My wife's 8330 GPS does not work with BB Maps. I have read on many threads that is should work fine.

Settings are as follows

Option > Advanced Options > GPS
    GPS Data Source - Device GPS
    GPS Service - Location On

But in BB Maps > Options > GPS Source I don't have the option for "Internal GPS" like my Storm.

I have done battery pull, HRT register, and resent the service books after changing GPS to Location On, but still no options for Internal GPS.

Does the GPS not work on the out of the box OS (4.3.0.127), or have I missed something?
    05-23-09 12:52 AM
    You need 4.5.0.77 or higher for GPS in BB Maps on Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 12:56 AM
    Thanks xlide for quick response.

I was hoping that wasn't the answer. My wife will kill me if I screw up any of her setting on her baby, so I will go search around in the OS board for all the details on backing up 3rd party apps, and installing a newer OS.

Is that OS (or any above what she has now) supported by Verizon?
    05-23-09 01:01 AM
    Check out this thread for info on the 4.5 OS for the 8330 and also how to upgrade. Essentially, it's very difficult to screw up a BB so don't be too worried. Just make sure you follow the instructions well.
    05-23-09 01:05 AM
    Thanks Savio! I'll check it out tomorrow when I'm not so tired. Best not to try an upgrade when I'm half asleep right?
    05-23-09 01:10 AM
    I had 4.5.0.138 on my 8330 and it was great. Def would recommend that!
    05-23-09 01:50 AM
    The only 4,5 OS supported by Verizon is 4.5.0.77. Upgrade to anything else, and you probably want to keep a copy of .77 on your PC to downgrade to in case you ever need to take the Curve back for any problems.

The easiest way to get the 4.5 official Verizon OS on your wife's Curve would be to go to verizonwireless.com and do the online upgrade to 4.5. Just give yourself about 3.5 hours to do the upgrade, and a broadband internet connection is a must.

05-23-09 02:00 AM
    Thanks everyone for your quick responses. I will get the official VZW OS.

Weird we just got her phone in March and it had the OS she has now.

05-23-09 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD