So my wife and I are both on our second generation of BBs. She has an 8530 and I have a 9550 so it's about time to upgrade. I am set on the 9930 but wife hasn't decided which one she wants but knows she wants a BlackBerry. So she headed to the Verizon kiosk at Costco but they had no BlackBerrys. She went to a small VZ store in a strip mall and again, no BlackBerrys. So tonight we went to our local stand alone VZ store and I left disappointed and pissed.

Here's what happened: A representative welcomed us and asked how he could help. I told him we were there to try out the BlackBerrys. To which he replied 'we don't have any'. After further discussion, he said they didn't even have a display for them. My wife asked him why, to which he replied 'well they are going out of business. And they stopped supporting us'.

What the $*#+?!?!

I told him that he was misinformed and shouldn't spread incorrect rumors. He told me they could still order them. I told him we were they to try them out and didn't want to order without hands on. We then left the store.

I can't stand people speaking rumors as though they are fact. RIM really has to fix the public perception in the next 5-6 months.

What is going on? First if all, why are there no BBs? I refuse to move to another device just because everyone else is. I enjoy my BB and I think it is a well designed device. I think the other thing that caught me off guard was the recent statement by VZ stating their support of BB10 and yet they have no BBs 5 months before BB10. Any VZ people have any explanations? Fwiw, I am in Charlotte, NC.
    Last edited by chevee; 08-24-12 at 08:34 PM.
    08-24-12 08:23 PM
    That's why we have YouTube, to look up videos of phones we want to see in action
    08-24-12 08:36 PM
    Just order a 9930 online.
    Honestly imo its one of those things you really DONT need a hands-on with before buying. It's just THAT great.

But eh, wasn't the first time this has been reported & until BB10 hits it probably won't be the last. That's Verizon for ya'.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-24-12 09:23 PM
    I agree you can trust that the 9930 will be everything you thought it was and more. Its the perfect evolution from the Blackberries you already own. But ignant in store reps are the worst, I can't believe they pay people to be so uninformed.
    08-24-12 10:02 PM
    Well given all the quality-control issues BlackBerry has had,...it's really on smart to "try before you buy."
    08-24-12 10:44 PM
    Sorry. Tapatalk snafu.
    08-24-12 10:45 PM
    Well given all the quality-control issues BlackBerry has had,...it's really on smart to "try before you buy."
    over the years I have had half a dozen BB phones...never had an issue.
    I have had a PlayBook that I returned though....it had a Blue Pixel.

As I assume you want to stay with Verison I suggest goin to AT&T & trying a 9900. It's the GSM vs of the 9930. Then if you like the 9900, order the 9930 from Verison

....oh & if you do that, tip your AT&T rep
    08-24-12 10:59 PM
    I've had numerous BlackBerry devices. Never played with one before hand. No regrets.9850 and 9930 are great. You might want to hold off for BB10.
    08-24-12 11:31 PM
    My Verizon store was the same way, only a curve on display. I asked for a 9930 and the rep tried like the devil to sell me a Motorola Razor said they didn't have any Bolds, I told him to double check or I could have the manager check. Guess what! A 9930! Just because they say they don't have any or none on display push the issue to the manager to make sure.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-24-12 11:52 PM
    I got a white 9900 for the lady and a black for my self I don't care about bb10. My last device was a 9000 and I still have it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-24-12 11:57 PM
    You have just experienced the American biasedness (yes I invented a word)

I really mean it, I mean wtf Verizon, customer for 11 years and live in their hq town and they still don't care to provide phones that people might appeal to.

Verizon is like this all the time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.569 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    08-25-12 12:56 AM
    Pretty sure verizon is all about their LTE network and their ridiculous DROID branding. Just order online. No need to give them commission.
    08-25-12 04:05 AM
    My carrier only presents these phone and at the site i�ve only seen the Curves...

http://www.tmn.pt/portal/site/loja/t...005401650aRCRD
    Last edited by PedroBorgas; 08-25-12 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Add link ^^
    08-25-12 05:01 AM
    I recently went to a Verizon Store myself and they had no BlackBerrys on display.. I don't know many people who use BB's anymore. Almost everybody I know is using an iphone or Android. I just think Verizon is trying to push those 4G LTE Android phones since they are putting up all those 4G LTE towers. They have to pay for them some how, so they are probably forced to sell Android so you use those 4G towers.. I just think BB is behind in technology, but hopefully soon they will be back with the times if BB10 ever comes out... I'm satisfied with my Bold 9930 in the mean time.
    08-25-12 05:19 AM
    What is going on? First if all, why are there no BBs? I refuse to move to another device just because everyone else is. I enjoy my BB and I think it is a well designed device. I think the other thing that caught me off guard was the recent statement by VZ stating their support of BB10 and yet they have no BBs 5 months before BB10. Any VZ people have any explanations? Fwiw, I am in Charlotte, NC.
    If you're in an LTE area, then the VZW stores/outlets only sell LTE devices now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Murados likes this.
    08-25-12 06:56 AM
    I recently went to a Verizon Store myself and they had no BlackBerrys on display.. I don't know many people who use BB's anymore. Almost everybody I know is using an iphone or Android. I just think Verizon is trying to push those 4G LTE Android phones since they are putting up all those 4G LTE towers. They have to pay for them some how, so they are probably forced to sell Android so you use those 4G towers.. I just think BB is behind in technology, but hopefully soon they will be back with the times if BB10 ever comes out... I'm satisfied with my Bold 9930 in the mean time.

Once the iphone launches with 4G in sept they'll stop pushing so hard. With all the traffic from that phone say bye bye to the speeds they boast.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    08-25-12 07:07 AM
    If you're in an LTE area, then the VZW stores/outlets only sell LTE devices now.

Oh so you will not find an iPhone either then.
    08-25-12 07:08 AM
    Pretty sure verizon is all about their LTE network and their ridiculous DROID branding.
    I've heard nothing but bad. I remember last year when all the USA people were talking up VZN and laughing at ATT all because of the LTE android lineup. Fast forward to today and all I hear is grumbling about LTE battery consumption on all but the RAZR MAXX and its giant battery, and even more complaints by all of the Galaxy Nexus owners who discovered that the VZN version of the Nexus sucks for updates more than all the rest.
    ajst222 likes this.
    08-25-12 07:58 AM
    For those questioning, we were looking for hands on so that my wife could decide between bold and torch. She has since decided that she wants to keep the keyboard so we will be taking advantage of the 9930 deal at Verizon Best Buy for $99.
    08-25-12 08:12 AM
    Oh yea...Verizon employees are terrible. When switching from my Droid Razr back to my Tour to sell the Razr, the guy was a nutcase. We started talking and he said "Oh yea they don't even make BlackBerrys anymore" and when I corrected him he said "Well I meant that carriers don't have them anymore" and when I corrected him again he said "No I meant that they are planning to drop them soon" and I corrected him that time by showing him how Verizon just picked up the Curve 9310. And then the usual "BlackBerry is going out of business" (notice how he said BlackBerry instead of RIM). Again, another correction. And when he said "but Blackberry just laid off 50,000 jobs...that's got a good sign", that's when I stopped talking to him. Yes, I typed that number right.....
    bungaboy and decypher44 like this.
    08-25-12 08:21 AM
    For those questioning, we were looking for hands on so that my wife could decide between bold and torch. She has since decided that she wants to keep the keyboard so we will be taking advantage of the 9930 deal at Verizon Best Buy for $99.
    Yea you can always go other places. I would've gone for the Torch haha. But that's a good deal from Best Buy
    08-25-12 08:22 AM
    Verizon sales people rarely if ever know what they're talking about when it come to Blackberry devices. The 9930 is amazing, enjoy your new Bolds!
    08-25-12 08:26 AM
    Oh so you will not find an iPhone either then.
    The iPhone is the exception that proves the rule. VZW (and other carriers) are stuck with a contract they're not happy with.

08-25-12 09:04 AM
    The iPhone is the exception that proves the rule. VZW (and other carriers) are stuck with a contract they're not happy with.

Yep. Just pointing out that yes they do have phones that aren't 4g LTE.
    08-25-12 09:11 AM
    I have been to 3 large VZW stores in the Phoenix area recently. (trying to upgrade a myfi) and all had a BB disply. Granted it was sort of in the back and not easy to find. They had the 9930 9310 9370 and a 9850. I talked with one saleperson and he seemed to be open to selling you whatever you wanted. He said he has heard good things about BB10 and looked forward to seeing it in action. We had a good discussion and he was not anti BB.
    08-25-12 11:30 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD