I know this subject has been beatin' to death, but I’m having a huge dilemma here!
    To either upgrade to the Tour at the end of August or wait for a newer BB with WiFi, but who really knows if these new phone will have WiFi. Everything is always a rumor and you don’t know till it happens. Just wanted some input on what your Verizon wireless users think.

Thanks,
    Ber
    Last edited by thinkamp; 08-03-09 at 09:38 AM.
    08-03-09 09:35 AM
    It's not a rumor, they will have Wi-Fi. Storm 2 and Aries definitely has it, and the updated Tour will be no exception. The question is should you wait? That's entirely up to you as the original Tour is a great upgrade when compared to the older CDMA devices.
    08-03-09 09:59 AM
    I know this subject has been beatin' to death, but I’m having a huge dilemma here!
    To either upgrade to the Tour at the end of August or wait for a newer BB with WiFi, but who really knows if these new phone will have WiFi. Everything is always a rumor and you don’t know till it happens. Just wanted some input on what your Verizon wireless users think.

Thanks,
    Ber
    If you want the tour get the tour. If you want to wait for a chance that there may be wifi then wait. That was hard.
    08-03-09 10:00 AM
    I'm pretty sure the Storm 2 WILL have WiFi, if that helps. I think I saw it on a Storm 2 video preview here on CB before it was taken down.
    08-03-09 10:01 AM
    It's not a rumor, they will have Wi-Fi. Storm 2 and Aries definitely has it, and the updated Tour will be no exception. The question is should you wait? That's entirely up to you as the original Tour is a great upgrade when compared to the older CDMA devices.
    I thought it was just rumored. I'm thinking I may have to go with waiting on this tour then. Its not like I cannot live without Wifi, but I feel like I am missing out. And what is this Aries phone you are talking about?
    If you want the tour get the tour. If you want to wait for a chance that there may be wifi then wait. That was hard.
    You are rude. I asked a very easy question and yes you gave a very easy answer. I wanted to know the opinions of what other Verizon users would do. No need to be a smart ***, but thanks anyways.
    I'm pretty sure the Storm 2 WILL have WiFi, if that helps. I think I saw it on a Storm 2 video preview here on CB before it was taken down.
    Sucks I don't like touch screens.
    08-03-09 10:06 AM
    If you don't like touchphone which bb would you be buying with wifi?
    08-03-09 10:10 AM
    If you don't like touchphone which bb would you be buying with wifi?
    Well the Storm 2 is not going to be the only BB that comes out with Wifi is it? I don't know of any other upcoming BBs as of yet...
    I don't want to be a wifiless BB user anymore..what other full keyboard phones should verizon be getting in the next year?
    08-03-09 10:12 AM
    Well the Storm 2 is not going to be the only BB that comes out with Wifi is it? I don't know of any other upcoming BBs as of yet...
    I don't want to be a wifiless BB user anymore..what other full keyboard phones should verizon be getting in the next year?
    Rumor of a curve something like an 8520 or something? Didn't mean to come off rude, but the keyword in all these posts is rumor. But how long would you wait to upgrade 4 months? 6 months? Maybe upgrade to a tour on a 1 year contract?
    08-03-09 10:14 AM
    I thought it was just rumored. I'm thinking I may have to go with waiting on this tour then. Its not like I cannot live without Wifi, but I feel like I am missing out. And what is this Aries phone you are talking about?
    Aries is the CDMA BlackBerry Gemini. Check out the 8520 section, if you want to know more information about the phone. It's a low end smartphone, and it seems that you're aiming for high end. As for the updated Tour, it's coming out early 1Q, so that's the phone you should wait for.
    08-03-09 10:28 AM
    Rumor of a curve something like an 8520 or something? Didn't mean to come off rude, but the keyword in all these posts is rumor. But how long would you wait to upgrade 4 months? 6 months? Maybe upgrade to a tour on a 1 year contract?
    Eww the 8520 doesn't have a trackball does it? Well from pictures I have seen, it doesn't show one and I for one don't ever see me using a phone with out a trackball.
    As for upgrades I can wait I was going to use my annual upgrade at the end of August so I can wait, but that tour is awesome. Idk why I feel the need for wifi bc I never have before, but something has changed.
    08-03-09 10:29 AM
    Eww the 8520 doesn't have a trackball does it? Well from pictures I have seen, it doesn't show one and I for one don't ever see me using a phone with out a trackball.
    As for upgrades I can wait I was going to use my annual upgrade at the end of August so I can wait, but that tour is awesome. Idk why I feel the need for wifi bc I never have before, but something has changed.
    It has the optical trackpad which I love better than the trackball. You'll have to get used to it first, but it's pretty good. I'm using different BB's that has it, and I think that's the version I prefer. Still like the trackball too.
    08-03-09 10:35 AM
    Aries is the CDMA BlackBerry Gemini. Check out the 8520 section, if you want to know more information about the phone. It's a low end smartphone, and it seems that you're aiming for high end. As for the updated Tour, it's coming out early 1Q, so that's the phone you should wait for.
    So very true!! I think I am going to wait and is that 1Q of 2010?
    It has the optical trackpad which I love better than the trackball. You'll have to get used to it first, but it's pretty good.
    Yea I don't think that will be the phone for me, but I think I am going to wait for the tour with wifi!
    08-03-09 10:37 AM
    Theres no indication anywhere on rumors of launch dates on the Aeries or Storm2 is there? I havent heard anything on my end and My New Every 2 is in April... would be interesting to have wifi
    08-03-09 11:51 AM
    Just remember... all of the release dates of things are speculation until VZW says so.

If you want the Tour then get the Tour. If you think something better might be lurking then wait.
    08-03-09 01:25 PM
    I too have the same hard choice. I decided that i would wait for a better BB to be released, then I will upgrade. I had the Storm, hated it and sold it on Craigslist for exactly what I paid on Verizon.com. I reverted back to the 8330 and was debating getting the Tour, but even before it was released it was confirmed that a version with Wi-Fi would be released next year. Im hoping that by that time they get the kinks worked out and add the optical trackball to it. Only then will I consider upgrading. As for now the 8330 is getting a new case, and new upright standing charger, just to hold me over. Then when it comes time to upgrade I can sell it for about what I will pay for my new upgrade.
    08-03-09 01:27 PM
    I too have the same hard choice. I decided that i would wait for a better BB to be released, then I will upgrade. I had the Storm, hated it and sold it on Craigslist for exactly what I paid on Verizon.com. I reverted back to the 8330 and was debating getting the Tour, but even before it was released it was confirmed that a version with Wi-Fi would be released next year. Im hoping that by that time they get the kinks worked out and add the optical trackball to it. Only then will I consider upgrading. As for now the 8330 is getting a new case, and new upright standing charger, just to hold me over. Then when it comes time to upgrade I can sell it for about what I will pay for my new upgrade.
    I'm starting to lean more and more on waiting, but I still don't know. GRR! I need to get my hands on a working tour and play with that little sucker!
    08-03-09 01:58 PM
    I'm starting to lean more and more on waiting, but I still don't know. GRR! I need to get my hands on a working tour and play with that little sucker!
    wait for storm 2. Its wifi and its lookin real good. The tour looks really good 2 but in my mind, unless it has wifi, its flawed for a 2 year device upgrade.

Yea, we might not wait 2 years for our next upgrade but for me, I upgrade with that mindset of 2 years anyway. Longevity is the name of the game...
    08-03-09 09:27 PM
    wait for storm 2. Its wifi and its lookin real good. The tour looks really good 2 but in my mind, unless it has wifi, its flawed for a 2 year device upgrade.

Yea, we might not wait 2 years for our next upgrade but for me, I upgrade with that mindset of 2 years anyway. Longevity is the name of the game...
    Storm 2 is officially my favorite CDMA BlackBerry, but I know the updated Tour is going to deliver. My advice to everyone is to make sure they have a chance to play with the phone, and be their own judge. Don't think that a phone is perfect because insiders said they are.
    08-04-09 08:00 AM
    Don't think that a phone is perfect because insiders said they are.

Completely agree...
    08-04-09 08:11 AM
    Storm 2 is officially my favorite CDMA BlackBerry, but I know the updated Tour is going to deliver. My advice to everyone is to make sure they have a chance to play with the phone, and be their own judge. Don't think that a phone is perfect because insiders said they are.
    yea well remember storm 1 winning the award for best innovation? guess the innovation was short lived

but on another note, what do u mean "updated tour?"
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 08-04-09 at 08:33 AM.
    08-04-09 08:31 AM

I don't like touch screen so there would be no reason for me to wait for the storm 2.
    08-04-09 08:38 AM
    I don't like touch screen so there would be no reason for me to wait for the storm 2.
    Then get a Tour now cause any other phone after the Storm 2 is going to be a wait till at least early next year. A CDMA curve 8900 and a wifi Tour I think are in the works tho... Just get a Tour. Plus, you told me once that u never really cared for wifi so you should be good with the Tour. Plus, its even sexier up close and personal lol
    08-04-09 08:42 AM
    I love how people take the online rumors of possible upcoming devices as factual.

Especially when similar rumors have proven false upon release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 08:48 AM
    I love how people take the online rumors of possible upcoming devices as factual.

Especially when similar rumors have proven false upon release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I love how I have been waiting for YOU to come in and give some advice and you didn't! and i love how you are NOT talking about me!

I guess I'm just going to get the tour and hope I don't have the problems that everyone else is having with their tours. The only main thing I am worried about now is people not being able to hear me very well or bad reception. I already have bad reception with my curve only in my bedroom and bathroom, but others have said their reception has got worse once they switched to the tour. GRR!
    08-04-09 09:01 AM
    Just get a Tour
    Agreed, I say get one too Amber. They should also let you upgrade now, reguardless if you're not eligible till the end of the month, it's close enough...
    08-04-09 09:02 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD