Ya...people are ashamed of their blackberries yet they still use them? LOL stupid article which was blasted by everyone as being stupid and childish. The fact is WP7 was a total flop and everyone including MS knows it. I know you hate when i say i have yet to see ONE PERSON....NOT ONE SINGLE person....NOT ONE who is using a WP is just the truth. I have asked people to see if they have seen a WP and more then half the time it was WHAT IS A WP or NO I have not seen or know anyone with a WP? I am not even joking and you MS employees/10 fans know this to be true. In case you are lost this is CB and if you and your hand full of fans want to talk about a phone no one uses or likes that is fine by me but DO IT IN (WINDOW PHONE) .
    I'm not sure I understand what you've been telling us for your last 5 posts. Are you saying you haven't seen one person with a WP?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    10-21-12 02:27 PM
    Ya...people are ashamed of their blackberries yet they still use them? LOL stupid article which was blasted by everyone as being stupid and childish. The fact is WP7 was a total flop and everyone including MS knows it. I know you hate when i say i have yet to see ONE PERSON....NOT ONE SINGLE person....NOT ONE who is using a WP is just the truth. I have asked people to see if they have seen a WP and more then half the time it was WHAT IS A WP or NO I have not seen or know anyone with a WP? I am not even joking and you MS employees/10 fans know this to be true. In case you are lost this is CB and if you and your hand full of fans want to talk about a phone no one uses or likes that is fine by me but DO IT IN (WINDOW PHONE) .
    I have not seen a lot of Windows Phones. However, I spotted 3 Windows Phones at a job fair back in July.

I also spotted a vendor from a roofing company at the county fair back in August who had a Windows Phone.

None of these folks worked for Microsoft.
    10-21-12 02:34 PM
    I have not seen a lot of Windows Phones. However, I spotted 3 Windows Phones at a job fair back in July.

I also spotted a vendor from a roofing company at the county fair back in August who had a Windows Phone.

None of these folks worked for Microsoft.
    Too be honest, I have yet to see a Windows phone of any kind in the wild myself. Obviously they're out there, I just haven't seen one. I wish I did, because I'd really like to get an in-person impression and demo from someone who actually uses one.

I had a horrible experience with a WinMo phone years back, so an MS mobile device isn't high on my list of preferences (although at this point, WP would still be high above android). But I won't write off WP8, because you just never know what's going to come along at just the right time and surprise everybody by gaining wide acceptance.

Windows 8 on the desktop, now that's a different story.... I have no idea where they're going with that.
    Laura Knotek and sf49ers like this.
    10-21-12 03:02 PM
    Too be honest, I have yet to see a Windows phone of any kind in the wild myself. Obviously they're out there, I just haven't seen one. I wish I did, because I'd really like to get an in-person impression and demo from someone who actually uses one.
    It is the same case with me and the Playbook. I've yet to see one in the wild; however, I won't say nobody uses it.

I had a horrible experience with a WinMo phone years back, so an MS mobile device isn't high on my list of preferences (although at this point, WP would still be high above android). But I won't write off WP8, because you just never know what's going to come along at just the right time and surprise everybody by gaining wide acceptance.

Windows 8 on the desktop, now that's a different story.... I have no idea where they're going with that.
    My plan is to keep Win7 on my current laptop and get a Surface Pro when it is released next year.
    Last edited by lak611; 10-21-12 at 03:23 PM. Reason: grammar
    10-21-12 03:08 PM
    I have seen one (yes, literally one) person use a windows phone in the last year.
    WP7 was a flop. Fact.
    I'm really hoping WP8 does well. I think we will all be better off with 4 competing platforms.
    10-21-12 03:59 PM
    well. I do know my friend who works at a Verizon store. is starting training soon for Wp8. and Verizon is dead serious about it.
    10-21-12 04:06 PM
    It seems 3 of the four major carrier's are going to put out an aggresive push for the holiday season. ATT is even carrying windows rt tablets.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    10-21-12 06:09 PM

Nokia sold 600,000 smartphones in North America the quarter prior and 300,000 last quarter, those numbers also include Symbian smartphones. With that kind of numbers you will have a better probability of finding someone carrying a Playbook than a Windows Phone here in the NA.
    10-21-12 07:11 PM
    I don't want to spend a single second talking about isore but some here want to post isore news . Those threads should be removed much like this thread which has NOTHING TO DO WITH BLACKBERRY. You WP dreamers can dream all you like but do it on you WP site .... Like i said i have yet to see ONE PERSON using WP7...NOT ONE....NOT A SINGLE PERSON. I even started asking people if they have seen a windows phone and the answer is either NO or what is a WP?
    I do a smartphone survey everyday while travelling to work. I see college students, teenagers, old people, younger urban professionals... I would say that I see roughly 200 people with smartphones everyday and I have only seen one WP7 in the wild, once. One! Nobody cares about Windows Phone here and the people that did got screwed because they can't upgrade to WP8! Nice job catering to the real fans, MS. What's worse is that there's a Microsoft Center nearby the bus stop so it must have been an employee. He was probably forced to use it or got it free lol!
    10-21-12 07:17 PM
    I do a smartphone survey everyday while travelling to work. I see college students, teenagers, old people, younger urban professionals... I would say that I see roughly 200 people with smartphones everyday and I have only seen one WP7 in the wild, once. One! Nobody cares about Windows Phone here and the people that did got screwed because they can't upgrade to WP8! Nice job catering to the real fans, MS. What's worse is that there's a Microsoft Center nearby the bus stop so it must have been an employee. He was probably forced to use it or got it free lol!
    So...do you feel you got screwed because you cannot update your 9900 to BB10?
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-22-12 01:22 AM
    So...do you feel you got screwed because you cannot update your 9900 to BB10?
    I should hope not! It was well-known that BBOS 7 phones would not be compatable with BB10

A good number of users skipped on the 9900 for that very reason, opting to save their upgrade so that they could jump on the first BB10 handsets without 'breaking the bank'.
    10-22-12 02:34 AM
    MS is the one who changes OS like underwear . It's going to be different with WP8.....lol We all heard that story before with our windows OS

10-22-12 10:18 AM
    Yeah I am glad they are going for full integration between desktop and mobile OS. But metro on the desktop?! What in the world. I don't have a touch screen monitor so... I really think windows 8 makes for a great touch device OS from all the things I have seen (still refuse to put it on my computer even though I could get it free). I keep getting emails about upgrading to windows 8. It seems cheaper than previous versions of windows. Which also has me worried.
    10-22-12 10:47 AM
    Metro works fine with no touch screen. I don't like it and ignore it after one click but there is no reason you have to have a touch screen.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-22-12 11:43 AM
    MS is the one who changes OS like underwear . It's going to be different with WP8.....lol We all heard that story before with our windows OS

Desktop Windows changes less than any other desktop OS. Apple updates OS X every year now. It didn't take long for Lion to be replaced by Mountain Lion.

Most Linux distros release new versions every 6-8 months.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-22-12 11:48 AM
    I should hope not! It was well-known that BBOS 7 phones would not be compatable with BB10

A good number of users skipped on the 9900 for that very reason, opting to save their upgrade so that they could jump on the first BB10 handsets without 'breaking the bank'.
    Wrong. It was not a known fact at launch that BBOS7 devices would not get the next generation OS.
    10-29-12 01:49 AM

From Windows Mobile to Windows Phone...where's the rapid OS change you're babbling about?

If your grouse is with the changes from WP7.5 to WP8, may I remind you that not only can BB6 devices NEVER run BBOS7, OS7 devices will not get BB10. So RIM has TWICE done what you're sneering at MS for doing ONCE.
    notfanboy likes this.
    10-29-12 01:56 AM
67 123