South Jersey/Philly area - fuhgeddaboutit !
    Not here !
    07-01-13 12:47 PM
    HELL NO NY

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    07-01-13 12:55 PM
    [QUOTE=mkbbryfan;8741622]"[
    Verizon is not waiting on BlackBerry, Verizon is waiting on itself.

BlackBerry 10.1 update was given to Verizon around a month ago as with several of the other carriers. Verizon was originally going to release it mid June but decided to "do more testing".
    BlackBerry did their part, now Verizon needs to do theirs. Once BlackBerry gives the update to the provider, it's out of their hands. " ]

I thought the same thing until - 1) Verizon support claimed that once they give the green light for the software, it is then pushed out through BlackBerry's servers. And 2) judging by the fiasco that happened with AT&T about a week ago, when an update was pushed out and then it was pulled, with Blackberry issuing an apology... it looks like it really does come from BlackBerry "once they get approval from the carrier"...
    Can someone on the Crackberry team look into this please and let us know what is going on?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I was on the phone with verizon support and I asked him about the 10.1 update and he said they were waiting on blackberry. I told him how could that be because I received a message from blackberry telling me there was a update for my device a long while ago. It was the version that had the 60 battery improvements etc.. but when I went to update my device it said I have the latest software. So he 3way called blackberry and he told the guy my situation, info and his info and asked him if he could try and get me the 10.1 update. The blackberry support told me the update was sent to verizon but wasn't available yet due to their testing and then how they choose to distribute it. He then told me to give them probably a couple weeks and they should have it ready by then. I brought up the AT&T thing and he said the carriers get the updates and then proceed to test it out until they feel it's how they want it and different carriers have different qualifications they feel it must meet.

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    07-01-13 01:13 PM
    If I go and get the 10.1 leak that's out there and don't like it, can I restore back to 10.0.9.422 if I wanted to, and just wait again until this is pushed to us?
    07-01-13 04:42 PM
    If I go and get the 10.1 leak that's out there and don't like it, can I restore back to 10.0.9.422 if I wanted to, and just wait again until this is pushed to us?
    It's not that easy. BBLink will not restore to an older OS version so everything you have on 10.1 won't be able to go on 10.0
    07-01-13 08:15 PM
    It's not that easy. BBLink will not restore to an older OS version so everything you have on 10.1 won't be able to go on 10.0
    Unless you edit the manifest xml in your back up to the lower os #.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10!
    eninrebmun likes this.
    07-01-13 09:21 PM
    As of 12:51pm. I have the 'latest' software. 10.0.9.422

Baltimore
    Hahahahahaha.
    07-01-13 09:32 PM
    Illinois. No update here.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 10:51 PM
    When it hits crackberry will have it on the blog. I'd watch there as a first step.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    07-02-13 01:24 AM
    So if I'm on a leak & VZW decides to release their official version of 10.1, how would I get to it?
    07-02-13 08:32 AM
    Fragmented OS updates created by the BlackBerry controlled by the carriers in the USA. If that isn't a recipe for failure I don't know what is.

People, don't wait. Load a leak or an official from another carrier. Don't be held hostage by your carrier. Break free. During independence week, declare your freedom from their tyranny! Rise up and update!

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    OMG, A M E N!

Why are you people waiting for VZW??? Two VZW Z10's here and both on 10.1.0.2354; a leaked OS from these forums. No issues at ALL! My wife's White Z suffered from the rebooting/freezing issues on 10.0 but guess what, not any more!
    I am NEVER waiting for a carrier, ever again!
    eninrebmun likes this.
    07-02-13 09:39 AM
    I got it................................................ ......not

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 11:02 AM
    OMG, A M E N!

Why are you people waiting for VZW??? Two VZW Z10's here and both on 10.1.0.2354; a leaked OS from these forums. No issues at ALL! My wife's White Z suffered from the rebooting/freezing issues on 10.0 but guess what, not any more!
    I am NEVER waiting for a carrier, ever again!
    Though I can agree with exactly what your saying, I did have a problem with 2354 and call drops/bad reception. Rolled back to the Verizon Official because of it. So I can be a little bit of pain in the rear.
    07-02-13 11:07 AM
    At least now the page on Verizon has been updated to say " Coming Soon" LOL LOL
    eninrebmun and web99 like this.
    07-02-13 11:22 AM
    Thanks for the find!
    So now we are back to where we started... at least I can stop hitting the "check for Update" button for a while...

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 01:27 PM
    Though I can agree with exactly what your saying, I did have a problem with 2354 and call drops/bad reception. Rolled back to the Verizon Official because of it. So I can be a little bit of pain in the rear.
    2354 is an outstanding OS, but I agree about the radio. might I suggest (if you give it another go) to try the 1917 or maybe the 1881 radio? Mine is quite stable. The only real difference between Z10s across the board (not including the STL100-1) is the CDMA radio in the 100-4 we use. While all radio files will "work" -- some are pretty much crap, and others are very good. I have a collection of radios, and three of them were designed specifically for Verizon. http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-3-4-a-811099/ Radio 1917 is a Verizon radio, and seems to be very popular. The beauty of using an autoloader to install a radio file is that it won't affect any of your data. I am switching them around all the time, but I keep going back to 1881. Add to that loading apps like the clock from 10.2 (multiple alarms!) and camera from 10.2 and you can have a setup that's better than anything Verizon will release "officially" anyway.

Forgive me if you already knew all this and have tried different radios, aside from the one that came in your 2354 package. I haven't seen many (if any?) go back to 10.0.9.x after getting a good setup running.

The *only* reason I am looking forward to whichever release Verizon is sitting on is that I want to add that radio to my collection, and try it out. ;-)

p.s. thanks for making me feel old; your avatar reminds me that I saw DRI play in, I think, 1986. Geez that's a long time ago. Great show though!
    07-02-13 04:27 PM
    How did you rollback to Verizon Official? That's what I need to do!
    07-02-13 09:47 PM
    Verizon is not waiting on BlackBerry, Verizon is waiting on itself.

BlackBerry 10.1 update was given to Verizon around a month ago as with several of the other carriers. Verizon was originally going to release it mid June but decided to "do more testing".
    BlackBerry did their part, now Verizon needs to do theirs. Once BlackBerry gives the update to the provider, it's out of their hands.

FYI: Don't waste your time by checking the phone's software update in settings as you will not be able to get it anytime before Verizon sends you a notification that it is available.
    Why frustrate yourself...
    True BlackBerry gave them a few updates but they failed carrier testing. They picked the better version and told BlackBerry to fix it.

Thus, we wait.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-02-13 10:07 PM
    That's a good sign. Hopefully "soon" for them means within a couple days.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    07-03-13 04:10 AM
    I've been trying to find a leaked version but all the so called links are dead.
    07-03-13 01:10 PM
    New York still NO!

Loving my awesome Z10 baby!
    07-03-13 01:59 PM
46 12