Saw this on the national last night, here is the story from CBC.

Verizon takes aim at telecom Big 3 with possible Wind Mobile bid - Business - CBC News

This could really stir the competition and force them to lower their prices!
    06-27-13 11:29 AM
    Saw this on the national last night, here is the story from CBC.

Verizon takes aim at telecom Big 3 with possible Wind Mobile bid - Business - CBC News

This could really stir the competition and force them to lower their prices!
    One can hope. Canada is one of the worst when it comes to cellular plans. On the downside, Blackberry 10 users on Verizon Canada will have to wait forever for OS updates...
    theRock1975 likes this.
    06-27-13 02:19 PM
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/stor...-decision.html

Not sure if Verizon will make much of an impact. Time will tell

BlackBerry Z10- I use it for a phone and a computer
    06-27-13 09:14 PM
    I'd love for this to happen since I travel to Canada regularly and get frickin nailed with roaming charges. If Verizon gets a truly North American presence, they will probably offer a US/Canada plan that won't empty my wallet after I travel up there. Right now, it sucks big time.
    06-27-13 09:58 PM
    Well Verizon could offer the same price to Canadian for roaming in the US as they charge their American clients to roam in Canada.

What you have to keep in mind, if I bought a Z10 from Verizon USA with the same features and data plan as I have on my VMC device and used the Verizon device in Canada my monthly bill would still be cheaper than my VMC bill!
    06-28-13 06:40 AM
    I'd love for this to happen since I travel to Canada regularly and get frickin nailed with roaming charges. If Verizon gets a truly North American presence, they will probably offer a US/Canada plan that won't empty my wallet after I travel up there. Right now, it sucks big time.
    Wind has the worst coverage of all the Canadian carriers, except maybe the tiniest regional ones. There's no coverage at all in Montreal or Quebec, it's spotty in Ottawa but generally decent in the GTA.
    06-28-13 10:03 AM
    Wind has the worst coverage of all the Canadian carriers, except maybe the tiniest regional ones. There's no coverage at all in Montreal or Quebec, it's spotty in Ottawa but generally decent in the GTA.

Yeah no **** eh? The big three had 30 years to build up their coverage. They'll never have coverage in quebec either because quebecor bought all the aws spectrum there.
    06-28-13 10:15 AM