I love how I have been waiting for YOU to come in and give some advice and you didn't! and i love how you are NOT talking about me!

I guess I'm just going to get the tour and hope I don't have the problems that everyone else is having with their tours. The only main thing I am worried about now is people not being able to hear me very well or bad reception. I already have bad reception with my curve only in my bedroom and bathroom, but others have said their reception has got worse once they switched to the tour. GRR!
    only problem I sense with it is the muffled sound on the other end when you talk from the device. my co-worker has a tour and when she calls me M2M, I get frustrated and just ask her to call me from her work line. It sounds echoy and monotone and it seems like she has trouble fixing it.

Dont know if its just her phone or if its a flaw in the line.

Also, not to be too picky but the battery door is wiggly and loose which I find odd! not a big problem, but I think it makes build quality come into question
    08-04-09 09:06 AM
    Agreed, I say get one too Amber. They should also let you upgrade now, reguardless if you're not eligible till the end of the month, it's close enough...
    I wish I could get it now, but tell all tell me you are already doing a annual upgrade so we cannot do it until you have been with us for one year...and of course I'm like WTF I'm signing another 2yrs with your a-holes! Idk!! MFers!

only problem I sense with it is the muffled sound on the other end when you talk from the device. my co-worker has a tour and when she calls me M2M, I get frustrated and just ask her to call me from her work line. It sounds echoy and monotone and it seems like she has trouble fixing it.

Dont know if its just her phone or if its a flaw in the line.

Also, not to be too picky but the battery door is wiggly and loose which I find odd! not a big problem, but I think it makes build quality come into question
    Battery door is the least of my worries...I am more so worried about the person I am talking to on the other end of the line being able to understand me and not get pissed because they can't understand me through the muffled BS coming from my end of the phone. I talk on my phone a lot and I don't want to have to worry about people being able to hear me. That is just annoying to not only them, but to me also.

WTF to do WTF to do? hmmm
    08-04-09 09:12 AM
    Bite the Bullet and get the Tour, all that agree, say "Yea"
    08-04-09 09:14 AM
    I wish I could get it now, but tell all tell me you are already doing a annual upgrade so we cannot do it until you have been with us for one year...and of course I'm like WTF I'm signing another 2yrs with your a-holes! Idk!! MFers!

Battery door is the least of my worries...I am more so worried about the person I am talking to on the other end of the line being able to understand me and not get pissed because they can't understand me through the muffled BS coming from my end of the phone. I talk on my phone a lot and I don't want to have to worry about people being able to hear me. That is just annoying to not only them, but to me also.

WTF to do WTF to do? hmmm
    just get it. nothings coming out for a while anyway if you dont want the storm 2. On a note about twins comment, nothing is factual and he knows this very well. But one thing is factual, VZ will require wifi BBs from now on after the Tour and...... RIM is always making new devices. So beyond those points, to be politically correct, everything is a rumor. But... I'm sure we all knew that by now
    08-04-09 09:16 AM
    SD I totally want this phone...we have gone through the battle of you getting yours and me being jealous of it. But now I read all these call quality problems with the phone...my curve already sucks balls last thing I need is a sexier phone that sucks even more balls! How is your call quality?
    08-04-09 09:16 AM
    My call quailty is fine, no issues at all. It's very clear and my signal seems to always be all 5 bars...
    08-04-09 09:19 AM
    My call quailty is fine, no issues at all. It's very clear and my signal seems to always be all 5 bars...
    Well I guess I'm going to take the chance and see what kind of Tour I get...I will hope for the best and if I get a crappy one I WILL trade and get a NEW one.
    I'm not signing up for another 2yr contract for a phone I am alright with.
    08-04-09 09:23 AM
    when it comes to reception and bars, I think there was never a problem. Just get the phone and do the 30 days. Call quality and muffled sounds on the other end are easy to test within the 30 day period
    08-04-09 09:51 AM
    when it comes to reception and bars, I think there was never a problem. Just get the phone and do the 30 days. Call quality and muffled sounds on the other end are easy to test within the 30 day period
    Great advice - but all too often the "cool factor" plays into it. A new phone owner is so enthralled with their phone that they keep thinking the issues will be resolved - a possibility if it is a software issue. However, if it is a hardware issue, resolution will only come from getting your next phone. And we know from experience to not assume a software fix is coming in a timely manner.

Still, they keep that flawed device past any trial periods. When the newness wears off, the "cool" is gone & reality sets in, they get cantankerous & demand a fix.

Too bad the fix, by this time, is long past.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 11:56 AM
    No flames & no beating around the bush here. Just injecting some reality...

I love how I have been waiting for YOU to come in and give some advice and you didn't! and i love how you are NOT talking about me!
    Now why would I be talking ABOUT you? I think about you a lot, though. Must be your eyes.

I guess I'm just going to get the tour and hope I don't have the problems that everyone else is having with their tours. The only main thing I am worried about now is people not being able to hear me very well or bad reception. I already have bad reception with my curve only in my bedroom and bathroom, but others have said their reception has got worse once they switched to the tour. GRR!
    There are a lot of issues with the Tour - I found some to get worse with age - as little as three months seems to be a sticking point. Let's face it - RIM is not about quality anymore. They are riding on a reputation, even though it is a reputation that is quickly heading south as they design & build to a price point.

Try the thing, if you're so set on BlackBerry. Give it a thorough workout. Use it in the wind, inside, outside, on the freeway with the windows down. My number one complaint is when I talk to someone who is using a Tour - there is a lot of "what did you say?"

If you like it & can deal with the issues, great. All I know is I can't live with the issues. Our company upgraded to them & we've already reverted back. Can't do business communications if the sound quality is bad.

But one thing is factual, VZ will require wifi BBs from now on after the Tour
    Sorry, but that statement is not factual - there is no WiFi mandate from VZW. It may be on a features wishlist, but I've seen the buildsheets - nothing requiring WiFi on the Storm2 or any subsequent BlackBerry device. In fact, having WiFi on the Storm2 is still a longshot & most of the working prototypes & testers do not have it.
    just get it. nothings coming out for a while anyway if you dont want the storm
    Life does exist outside of BlackBerry. Many here do not want to hear that, but it is reality.
    Some will point to how popular a particular BlackBerry model is, but you need to look at it in relative numbers. There are more WinMo manufacturers, for example, than there are current BlackBerry models.

When you look at platforms, Palm, WinMo, Symbian, Apple, Android, and look at them worldwide, BlackBerry starts looking kind of small.
    Sorry, but coming from my vantage point, I have a big NAY as my vote there.

08-04-09 03:39 PM
    Your favorite phone is one that has yet to be released? Something that you've never actually touched? Ok-ay...

I miss that show, "Reading Rainbow." Have you ever heard of that show? Read my device models and then go over your brilliant sarcastic statement some more. Oh, and you're right, it has not been released, as of yet. 9700 hasn't been released either or the Aries, but....
    08-04-09 04:04 PM

Now why would I be talking ABOUT you? I think about you a lot, though. Must be your eyes.

There are a lot of issues with the Tour - I found some to get worse with age - as little as three months seems to be a sticking point. Let's face it - RIM is not about quality anymore. They are riding on a reputation, even though it is a reputation that is quickly heading south as they design & build to a price point.

Try the thing, if you're so set on BlackBerry. Give it a thorough workout. Use it in the wind, inside, outside, on the freeway with the windows down. My number one complaint is when I talk to someone who is using a Tour - there is a lot of "what did you say?"

If you like it & can deal with the issues, great. All I know is I can't live with the issues. Our company upgraded to them & we've already reverted back. Can't do business communications if the sound quality is bad.

Sorry, but that statement is not factual - there is no WiFi mandate from VZW. It may be on a features wishlist, but I've seen the buildsheets - nothing requiring WiFi on the Storm2 or any subsequent BlackBerry device. In fact, having WiFi on the Storm2 is still a longshot & most of the working prototypes & testers do not have it.
    Life does exist outside of BlackBerry. Many here do not want to hear that, but it is reality.
    Some will point to how popular a particular BlackBerry model is, but you need to look at it in relative numbers. There are more WinMo manufacturers, for example, than there are current BlackBerry models.

When you look at platforms, Palm, WinMo, Symbian, Apple, Android, and look at them worldwide, BlackBerry starts looking kind of small.

there's a surprise... but I say nay too. I rather wait and see what the storm has in store. And yes, it WILL have wifi
    08-04-09 04:38 PM
    there's a surprise... but I say nay too. I rather wait and see what the storm has in store. And yes, it WILL have wifi
    Fair enough - let's wait to see the released product & then we can find out who was correct.

And, as has been noted already, I am pretty much done with RIM products. There are far better options out there - so my NAY, at least, stands.

And, BTW - why did you quote my entire post? I said NOTHING about YOUR eyes.

08-04-09 07:00 PM
    I hear Thinkamp has much nicer eyes than Rican does.
    08-04-09 08:38 PM
    I say no as well. I played with a Tour in my local VZW store and other than looking nicer and being faster it was not a huge improvement from what I have already. At least I didn't think it was. I am waiting to see if the Omnia 2 is as good as it looks and being Verizon dropped the price on the HTC Touch Pro, they may be getting something to add in its place real soon. I don't know but someone said maybe the Touch Pro 2.
    08-04-09 08:50 PM
    I think I have to agree
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 08-05-09 at 07:56 AM.
    08-05-09 07:14 AM
    First I must say Twinz...you were the one I was waiting for on a reply! And of course you weren't talking about me...I just HAD to point it out!

Oh my eyes...yes they are pretty nice aren't they. I get that a lot!

Now for staying on topic for a second here...I am def going to give it a try...I am hooked on BBs and I cannot see myself living without a trackball ever again. I am going to give that Tour the ride of its life and if it passes all test then it shall stay and if not VZW can have it back!

Fair enough - let's wait to see the released product & then we can find out who was correct.

And, as has been noted already, I am pretty much done with RIM products. There are far better options out there - so my NAY, at least, stands.

And, BTW - why did you quote my entire post? I said NOTHING about YOUR eyes.

I would like to know why exactly you are done with RIM and their products? What turned you off about them??

Rican just likes my eyes.

That she does!

I say no as well. I played with a Tour in my local VZW store and other than looking nicer and being faster it was not a huge improvement from what I have already. At least I didn't think it was. I am waiting to see if the Omnia 2 is as good as it looks and being Verizon dropped the price on the HTC Touch Pro, they may be getting something to add in its place real soon. I don't know but someone said maybe the Touch Pro 2.
    I know it is not a HUGE improvement, but I LOVE BBs and I have to give this Tour a try and if its not for me then I can always go back to my trusted Curve.

I think I have to agree
    OFC!
    08-05-09 08:42 AM
    I really think you will like the Tour Amber...
    08-05-09 08:55 AM
    I really think I will too and if not I always have my curve! I'm not to worried about it...anymore
    08-05-09 09:01 AM
    Right on, the end of the month will be here before you know it.
    08-05-09 09:03 AM
    YAY I know!
    And I will get my deposit back and thats what is going to pay for this phone! WOOHOO!
    08-05-09 09:19 AM
    Maybe I am overlooking something but as far as wifi goes on Blackberry phones what would be the benefit of having wifi along with the data plan , I mean since you have to data plan with vzw?
    08-05-09 09:47 AM
    Maybe I am overlooking something but as far as wifi goes on Blackberry phones what would be the benefit of having wifi along with the data plan , I mean since you have to data plan with vzw?

WIFI is faster than 3g
    data overseas/hotels/resorts/airports
    primetime2go only downloads via WIFI
    airlines wired for WIFI during the actual flights
    data for hard to reach places like basements or deep within buildings, residential areas, bad signal areas
    WIFI allows for simultanious data/voice on CDMA networks (verizon/sprint)
    there u go... some may need it, some may not. But when the option is there, you may run across one of these reasons for needing it. When you don't need it cause 3g is strong, then you can shut it off, which affects nothing adversely
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 08-05-09 at 11:37 AM.
    08-05-09 11:34 AM
    I don't think WiFi on a Blackberry is really going to help much unless you just don't have any 3G coverage. Speed will probably be about the same. Your data is already unlimited so no need to worry about that part of the puzzle either.

If you connect the BB to a 20Mbps connection the transfer rate will still be limited to what you are getting now on Rev A I would think. The BB servers and your BB will not process information that quickly. It'll be the same ole same ole in the speed area I believe.

Reason why? Right now if I tether my BB to my computer I can average about 1.45Mbps @ speedtest.net

If you run a test going through the BB servers on the device it's not even half that according to speed test programs and just general browser download rates that are displayed on the BB.

I suppose it would allow applications to run solely on WiFi? It just doesn't seem like it's THAT big of a deal to me. BBs now have a hard enough time keeping up with themselves, much less 20Mbps!
    Last edited by tsguy52; 08-05-09 at 09:39 PM.
    08-05-09 09:35 PM
    I don't think WiFi on a Blackberry is really going to help much unless you just don't have any 3G coverage. Speed will probably be about the same. Your data is already unlimited so no need to worry about that part of the puzzle either.

If you connect the BB to a 20Mbps connection the transfer rate will still be limited to what you are getting now on Rev A I would think. The BB servers and your BB will not process information that quickly. It'll be the same ole same ole in the speed area I believe.

Reason why? Right now if I tether my BB to my computer I can average about 1.45Mbps @ speedtest.net

If you run a test going through the BB servers on the device it's not even half that according to speed test programs and just general browser download rates that are displayed on the BB.

I suppose it would allow applications to run solely on WiFi? It just doesn't seem like it's THAT big of a deal to me. BBs now have a hard enough time keeping up with themselves, much less 20Mbps!
    Some things are faster but for a lot of BB use, wifi isn't worth the trouble. I think a lot of the wifi crowd is the same group pushing for wimax.

08-05-09 09:52 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD