First off Sprint is free trial then 4.99 month. See alot of sarcasam here for people that has it. I have no kids and grew up in the 60's when all was differant. Point, i bought my 6 yr old great niece one i love dearly, just because of the pervs and whatnot out there. Go to the local Sherrifs web site, u be surprised the neighbors you have or live close.
    09-25-09 12:09 AM
    Good if used properly, bad if abused
    01-12-10 12:38 PM
    Modern technology can do anything these days.
    01-12-10 12:46 PM
    Personally, I think this kind of stuff is crap. I am well aware of the fact that the world I grew up in was different than the world kids live in now.

What this does is make a parent have to be less of a parent. I think it's a cop out to say "my neighbors don't know where my kids live" or whatever. Well, get to know them. Get to know the kids families they hang around with. That's what my parents did. If I was hanging around a kid or kids I shouldn't be, my parents knew and wouldn't let me do it. I eventually learned to make good choices and was able to see who I should and shouldn't be hanging out with.

If you're a parent, be a parent. If you're not, get a nanny or a babysitter. That's what this is. Sure, there are kid nappers and sex offenders and whatever everywhere. You really think the location of phone is gonna help? You don't think these people know how to take the battery of the phone out to avoid it being able to be tracked? They're just as smart as you, like it or not.

Oh, and also, if I, under *any* circumstances, were to give my 9 yr old child a phone the only numbers they'd be able to call or get calls from are me, their mother, and 911. End of story. There's simply absolutely no need for a child of 9 yrs old to have cell phone.
    01-12-10 05:48 PM
    this feature has been around for years, at least 3. they just rebranded it as family locator, similarly to when they changed broadband access card to mobile broadband card. its more marketable and the public understands the product more from the name.
    01-12-10 06:36 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD