Well, if you sign up for new service with Verizon beginning November 15 2009 or later, that early termination fee is about to start hurting much worse. According to Boy Genius Report, Verizon is preparing to double its ETF to a whopping $350 if you cancel your service before your contract is up. For users with a simple calling plan, that amount of money can be close to the fees for a year's worth of service.

Oh, there's a little bone thrown in there for you: For every month of your contract fulfilled, the company knocks $10 off the ETF. Great deal? Hardly: Cancel your 24-month contract in the 23rd month and you're still on the hook for a $120 termination fee.

So i would like to know what you othe users think of this ??????
    12-20-09 08:11 PM
    12-20-09 08:12 PM
    I love the idea. Heck, they have the best service. Right? Then people should pay for it! If you don't agree, there are several other options out there.
    12-20-09 08:13 PM
    Ok so this has been being posted about for over a month now. And the topic has been about beaten to death and spawned a few new rivalries. There are still a few threads out there that discuss people's opinions on the topic. Take a look around and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.
    12-20-09 08:15 PM
    Yes, this is pretty old news, and is a fact, which means you didn't even have to put it in the "rumors" forum. For additional reading, checkout BGR...

Verizon Wireless responds to FCC complaint regarding its early termination fee and Mobile Web charges � Boy Genius Report
    12-20-09 08:16 PM
    Welcome to 2 months ago. WTF?
    12-20-09 08:21 PM
    That's crazy! I can't believe I didn't know this!!!
    12-20-09 08:30 PM
    Nice first post. ALL forums on the internet have a search function. To save yourself the spamming of negative comments, including my own, its a helpful tool.
    12-20-09 10:02 PM
    12-20-09 10:27 PM
    Yeah, Verizon has been doing this for a while. Just to clarify on one thing, it's only smartphone contracts that carry the $350 fee, dumbphone contracts still have the existing $175.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 10:29 PM
    Wait, whut??
    12-20-09 11:42 PM
    haha nice.
    12-21-09 02:57 PM
    You guys scared BBVision off.
    12-21-09 09:55 PM
    LMAO! now thats too bad!
    12-26-09 11:43 AM
    No doubt with all the hard work perpetually put into this site CB appreciates new members being ridiculed, driven away and the CB reputation put on a path to being trashed.

I didn't know about this development, either. Real life gets in the way of some of us tracking every last detail of cellular news that rolls out. Topic beaten to death or not, thnx to those those that spent their time offering a little worthwhile input.

And thanks for the heads up, BBVision.
    Welcome to Crackberry.
    12-26-09 07:20 PM
    No doubt with all the hard work perpetually put into this site CB appreciates new members being ridiculed, driven away and the CB reputation put on a path to being trashed.

I didn't know about this development, either. Real life gets in the way of some of us tracking every last detail of cellular news that rolls out. Topic beaten to death or not, thnx to those those that spent their time offering a little worthwhile input.

And thanks for the heads up, BBVision.
    Welcome to Crackberry.
    Honestly I was getting ready to post a friggen HILARIOUS pic about old news. Then I read your post. And you know what? You're absolutely right. It's easy for me to get caught up in the minutia of day to day technology happenings; if I didn't I wouldn't be effective in my job. But you accurately point out that not everyone lives in the same bubble. Thanks.

I'll save the pic to ridicule someone else

Kidding...
    12-26-09 07:49 PM
    I will take a 350 cancellation fee over my FIVE HUNDERED(400 Voice< 100 Data) Cancellation fee! ILL TRADE MY FEE FOR YOURS, Mums the word!

Lol.

Dayumn.. 350... sounds heavenly.
    12-26-09 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD