Last week from Costco I saw "product of USA"

Dairy farmers make a killing in Canada, all they have to do is make their qouta. If there's too much they are still paid for what they promise.

Those qouta's where given away by the government for free and now they are sold for hundreds of thousands of dollars, just a weird way of looking over the industry.

I wish that my industry was protected like these.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 12:34 AM
    Last week from Costco I saw "product of USA"

Dairy farmers make a killing in Canada, all they have to do is make their qouta. If there's too much they are still paid for what they promise.

Those qouta's where given away by the government for free and now they are sold for hundreds of thousands of dollars, just a weird way of looking over the industry.

I wish that my industry was protected like these.

Posted via CB10
    You're all over the map with your argument.

To recap, I said dairy farmers in th US are heavily subsidized hence the low prices at POS. When I asked where you can purchase American dairy in Canada, you counter with one American retailer. How is that killing the Canadian dairy industry?

If I can make sense of the argument, you're supporting Verizon coming to Canada as, like Costco, while it has novelty and offers different product and services, it will not take over the marketplace or completely overtake the Canadian product and services even if it is more expensive (to buy Canadian).

Edit: Analysts do forecast that Verizon would ultimately garner 3-4 million subscribers, but ROBELLUS would still be in the lead.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 09:44 AM
    I'm just pointing out that this government has an affection with making one industry cost less for Canadians, well there are safe guards in place for other industries.

I'm not in favor for Verizon coming to Canada. I'm pretty sure they'll just be like every other American company that comes up here. They all charge as much as the Canadian consumer is willing to pay. Having them doesn't benefit Canada in the big picture.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 06:17 PM
    This is an interesting blog related to this thread http://www.roammobility.com/blog/big...erizon-part-2/

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    08-20-13 10:51 PM
    This is great news as long as Verizon doesn't join up with robelus.( the big 3). These 3 companies have been screwing people over for years!!! Instead of spending millions on stupid newspaper ads,websites,radio ads, you should have been putting this back into the customers pockets!!! When I lived in the USA I had Verizon and the service sucks and especially with all the Verizon BlackBerry BS on updates I will not be going to Verizon but I am sure as shiiit am gonna use what they offer to my advantage as leverage to re negotiate

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    08-21-13 05:44 AM
    I'm just pointing out that this government has an affection with making one industry cost less for Canadians, well there are safe guards in place for other industries.

I'm not in favor for Verizon coming to Canada. I'm pretty sure they'll just be like every other American company that comes up here. They all charge as much as the Canadian consumer is willing to pay. Having them doesn't benefit Canada in the big picture.

Posted via CB10
    You said the magic words in economics. "They all charge as much as the CANADIAN consumer is willing to pay." That, sir, is basic economical principle. They will use their buying power to get good deals from manufacturers and sell slightly below the rest. Walmart does it, Target is doing it, hell, Lowe's is doing it. The difference here is that adding a fourth really won't hurt the consumer, it'll hurt the big three's bottom line. Sidebar: did you see home hardware, Canadian Tire, or Rona complain about foreign competition? No. The difference is the wireless industry is young and we are questioning the status quo of protectionism.

To your first point, again, I think you're way off base. The government does want lower prices for consumers in wireless. And as Conservatives, they want to maintain steady prices for farmers of whom comprise a large portion of their voting bloc. Nevertheless, the control boards stabilize prices so that the government doesn't have to pay farmers, they can artificially maintain standards by passing the price onto consumers. Again, completely different industries, completely different landscape.

Verizon coming to Canada is important in that it is symbolic of free trade. Even if they buy spectrum to deploy US customer roaming only, it only serves to get the others thinking about how to innovate and secure their customer base (one can hope).

Posted via CB10
    blackmoe likes this.
    08-22-13 01:36 AM
56 123