Hey everyone, I'm sorry for posting this here I just had no other ideas on where to post it. I recently got a droid for Christmas. I am currently on my 4th one, and I am just tired of exchanging them. I like the apps and all but I just want a reliable, good device. However, I happen to be past my 30-day Verizon return period and I don't know what to do. I want a blackberry bold.

I have spent over an hour tonight arguing with Verizon and I just don't know what to do... They said "they cannot break their warranty contract blah blah blah". But in my opinion, it's just not right to sell customers a lemon device and expect them to use it. I am not going to pay $30 a month for a non-working phone.

Well anyway, sorry for all the ranting and raving, but I was just wondering if any of you had any tips on how to somehow get over this hump and persuade Verizon to let me break this little warranty agreement. It's not like I want a more expensive phone, Blackberrys are $80 less than my droid. Has anyone been in a similar situation to myself? If so, what did you do?

Does anyone have the numbers of some Verizon CS reps that they recommend that are very nice and good with situations like this? Please any help would be greatly appreciated!
    02-15-11 11:13 PM
    1.) sell or trade the Droid here in the buy/sell/trade forum.
    2.) acquire a blackberry of your choice from the same place or from verizon
    3.) get a BIS data plan
    4.) profit

i mean, it isnt rocket science. sell the one you have and use the money to buy a blackberry.
    02-15-11 11:23 PM
    But I don't like buying phones and stuff off of ebay because I feel like someone would rip me off
    02-15-11 11:32 PM
    But I don't like buying phones and stuff off of ebay because I feel like someone would rip me off
    thats why i said to buy it off of the crackberry buy/sell/trade forum. ive bought many phones from people on here. just search and choose your sellers wisely. most of the people here are good honest BB users and ive never had a bad experience.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/
    02-15-11 11:36 PM
    Buy from a reputable seller with 100% positive feedback, and use Paypal.
    Just be smart about it.
    You'll be fine.
    02-15-11 11:37 PM
    I just sold a Droid X on Craigslist for good money. It takes a little effort, but you can do it. You say you have an OG Droid? Also, what is the problem? Is it hardware related? If so, you may have probs selling it.
    02-15-11 11:39 PM
    Okay that sounds terrific and all but would I lose my 1 year warranty plan that comes with the phone.. etc?

And no its a droid pro. And it has software issues and I have a brand new one never opened replacement but I'm just tired of android
    02-15-11 11:39 PM
    And no its a droid pro. And it has software issues and I have a brand new one never opened replacement but I'm just tired of android
    Have you tried updating the software with the new OTA update? Ive not had one problem with my Pro in the last month I've had it. If you still want a BB then like everyone is saying sell your Pro on craigslist and use that money for the new BB.
    02-15-11 11:45 PM
    Yup tried everything. Called CS and yeah... And alright. Do you guys really think verizon won't allow a trade-in?
    02-15-11 11:46 PM
    Okay that sounds terrific and all but would I lose my 1 year warranty plan that comes with the phone.. etc?

the one year manufacturers warranty goes with the the phone usually. so then the next person will have its warranty. just buy a newer model phone that still has a warranty on it. if you are so worried, buy insurance. it never bothers me since i usually do my own repairs and replacements on all the devices i buy....new or used.
    02-16-11 12:04 AM
    Sell your android device on eBay, then buy a blackberry bold off eBay. Works good most the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-11 01:27 AM
    Verizon never backs down from their policies. The only thing Verizon will do for you is keep exchanging your Droid for a different one. Youy only option is the e-bay or the trading section of this forum. And no, the phones you get this way will not have a warranty.
    02-16-11 08:01 AM

How do you know that this one has software problems if you haven't even opened the box?

If you don't like the phone, that's fine, but that isn't Verizon's fault. Just do like the others have suggested and sell the droid and then buy what you want outright.

02-16-11 09:34 AM
    I would just Craigslist it and buy a new one. Not that hard man. Least you alleviate the issue with not trusting people on a forum, granted most peeps are honest on here, still always that chance...and Paypal doesn't always favor your way, even if you have proof. Ask me how I know....

02-16-11 03:38 PM
    I had an LG Versa that gave me nothing but problems. I replced it 4 times. Don't back down, I complained so much they finally agreed it was junk and let me get a new phone early, with no early updrade fee. I got my Bold and I've never been happier. Just remember, they don't want anyone leaving the "family" so.....kick, yell, bite and scream till you get your way. oh, and go into the store for this, the people in the stores always seem more willing than the people on the phone, that and they don't want an unhappy customer sceen. Good luck.

02-17-11 06:43 AM
    I've gotten 2 devices here on CB Marketplace, with fantastic results. CL is sketchy.
    02-17-11 07:02 AM
    Craigslist can be sketchy. In my experience, eBay is worse as far as sketchy goes. I really try to avoid it. If you are looking for a BB, this is the place to find one. You might be able to trade here as well, as a lot of people are looking to move to Android.
    02-17-11 11:17 AM
    Craigslist is ok if you're looking for a Hooker.

02-17-11 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD