I have an 8330 curve--Verizon. I can upgrade I guess to the Bold and the newer Curve--any suggestions? I email (a lot) but also want to download some apps, use IM, facebook, you tube, etc..and have a decent camera...any suggestions? I'd like to stick with BB --instead of droid or Iphoe..Thanks!
    05-12-11 08:14 PM
    If you can wait a few months the new Bold Touch 9930 should be released on Verizon. At least that is what we all are expecting (no formal announcement yet). The 9930 should do all of your priority items better than either of the current BB's for sale. Check out the 9900/9930 section of the forum for additional info.

If you need a new phone now, I would try to purchase a Bold 9650 from Craigslist or Ebay until the new Bold Touch is released. Camera and overall performance of the Bold are much better than the Curve. Good luck.
    05-12-11 08:32 PM
    You should definitely hold your upgrade for the newer lineup of BBs coming out. Just get a used Bold 9650 or Curve 9330 to hold you over.
    05-12-11 11:32 PM
    You should definitely hold your upgrade for the newer lineup of BBs coming out. Just get a used Bold 9650 or Curve 9330 to hold you over.
    + 1000

With new devices coming out in the next few months it makes no sense to burn an upgrade. The phones you mentioned may already be discontinued by vzw and are only being sold while supplies last. Moreover, no more 1 year contracts at vzw so there is no point in getting stuck with an os 6 device for 2 years.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-11 06:50 AM
    Wait for the new devices. You'll thank us and yourself for doing so.
    05-13-11 09:55 AM
    I agree, wait a couple months for the new Bold. You are wasting an upgrade if you use it now on the current Bold. Trust me, I have it and love it, but it is more than a year old and already outdated. The new Bold will be a great phone, the old Bold was a great phone.
    05-13-11 10:00 AM
    Agree wait for the newer devices either the 9930 Bold Touch, or the all Touch 9850.
    05-13-11 01:00 PM
    9650 is okay, but I would so wait as I have the 9650 and am gunna buy the 9930 when it is released anyways.
    05-13-11 01:02 PM
    I just burned my upgrade on the year old 9650. Why? Personal preference. I have no use for a touch screen, those are more of a toy then a phone. The new Bold Touch from what I see will be the same damn phone I have now except the screen will also be able to be used to make selections as well as the keyboard. Big whoopie. As far as the OS, RIM hasnt even gotten OS 6 down pat yet, why would I want to venture in yet another OS. Just another viewpoint.
    05-15-11 07:54 AM
    I just burned my upgrade on the year old 9650. Why? Personal preference. I have no use for a touch screen, those are more of a toy then a phone. The new Bold Touch from what I see will be the same damn phone I have now except the screen will also be able to be used to make selections as well as the keyboard. Big whoopie. As far as the OS, RIM hasnt even gotten OS 6 down pat yet, why would I want to venture in yet another OS. Just another viewpoint.
    The new BT has a lot bettr processor than the 9650. A lot more to it than just a touch screen. It will be far from a toy. It will be a very productive device!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-11 10:13 PM
    Screen is bigger, keyboard is bigger, camera is better, more memory, better processor, NFC (if you're into that sort of thing), has a good dedicated GPU... OS6 is dead- it sucked while it lasted, and now it's been left in the dust. OS7 is the new deal... does it make sense to buy an old phone with a crappy OS because they never made the crappy OS good? Bad purchase if you ask me.
    05-15-11 10:30 PM
    if you dont wanna wait for the new phones, the Bold 9650 is the only phone of their current lineup i would get.
    05-15-11 10:54 PM
    Screen is bigger, keyboard is bigger, camera is better, more memory, better processor, NFC (if you're into that sort of thing), has a good dedicated GPU... OS6 is dead- it sucked while it lasted, and now it's been left in the dust. OS7 is the new deal... does it make sense to buy an old phone with a crappy OS because they never made the crappy OS good? Bad purchase if you ask me.
    From a bit over a year ago:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/if...it-one-348830/

Sound familiar?

When thinking in terms of practicality, I don't believe it was a bad purchase. I needed a new phone, my upgrade was up, I bought the latest BlackBerry (no budging on phone brand) that VZW offered. It has way more memory then my Tour and a few added features like WiFi, and the trackpad. I will likely never use WiFi as I already pay for a data plan, and it is more memory then I will ever use. The whole practical allure of the Bold Touch, save for BB7, is the increased memory and faster processor. And even that will probably be used by most people as a wiener measuring contest anyway. I cannot count how many folks I know with other platforms with intoxicating amounts of memory that have apps out the wahzoo installed and never touch a quarter of the memory available, and they never use a quarter of the apps either. I have only used BB6 for a week or so now, but it seems stable, is functional and i have had no problems. Overall, I am happy. I was only offering an objective opinion, as I refuse to sit and suffer a dying phone or spend extra money on a device to "hold me over" until the release date only to be disappointed as many seem to be with the 9650. This is also the reason I wont buy a car its first year of a model makeover.
    Last edited by bigdaddyII; 05-16-11 at 09:17 AM.
    05-16-11 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD