My Z10 pre-order is going to be at my house at 3pm, good thing its the wife's work from home day.

Anyway, anyone got some word on Verizon w/ how they are marketing the Z?
    Last edited by undone; 03-28-13 at 09:42 AM. Reason: stupid typo
    03-28-13 09:29 AM
    I walked out with Chapstick and a holster.
    I know they're out of fashion, but I love the sleep mode.
    Hopefully my battery will last longer.

Verizon launch today anyone got any news?-img_00000018_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 04:06 PM
    The nails are nice as well!!
    03-28-13 07:38 PM
    Got mine in the mail from preorder!! Woot woot

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    03-28-13 07:46 PM
    The nails are nice as well!!
    Thanks!!!! I go get my mani/pedi tomorrow....girly girl....
    03-28-13 07:51 PM
    Dang I have to go to a store to get a new sim card

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    03-28-13 08:26 PM
    Remember when the slow AT&T release was followed by "Wait for the Verizon release." statements? Kind of got overshadowed by the earnings release. But Verizon still has it on the first splash page of its website. I've been at work and haven't had a chance to walk by a Verizon store, so I don't know if they have any signs. But certainly we are getting less updates from Crackberries.
    03-28-13 08:43 PM
    All I know is that sales of my apps to T-Mobile customers have shot up in the past 2-3 days, and starting today there's suddenly a bunch of Verizon customers showing up.

Looks to me like the US sales situation just got a lot healthier. Suck on that, AT&T. ;-)
    03-28-13 10:00 PM
    i bought my Z10 today at AT&T! and i was able to convert my girlfriend back to a Z10 at Verizon (she had an android). She told me when she was at the store there a couple asking about the Z10. hopefully they bought one too!
    Acumenight likes this.
    03-28-13 10:15 PM
    When I went to go pick up my sim card, I saw another guy buying the phone at the counter. However when I asked the guy working the front of the store, he told me that they were not selling many of them.

On a positive note, there were a few signs on the floor for z10 at the front of the store.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 11:15 PM
    Peter can you expand on that? Say X downloads for AT&T release and now 2x?
    03-29-13 12:04 AM
    Peter can you expand on that? Say X downloads for AT&T release and now 2x?
    Here's some very preliminary info, showing relative sales per day for the 3 carriers, and all combined (United States) from March 19 till right now. I wouldn't attempt to draw many conclusions from it because of several key reasons.

1. Weekend sales are often higher, thus the bump 6-7 days ago. Another one should be coming. Or not.
    2. Today is partial data only, so for example T-Mobile (yellow) is not necessarily dropping suddenly. Or maybe it is.
    3. Verizon has only a single full day (day 10) plus part of today. Unlike the other carriers where prior to launch people registered phones purchased elsewhere, on Verizon there were NO BB10 phones on their network prior to yesterday so their launch won't be as spread out.
    4. My sales numbers are not so high that they're completely immune to random fluctuations. Humans see patterns where there are none, so don't read into the data more than it can tell you. That's part of why I left the Y axis unlabelled.

In any case, for what it's worth (which is basically just the blue line US shooting up, and maybe the hint that Verizon will quickly pass T-Mobile by a lot), I present:
    Verizon launch today anyone got any news?-ussales20130329.png
    a1s2d3f4g5 likes this.
    03-29-13 10:20 AM
    Here's some very preliminary info, showing relative sales per day for the 3 carriers, and all combined (United States) from March 19 till right now. I wouldn't attempt to draw many conclusions from it because of several key reasons.

1. Weekend sales are often higher, thus the bump 6-7 days ago. Another one should be coming. Or not.
    2. Today is partial data only, so for example T-Mobile (yellow) is not necessarily dropping suddenly. Or maybe it is.
    3. Verizon has only a single full day (day 10) plus part of today. Unlike the other carriers where prior to launch people registered phones purchased elsewhere, on Verizon there were NO BB10 phones on their network prior to yesterday so their launch won't be as spread out.
    4. My sales numbers are not so high that they're completely immune to random fluctuations. Humans see patterns where there are none, so don't read into the data more than it can tell you. That's part of why I left the Y axis unlabelled.

In any case, for what it's worth (which is basically just the blue line US shooting up, and maybe the hint that Verizon will quickly pass T-Mobile by a lot), I present:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ussales20130329.png 
Views:	784 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	145009
    Peter,
    Can you only view these charts for sales? or downloads? sorry to hijack the thread but how can I get a detailed graph like this, all I can see is the number of downloads total.
    03-29-13 11:34 AM
    Can you only view these charts for sales? or downloads? sorry to hijack the thread but how can I get a detailed graph like this, all I can see is the number of downloads total.
    If it's a free app, you can see downloads only. For paid apps you can see downloads or purchases. Unfortunately downloads includes re-downloads for people who uninstalled/reinstalled, got an update, etc, whereas purchases are a one-time thing. For both purchases and downloads, you can either use the vendor portal feature to generate the graph for you or, as I did, you can generate a report and download that as a CSV file, then process it offline and/or in a spreadsheet program.

For this particular one, I used a crude Python script to do some basic processing of the data and generate new CSV output, then just plotted that in LibreOffice. (The blue oval and note were added using Windows Paint ... very crude tools I've got here.)

By the way, today's total is now nicely above the previous peak at day 5 on the graph, though I haven't checked how much of that Verizon alone is contributing. It's definitely due to good US sales of the phone, however.
    Acumenight likes this.
    03-29-13 02:54 PM
    Picked up a black one on the morning of the 28th around 11am.
    Store was fairly busy. East side Madison WI.
    First one to purchase one as the PC to transfer contacts had not been updated yet.
    Saw two people look at the demo Z10. Black. Had a white non-working demo next to the back one.
    No Z10/BB10/Blackberry signage anywhere.
    No special display. Was a nice display, but along the wall with the rest of phones and pads..
    Sales person did not try to sell me any other brand then the one I wanted.
    Seemed to know some about the phone.

So far so good. Verizon needs to cough up the OS update ASAP.

Tim
    03-29-13 07:50 PM
    Here's an updated graph with data identical to the above but including all of today (since the vendor portal reports are based on UTC, not EST, so "today" is now over).

Verizon launch today anyone got any news?-ussales20130329.png

To put it in some context, here's the US relative to Canada and the UK today. Congrats, Americans! You kicked Canada's a** today! ;-)

Verizon launch today anyone got any news?-worldsales20130329.png
    Last edited by peter9477; 03-29-13 at 08:33 PM. Reason: fix graph
    03-29-13 08:30 PM
    Tried to buy a black one from Verizon today and both stores in town were sold out. Could mean nothing since they are both smaller stores but they are selling more than they thought at least. Off to a big corporate store tomorrow with higher hopes.
    missing_K-W likes this.
    03-29-13 09:21 PM
    If it's a free app, you can see downloads only. For paid apps you can see downloads or purchases. Unfortunately downloads includes re-downloads for people who uninstalled/reinstalled, got an update, etc, whereas purchases are a one-time thing. For both purchases and downloads, you can either use the vendor portal feature to generate the graph for you or, as I did, you can generate a report and download that as a CSV file, then process it offline and/or in a spreadsheet program.

For this particular one, I used a crude Python script to do some basic processing of the data and generate new CSV output, then just plotted that in LibreOffice. (The blue oval and note were added using Windows Paint ... very crude tools I've got here.)

By the way, today's total is now nicely above the previous peak at day 5 on the graph, though I haven't checked how much of that Verizon alone is contributing. It's definitely due to good US sales of the phone, however.
    I love how Peter added the part I highlighted may your BB10 ventures be most profitable brother
    peter9477 likes this.
    03-30-13 11:31 AM
    Here's an updated graph with data identical to the above but including all of today (since the vendor portal reports are based on UTC, not EST, so "today" is now over).

Name:	ussales20130329.png 
Views:	426 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	145208

To put it in some context, here's the US relative to Canada and the UK today. Congrats, Americans! You kicked Canada's a** today! ;-)

Name:	worldsales20130329.png 
Views:	426 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	145217
    Is there a scale you can add to the y-axis?
    03-30-13 11:40 AM
    Peter not sure if I'm jealous of your US sales or just following you around to debunk your stats... but I am getting no love from the US:

I hope my US sales start to pick up because if they reach the levels of UK/Canada, I will be a happy camper

NOTE: These stats come from Visual Connection, 3rd top paid game in BlackBerry World at the time of this writing.
    03-30-13 12:08 PM
    Peter not sure if I'm jealous of your US sales or just following you around to debunk your stats... but I am getting no love from the US:
    Heh heh :-) I don't think you should worry, as I believe Battery Guru is fairly likely to be one of the first apps someone installs, at least amongst those who know about it. This might also be because they had it previously on the PlayBook. That demographic seems a bit more likely to be early adopters of the Z10 as well.

Either way, I suspect my sales track the overall phone sales better (or at least faster) than many apps right now. For what it's worth, my other two paid BB10 apps don't show the same effect from US sales, although their numbers are also a lot lower.
    03-30-13 02:24 PM
    Is there a scale you can add to the y-axis?
    Nope, sorry. :-) That really wouldn't add anything except to show exactly how well Battery Guru itself is selling. I'll just say it's doing well enough to provide motivation for me to continue BB10 development (on it and newer apps), and not so well as to let me abandon other sources of income just yet.
    robtanz likes this.
    03-30-13 02:28 PM
    Peter, thanks so much for sharing these stats. Do you have an update on how app downloads are going in the US since the last graph you posted?
    04-13-13 11:41 AM
    Here's more of my stats of the US still doing terrible on sales. These are percentages. To give you a rough idea if my sales for Visual Connection stayed this way all year I could live off it.

David Fu and peter9477 like this.
    04-13-13 07:41 PM
    Peter, thanks so much for sharing these stats. Do you have an update on how app downloads are going in the US since the last graph you posted?
    I'll try to post something shortly. After this weekend I'll have a full week of data since the initial surge wore off.

My numbers are certainly different from Brian's, since the US numbers are relatively high, but they definitely dropped off since the graphs I posted above (as one would expect, to some extent). I think US is still doing well above Canada for me, however.

The weird thing is that if you took Brian's graph and reversed it so the blue line were US, and the green line UK, that wouldn't be very far off mine...
    04-14-13 08:59 AM