It's bring reported in engadget that they have a Verizon road map and the 9570 is not going on sale with them. Very interesting as Storm was initially for them. Does this actually mean that the real storm 3 / 4 will coming out first quarter running QNX and they figured that it was not fair on customers selling them a refresh when new one around the corner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 04:39 PM
    Yup, i posted this in a couple other threads... found this news out over beers last weekend.. no one believed me.
    09-30-10 04:40 PM
    I have learned not to believe in rumors.
    09-30-10 04:53 PM
    I have learned not to believe in rumors.
    what rumor?

i heard it direct from a RIM engineer...
    09-30-10 04:58 PM
    I don't believe in rumors either. I would like a Storm 4 with the same type of touch screen that the Torch has.
    09-30-10 04:59 PM
    Normally if this thing comes up on engadget it normally pans out to be correct, check out the article

09-30-10 05:00 PM
    Yeah, BBLeaks also tweeted (I don't tweet, I just use it as a news source) the same general information. I'm glad VZW decided not to, it would be a huge waste of time and money for them considering a majority would not get it, at least IMO.
    09-30-10 05:08 PM
    This would be a good idea. I'd say 75% of people agree that this was poor handling on RIM/VZ's part to go with a refresh so similarly specced as the 9550. Just focus on the real next gen Storm 3 and go all the way with it. Release it a little later if they have to, many of us will wait if we know something significantly better is coming. But until then I hope they at least release a .9xx build for the 9550 to hold us over until then.
    09-30-10 05:14 PM
    This would be a good idea. I'd say 75% of people agree that this was poor handling on RIM/VZ's part to go with a refresh so similarly specced as the 9550. Just focus on the real next gen Storm 3 and go all the way with it. Release it a little later if they have to, many of us will wait if we know something significantly better is coming. But until then I hope they at least release a .9xx build for the 9550 to hold us over until then.
    Yeah, I agree with all of that. They might have a solid .9xx build for us coming soon though, .973 came out for 9520 recently. I mean, I don't know anything about the process or if just because the 9520 has a .9xx build the 9550 will get one, but hopefully!
    09-30-10 05:46 PM
    thankx for the info.
    09-30-10 07:11 PM
    At first I was a littled ticked to think this may be true then I figured it was probably a smart move on Verizon's part. If in fact they are working on a "super storm" due out sometime early next year, people high up in the ranks of VzW would know about it and would probably figure selling a storm 2.5 to be a PR disaster; imagine getting saddled with a 2 year contract with another storm 2 and then a few months later "ta-DA! The REAL storm 3!" comes out.

I may just hold out a little longer to see how this develops. I have my finger on hovering over the "bail to the droid" button but not ready to push it JUUUUUUST yet....
    09-30-10 07:32 PM
    09-30-10 08:47 PM
    If true, this makes me very very happy!
    09-30-10 09:41 PM
    Kinda blows...
    09-30-10 09:46 PM
    I would just like to have some fresh new Storm hardware in my hand...perferably a shiny LTE capable, QNX powered, widescreen Storm Superphone!
    09-30-10 09:55 PM
    I'm glad Verizon is dropping the 9570. The 9550, with a proper OS5 build and a free third party browser, can stand on its own. There's no need for the same device with a few more horses under the bonnet just to support 6. Providing it delivers, I'm content to wait a little longer for S3.
    09-30-10 10:14 PM
    To me it kinda sucks but it would be smart for ANY carrier not to pick up this device and hopefully RIM can open their eyes and realize that they need to grow some balls and get their game together. Enough with all these "Refresh" model that only get minor upgrades. Start designing different device that don't look anything that is already on the market... Now that this 9570 maybe gettin the boot, why not make a decent OS6 for the Storm 2 or even a OS5.1 that can at least give us the web browser... Give us something to keep us goin until the Storm 3 comes out. Im startin to look at other devices but tryin to stay loyal to BlackBerry. Hopefully RIM hasn't abandon the Storm series at all.
    09-30-10 11:50 PM
    Looks like I'm gonna have to jump ship to the BIG RED-im with sprint,love my tour,bit want to stay with blkberry-but no strom with sprint only htc,so waitin to c what htc will have for us on sprint,if nothin hello BIG RED

10-01-10 12:48 AM
    Kinda blows...
    Don't tell me you were planning to get one of these?

10-01-10 07:06 AM
    Yup, i posted this in a couple other threads... found this news out over beers last weekend.. no one believed me.
    Can you confirm what your heard? Was it that VZW dropped the 9570 or that the LTE/QNX Storm exists and is coming out early next year? Or both?

10-01-10 07:08 AM
    Smart move on VZW's part, now all they need to do is release a decent OS5 for 9550.
    10-01-10 07:14 AM
    The only thing I liked about the refreshed model over the 9550 was twice the memory. Wonder if it is indeed rejected by VzW what impact, if any, it will have on rim's "behind closed doors" meetings

10-01-10 07:53 AM
    Hmmm. I wonder if refusing to deploy ends and exclusivity for future models. I can see why they refused it as it is simply a stop gap. Hopefully this will force rim to get a QNX touch phone to market sooner, and without an exclusive deal.
    10-01-10 08:14 AM
    Hmmm. I wonder if refusing to deploy ends and exclusivity for future models.
    I wondered the same thing.
    10-01-10 08:16 AM
    anybody else notice AT&T advertising the torch like crazy and being buddy buddy with Blackberry....

big red seems to be doing the opposite but I think this is a great move to Verizon and this forces Blackberry to deliver...

I am on board with waiting till next year for a real Storm 3 device or something similiar with real specs
    10-01-10 09:26 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD