So, I am at the Verizon store today trying to find out why they upgraded my plan without my consent!!! Then I asked why they did not have a "working" display for the Q10 and the Z10. (As we all know they usually only have the display that belongs at The Wall-Mart) Anyways, the employee went looking for the Q10 so I could show my father. After 6 minutes this employee had to get a manager to assist her in finding the device. 10 minutes pass and she tells us if we know anything about Blackberry? How they are going under - stock rising and deal with Ford! Then tries to tell us that the Q10 has a short battery life!!! I pulled up third party sources explaining how the new Blackberries have an amazing review in terms of battery life. Then my dad asks about the Z30, she says I haven't sold any. That is not the question my dad asked. He said "Do you KNOW anything about the Z30?" Not, has anyone bought them. Maybe if she did some research and actually understood the Blackberry devices she would sell more.

I know this may sound like a blast beat of anger, I just cannot get over how everyone is trying to destroy this company!!!! Fox news reported about how great Blackberry is starting to do on the stock market and how they will never ever leave the company and the devices. If anyone else has any similar complaints please comment so I know I am not alone. Also, educate me more so that I can continue to spread the word of the company that started the smartphone trend in '99. Hell, Wired magazine even knows where this all started. Mush Love and respect!!!

~It may say newbie but have been BB til I die since 7250
    02-27-14 10:02 AM
    Please order from online! BlackBerry is having hard time dealing with carrier's stores.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    02-27-14 10:05 AM
    I don't think its a question of anyone trying to destroy a company. Sales reps are usually not very knowledgable anyway when it comes to the phones they sell, and they aren't going to be knowledgable on line of phones that they aren't selling.
    propeller10 and southlander like this.
    02-27-14 10:22 AM
    Please order from online! BlackBerry is having hard time dealing with carrier's stores.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately this isn't an option for Verizon users unless they want to order a used device. Even on BlackBerry's website, clicking on the carrier for the device you want to purchase will take you to Verizon's website. And if a Verizon customer wants a used Z30, there is a total of 4 Verizon Z30s on eBay right now. All of which are auctions (no Buy it Now or Best Offer) and currently at prices between $355-$400, recent completed listings (in decent condition) are all over $400. Not much savings vs. buying new from a reliable source.

I will say that ordering my Z30 through my local Verizon store wasn't too bad, I mean they didn't know much about the Z30 and there wasn't one in a store in a 500 mile radius, but the salesperson seemed genuinely interested in why I was handing over nearly $600 cash for a device that has (in their store) had terrible sales.
    stlabrat likes this.
    02-27-14 10:54 AM
    Thank goodness BlackBerry did this exclusive deal with Verizon! It sounds like it's really paying off.

Meanwhile, I have cash in hand waiting to buy a Z30 as soon as it becomes available on AT&T. If ever, at this point.
    kbz1960 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    02-27-14 11:02 AM
    I don't think its a question of anyone trying to destroy a company. Sales reps are usually not very knowledgable anyway when it comes to the phones they sell, and they aren't going to be knowledgable on line of phones that they aren't selling.
    +1

These are sub minimum wage folks who work on commissions.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-27-14 11:03 AM
    I don't think its a question of anyone trying to destroy a company.
    Oh, I have to disagree. I worked in PR long enough to know a big-money campaign when I see one. Someone has been trying to destroy BlackBerry for at least three years. That much is extremely clear, at least to me.

The ignorant sales clerks are just a bonus created by what's known in the industry as a "echo chamber effect."
    02-27-14 11:09 AM
    So, I am at the Verizon store today trying to find out why they upgraded my plan without my consent!!! Then I asked why they did not have a "working" display for the Q10 and the Z10. (As we all know they usually only have the display that belongs at The Wall-Mart) Anyways, the employee went looking for the Q10 so I could show my father. After 6 minutes this employee had to get a manager to assist her in finding the device. 10 minutes pass and she tells us if we know anything about Blackberry? How they are going under - stock rising and deal with Ford! Then tries to tell us that the Q10 has a short battery life!!! I pulled up third party sources explaining how the new Blackberries have an amazing review in terms of battery life. Then my dad asks about the Z30, she says I haven't sold any. That is not the question my dad asked. He said "Do you KNOW anything about the Z30?" Not, has anyone bought them. Maybe if she did some research and actually understood the Blackberry devices she would sell more.

I know this may sound like a blast beat of anger, I just cannot get over how everyone is trying to destroy this company!!!! Fox news reported about how great Blackberry is starting to do on the stock market and how they will never ever leave the company and the devices. If anyone else has any similar complaints please comment so I know I am not alone. Also, educate me more so that I can continue to spread the word of the company that started the smartphone trend in '99. Hell, Wired magazine even knows where this all started. Mush Love and respect!!!

I have an experience like this in Sunday at 3 mobile in the UK. The assistant told me. That they don't sell BlackBerry smartphones before they have stopped trading and have sold the company off in parts. 3 UK have denied this and sent word to the store, supposedly to correct the staff. It's basically everywhere

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 11:13 AM
    I ordered my z30 from Verizon and it went smoothly. The store did have one on display however they said they never had sold one. The sale represent didn't know anything about it and neither did his partner however the we're both really nice and eager to help. What was kinda a surprise there manager came back from lunch and he carried the z30. He is from India and told me and the two represent that it is the best phone on the market. I agree with above ebay is so close to new price I would order a new one. I'm currently using my 30 on AT&T and get along fantastic. I've travel from Southern Texas to mid Colorado and all of Kansas and Missouri and it holds 4G 99% of the time. Only get LTE once in awhile. The 4G is really pretty fast. Best phone I've ever owned by miles. Came from a z10 and love it.

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.1925
    Skyforever and lynxs_claw like this.
    02-27-14 11:18 AM
    I just ordered my Z30 through Verizon Edge on a limited time upgrade offer. I signed a 2 year deal (less that 1 year into my current now void deal) to pay $20.90 a month for the phone and receive a $10 per month statement credit because of being on the More Everything plan. So I got my phone for $261 (total after 24 months of paying) brand new from Verizon with only $20 up front cost and no activation fee. Way better deal than buying a used one on eBay
    Last edited by green_ember; 02-27-14 at 11:22 AM. Reason: poor punctuation
    02-27-14 11:20 AM
    Oh, I have to disagree. I worked in PR long enough to know a big-money campaign when I see one. Someone has been trying to destroy BlackBerry for at least three years. That much is extremely clear, at least to me.

The ignorant sales clerks are just a bonus created by what's known in the industry as a "echo chamber effect."
    I think you are wrong. People haven't purchased BB10 for several reasons, and a smear campaign isn't one of them.
    Rello, bbq10l, TgeekB and 1 others like this.
    02-27-14 11:21 AM
    How much money is "big" money? Five million? Fifty million? Five hundred million?
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-27-14 11:32 AM
    I don’t think there is a conspiracy to kill Blackberry. It just isn't an efficient use of time to research and learn about a phone she might sell one of when she could be learning about the differences between the iPhone 5s and 5c, which she could sell hundreds of.
    21stNow and valleyag like this.
    02-27-14 12:01 PM
    How much money is "big" money? Five million? Fifty million? Five hundred million?
    I think when you talk millions of shares worth around $500 - 800 per share.. I think it's big enough money to influence the market..
    02-27-14 12:21 PM
    You can't blame the clerks, if the carriers don't even have any stock in the stores for the clerks to familiarize themselves with. How expensive could it be for each store to have at least one working phone of each model?
    potatoguy and Bumppa like this.
    02-27-14 12:45 PM
    BBC Click....a tech reveiw on the BBC TV channel has been at Barcelona. I followed Click on Twitter for this show. They have mentioned most devices there.....but no mention at all of Blackberry, despite 2 new devices being announced, the QNX car being there and BBM for Windows etc. I'm awaiting a reply as to why Blackberry didn't get a mention ...but I hardly expect one.
    02-27-14 12:52 PM
    BlackBerry is the victim of strong market forces. Sure they have made mistakes, but I can't think of another company that constantly takes a beating in the media. BP spilled how many gallons of oil in the Gulf, yet that news is done with, and BP advertises how they have learned from their mistake. All is forgiven. BlackBerry, they make cell phones that have maliciously harmed the masses you would think. If you don't think hired shrills are not at play, think again. The ones that deny are most likely iphone faithful or the shrills themselves. The good news? It's getting very hard for the media to factually bash, so they are going quiet and we are even seeing a few positive reports. If BlackBerry ever turns a profit, things will change drastically. BlackBerry stock will soar.

Posted via CB10
    toc610 likes this.
    02-27-14 01:05 PM
    I also work with PR campaigns, even though some think it's paranoid to make this claim, it's clear as day that there is a highly funded program in certain markets to push BB out. For those that don't know what that looks like. Go to any online presence where a positive news item about BB has been posted and read the comments. Paid trolls at work.

BB has made errors for sure, but which organization has not. It also does not help that the company is very poor at marketing and competing.

Bumppa likes this.
    02-27-14 01:07 PM
    I think when you talk millions of shares worth around $500 - 800 per share.. I think it's big enough money to influence the market..
    Clearly, the commenter's premise was that the campaign was large enough to affect BBRY, and I think we can all agree that any campaign large enough to affect a major player in a market also affects the market.

But that wasnt the question. The question was what the commenter meant when referring to "big" money.
    02-27-14 01:14 PM
    BB isn't on the radar enough for a coordinated campaign. MS/Google/Apple would rather spend that money on each other not BB. If Samsung tries to bring Tizen to US carriers or Firefox their OS they'll be met with the same issues.
    02-27-14 01:19 PM
    BlackBerry needs to sell all phones directly in the US, at least for AT&T and T-Mobile. I realize that it may not be possible with the Sprint and Verizon networks because of them using the old CDMA network as justification to only use devices they let in, but BlackBerry must bypass the carrier stores sales reps here. They may also need to consider some retail outlets in their higher demand areas like Washington DC and New York City.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 02:01 PM
    I also work with PR campaigns, even though some think it's paranoid to make this claim, it's clear as day that there is a highly funded program in certain markets to push BB out. For those that don't know what that looks like. Go to any online presence where a positive news item about BB has been posted and read the comments. Paid trolls at work.

BB has made errors for sure, but which organization has not. It also does not help that the company is very poor at marketing and competing.
    For much the same reason Obama and Romney didn't spend much time or money campaigning against Jill Stein (2012 Green party Candidate), I highly doubt a smear campaign against Blackberry would be worth the effort.
    Residing likes this.
    02-27-14 02:18 PM

Why would the sales clerk do research on a product that they hardly ever sell? Wouldn't they know more about the products they sell ever day? That's just natural.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    02-27-14 03:44 PM

Blackberry sat back idly as Google and Apple sprinted by them. No one had to try to destroy them, they shot themselves. They slowly became forgotten. Now they have to rebuild themselves but it won't be easy. Its as simple as that.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    jpvj likes this.
    02-27-14 03:47 PM
    I got 2 BB Z30s from Sasktel.com...They have them. I love the phones!
    02-27-14 05:24 PM
58 123