without paying a very high price for more go juice).

Someday we may be free to use a mobile device like a car; The spectrum is open to all (although tolls are likely as government is always after our money). We buy the device we want and we buy bandwidth at the price and service level we want. Don't know about you, but I like freedom to choose.
    04-15-12 06:23 AM
    OP, we'll know more after BlackBerry World in May. Developers are getting BB10 betas

Consumers will see LTE BB10 phones a few months later
    04-15-12 06:42 AM
    Wait until the fall. Then you'll be able to chose between new devices with BB10, Windows Phone 8, iPhone 5(iOS 6), and Jellybean(android 5)
    04-15-12 08:05 AM
    I traded my D2 for a 9850 and have been happy. Its delivers on what the Storm promised. You can likely grab one without using your upgrade.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-15-12 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD