Did you guys watch this? They were talking about BB10 all the time, and how they would choose Windows Phone over it. I think many of their key points made sense, but they are too small they could probably be fixed in 10.1 update.

1- BB Hub: They were complaining that if they received and email for example and you check it and exit, the next time you get an another notif it will take them back to the email - I think this could be fixed with a small patch. But it creates an another problem: Lets say you check the email and wanted to check the browser and go back and forth between them. If you would go back into your hub the email would be closed, so the it will be bad multitasking. Apparently email on Windows Phone is better!! I thought BBs were about email.

2- Apps: They also stressed on the bad quality of android ported apps, and how BlackBerry should abandon this feature. Also missing apps like Netflix, Spotify, Instagram and other apps is crucial for consumers.

3- Battery life: Josh said the battery life is horrible in compared to other 4g phones. I actually didnt see anyone yet complaining about the battery life; Maybe it is a special case for him?

4- Design: Another thing they hated about it, is that BB did not spend any efforts on design in both hardware and software wise. The Z10 looks similar to the iPhone. Moreover, UI and menus are inconsistent, ugly and carry hidden features. They said that hiding buttons is unnecessary and they should bring buttons back.

5- The overall atmosphere: They were impressed by the new phone and OS but it is not enough, not much that even Windows Phone is better.

What is your opinion?

02-03-13 06:07 AM
    Josh Topolsky, someone who's generally not a fan of BlackBerry, reluctantly chose Windows Phone 8 compared to BB 10, an OS less than a week old? Not too bad.
    southlander likes this.
    02-03-13 06:14 AM
    did you really watch this whole thing?
    personally.. i think these guys are SO dumb, unfunny and just annoying... their reviews (Wii U, etc.) are absolutely horrible

i once didn't go to sleep because i wanted to watch their online show (because of a thorsten heins interview - had to watch the whole show, because the interview was at the end) - i have never seen something more horrendous.. a complete waste of time.. it was that dude wearing the glasses and i've never seen such pathetic attempts at being funny
    bgr, theverge, engadget... *puke*

/rant

edit: they actually gave the playstation vita a 8.5 rating...that should be enough to destroy any credibility they had left (which they didn't)
    Last edited by Seijuro; 02-03-13 at 06:30 AM.
    02-03-13 06:14 AM
    I'm not sure I'd go as far as their conclusion that "WP is better" but the general sentiment that it isn't *quite* there for android/iOS users in terms of getting them to swap is in line with most of the reviews.

It's certain worth watching to make up your own mind about their views as they discuss something in quite a bit of detail in regards to differing paradigms for notifications and the like.
    02-03-13 06:25 AM
    Well ya, I dont agree with everything they say. However, I like to see how everyone thinks about BB10 sometimes they are right about some stuff.
    As you guys I dont think WP8 has a great future as like BB10, but we are CrackBerry addicts, we have to listen what other people are saying. We cant just say everyone else is Dumb.
    Dapper37 and AT_Nepal like this.
    02-03-13 06:32 AM
    not saying everyone else is dumb, i'm just saying that i really think these guys have no clue what they're talking about

im not saying that after listening to the above video, im saying that without listening to it
    if you've read their wii u review, their playstation vita review you'd know what im talking about - i've read so many bad articles by them it's sad

im sure they made some valid points, but if i want a comprehensive review...an unbiased review.. i'll visit other sites
    in my opinion theverge is pretty bad and therefore i just don't waste my time listening to their crap or reading it, same goes for engadget and bgr

again.. not saying that bb10 is perfect or that they're completely wrong.. experience just taught me that i shouldn't waste my time listening to their stuff!
    02-03-13 06:38 AM
    I watch theverge sometimes. I found their Apple vs Samsung coverage to be great. Josh Topolsky annoys me though, he is often very opionated & if he doesnt agree with something, he won't change his mind, no matter what proof is is put in front of him. He doesn't like BB so I knew that his review would be negative even B4 BB10 came out...that's why I never bothered to check the verge this week when reading BB10 reviews. I have nothing against people having negative BB10 reviews...some may like them & some may not. I have a problem with people who don't like the phones becuase they are from BlackBerry. Stick a half eaten apple on that phone & Josh would have gone on & on about how inovative Apple was in once again completely changing the smartphone.
    02-03-13 06:45 AM
    13 mins in he pretty much says the OS forces you to deal with a notification when it comes up. . . some off here. . . that's exactly what the OS DOES NOT do. . .I agree the HUB takes some getting use to and that it isn't 100% perfected but to say WP8 is better is just being petty. . .
    02-03-13 07:42 AM
    2- Apps: They also stressed on the bad quality of android ported apps, and how BlackBerry should abandon this feature. Also missing apps like Netflix, Spotify, Instagram and other apps is crucial for consumers.
    OK, so Android apps are crap. Got it.
    flyingsolid and dentynefire like this.
    02-03-13 07:58 AM
    And the reason I should care what those three think when making MY mobile decision is .... ???

Oh, Ok. I shouldn't care what they think as it's MY choice

Si.
    02-03-13 08:11 AM
    OK, so Android apps are crap. Got it.
    Android apps running in a gingerbread emulator on a completely different OS are crap. Got it.
    mikeo007, Moonbase0ne and Drew808 like this.
    02-03-13 08:36 AM
    anyone who has a playbook will know how bad the android player is. and the horror of downloading a paid app only to find out it's of android nature and badly optimised.

given that the sdk is so good, devs who are willing to optimise their android apps would spend that time creating a native one instead.

as of now, the android player and the widely reported mediocre battery life puts the z10 on par with probably a 3GS. blackberry should remove the android player and license the os to samsung cheaply enough to entice them to build bb10 phones.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-03-13 09:16 AM
    The review/comparison of WP and Z10 said it all for me. Why would I care what their personal preferences are?
    02-03-13 09:20 AM
    I like the Vergecast and they are funny at times but to be real, they've always had a thing against BlackBerry so I take their criticism with a grain of salt.
    02-03-13 09:20 AM
    BlackBerry will sell more BlackBerry 10 phones in the US this year than Windows Phone devices will sell from multiple manufacturers, even with Windows having a three month head start. Also I'll predict that Blackberry will sell more smart phones this year than Windows Phone devices sell total. It's great that it WP gets all the great press and is a darling of the tech bloggers, but that hasn't translated to sales for them in a couple years.
    dentynefire likes this.
    02-03-13 09:34 AM
    BlackBerry will sell more BlackBerry 10 phones in the US this year than Windows Phone devices will sell from multiple manufacturers, even with Windows having a three month head start. Also I'll predict that Blackberry will sell more smart phones this year than Windows Phone devices sell total. It's great that it WP gets all the great press and is a darling of the tech bloggers, but that hasn't translated to sales for them in a couple years.
    that's a very bold assumption. for all you know, tizen might come from behind and take over as 3rd or even 2nd if there is mass adoption in asia

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-03-13 10:21 AM
    Agree. WP sales are 4-5X year over year but since the previous sales were abysmal that still isn't stellar - but good for them lmao

I can certainly see BB catching up and surpassing WP easily, BB10 is just a better experience and has more potential from what I see
    02-03-13 10:44 AM