I've read in other threads of people actually paying full retail in Canada and activating the phone in the US on Tmobile and AT&T. Now thats a little extreme to me but if enough people do it the move could force those carriers hands in releasing it earlier for fear of losing sales. I know If your on Verizon or Sprint you don't have that option. You have to get the phone from them.
    02-01-13 06:02 PM
    always count on someone contradicting you.... (FWIW, it wasn't on the home page when I was looking yesterday, I had to use their search to find anything on the Z10)

Thanks for the correction anyway...

And again it was on there Wednesday. My wife signed up just after 11am. I signed up when I got home from work. It was there. Sorry you couldn't see it. But I know what I saw. Unlike some I don't get on here to stir the pot and make things up.
    02-02-13 10:24 AM
    And again it was on there Wednesday. My wife signed up just after 11am. I signed up when I got home from work. It was there. Sorry you couldn't see it. But I know what I saw. Unlike some I don't get on here to stir the pot and make things up.
    No you're right. I saw second that.
    02-02-13 10:29 AM
    Vice versa. Switching to T-Mobile to save $$.
    but with no subsidizing you're paying basically full price for the phone -_-
    02-02-13 11:28 AM
    You're absolutely correct. I'm an AT&T customer but I signed up for their Z10 updates, Verizon's and T-Mobile's all within minutes of the launch event's conclusion on Wednesday morning.
    02-02-13 01:35 PM
    You're absolutely correct. I'm an AT&T customer but I signed up for their Z10 updates, Verizon's and T-Mobile's all within minutes of the launch event's conclusion on Wednesday morning.
    I did the same thing! Although I have no plans to leave tmobile as my 30 per month phone bill is unbeatable!!
    02-02-13 01:37 PM
    Wow, gee... and there's ZERO possibility that when he visited, it really wasn't there?
    flyingsolid likes this.
    02-02-13 02:12 PM
    Wow, gee... and there's ZERO possibility that when he visited, it really wasn't there?

Been on VZW site a few times since Wed. The link has been near the bottom every time. So I would count the probability as slim to none.
    02-02-13 02:24 PM

Meh....

02-02-13 03:07 PM

Meh....

Wow OM sounds like a complete douchee bag

BTW, VZW dropped it from the main page shorty after it was displayed then brought it back up some time later. I think it was days between these gaps.
    02-02-13 05:28 PM
    Verizon has put the Z10 on its homepage. Now it just takes you to the page to sign up for updates, but it wasn't there yesterday.......

Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless

Attachment 133508
    That was there right after the launch. I signed up for the emails.
    02-02-13 05:45 PM
    HAHAHAHAHA,

They jacked the price up due to demand in the UK. $199, not $149 as I was expecting.
    02-02-13 06:07 PM
    Amazing. I speak the truth and I'm the one in the wrong. Have fun guys. Keep showing CB how its done.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    02-02-13 06:43 PM
    HAHAHAHAHA,

They jacked the price up due to demand in the UK. $199, not $149 as I was expecting.
    Nope. Its been $199 since announced. They tweeted the link to the press release around 10:30a or so Wednesday. But I'm sure I will be told I'm wrong again and that it didn't happen.
    02-02-13 06:46 PM
    I've read in other threads of people actually paying full retail in Canada and activating the phone in the US on Tmobile and AT&T. Now thats a little extreme to me but if enough people do it the move could force those carriers hands in releasing it earlier for fear of losing sales. I know If your on Verizon or Sprint you don't have that option. You have to get the phone from them.
    They would lose the sale but still get that monthly service fee! So really no motivation to "hurry"
    02-02-13 07:09 PM
    They would lose the sale but still get that monthly service fee! So really no motivation to "hurry"
    Yeah. They actually lose money on the phone in exchange for the long contract. They'd be fine with not subsidizing the phone and still collecting the monthly bill...
    02-02-13 07:48 PM
    Amazing. I speak the truth and I'm the one in the wrong. Have fun guys. Keep showing CB how its done.
    Someone said you were wrong?
    02-02-13 09:25 PM
    I was told by Verizon that the only way I could keep my unlimited data was to pay full retail for the phone. So thats what I am going to do. Btw the guy said it would launch "first quarter" Thats all he knew.
    02-02-13 10:39 PM
    I was told by Verizon that the only way I could keep my unlimited data was to pay full retail for the phone. So thats what I am going to do. Btw the guy said it would launch "first quarter" Thats all he knew.
    Most of the time it works out to about the same either way, sometimes even more if you take the phone on a contract.
    They know most people would rather pay monthly because $600 upfront is a lot to most people, so they divy up the $600 over 3 years plus an additional interest rate, and that is the premium you pay on your plan.

Some companies have promos that give you service credits if you don't get a phone(or if you get a really cheap phone), but you do sign a contract.

I guess you're just on an awesome grandfathered unlimited data plan, so they don't want you to be on it in the first place.
    02-02-13 11:20 PM
    Well what the guy did'nt tell you is you have to upgrade to a new plan to utilize the LTE. May as well get a new phone for the $199 contract price. Your current plan isn't compatiable with LTE devices. Thats the story I was told when I added my daughter onto my family plan that I was grandfathered into also when I got her a S3 for Xmas.The only exception might be is if you are currently on an unlimited LTE plan....then you should be good.
    02-04-13 12:11 AM
    Well what the guy did'nt tell you is you have to upgrade to a new plan to utilize the LTE. May as well get a new phone for the $199 contract price. Your current plan isn't compatiable with LTE devices. Thats the story I was told when I added my daughter onto my family plan that I was grandfathered into also when I got her a S3 for Xmas.The only exception might be is if you are currently on an unlimited LTE plan....then you should be good.
    I think you got swindled. The unlimited data grandfather plans will work for LTE
    02-04-13 12:27 AM

I'm not sure anyone is arguing truth here.

You saw it when you were there

I didn't see it when I was there. (I signed up for the emails by searching for Z10 from the VZW homepage, not by using said link)

For all we know, we could have been hitting different servers......

If you'll go back to read my earlier post, you'll notice I said "thanks for the correction".
    02-04-13 08:20 AM
    I don't care when/where/how I can sign up for notification e-mails about the device. VERIZON - JUST GET THE PHONE AND SELL IT TO US!!!
    Spencerdl, DINGSTER1 and kfh227 like this.
    02-04-13 08:36 AM
    I think you got swindled. The unlimited data grandfather plans will work for LTE
    I was going to switch regardless because I was going to save money, but I have asked about that several times and was told the same thing everytime. If I upgraded to a LTE phone the unlimited data plan was not compatiable with it.
    02-04-13 01:44 PM
    I think right now, there should be a rush of urgency on behalf of the US carriers to see who gets the Z10 out first.

Just by looking at the forums and seeing and reading news about how the Z10 is delayed in the US, there's ALOT of demand for this phone.

Whoever is out first...will probably get quite a bit of new subscribers.

All it takes is ONE carrier and the rest will follow.

I really hope US carrier launch comes quicker. I'm very curious to see the numbers of sales, as well as word of mouth tweets, FB posts, articles, blogs etc. that comes out after people have actually used the device.
    There was an interview that said the US carriers were each trying to be the first to come out with the z10. That's encouraging.
    02-05-13 04:15 AM
55 123