I should be awarded the most sarcastic title of 2014 with the above.

Seriously!!! There is an article on The Verge now regarding this Telegram messaging service.

A quote from the article go as such.

"Users could have switched to Kik, or Facebook Messenger, or LINE ? all of which have hundreds of millions of users."

LINE!? What the heck is LINE. For them not mention BBM just reeks of conspiracy.

Am I wrong? Check the article out here Why Telegram has become the hottest messaging app in the world | The Verge

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 02:57 AM
    Vergans gonna Verge. Haters gonna hate. It's no surprise, it's what they do. Not sure when people will realize that but I hope its soon cause I'm tired of seeing "The Verge" on CB. As I always say, I love their long form content but no one goes there for BlackBerry news. You only go there for BlackBerry news if you want bad BlackBerry news. As for the BBM thing, just like their thoughts on BlackBerry.. a lot of them think it's dead.
    02-26-14 03:04 AM
    The Verge is always spinning and cherrypicking news about BlackBerry - it's just like that.

Most recent example was when Chen in an interview stated that he would, just as WhatsApp, sign a deal if FB was to offer him $19B for BBM. You could tell from the interview that Chen said it with a smile, acknowledging that BBM isn't anywhere close to $19B in value of course.

The Verge titled "BlackBerry CEO focuses on turnaround, but says he'd sell BBM for $19 billion".

Or even better after the Q20 was announced:

"BlackBerry's new smartphone revives old buttons"

It's click (and bash) bait.
    sk8er_tor and fixit1971 like this.
    02-26-14 04:10 AM
    I don't want to be that one guy but Telegram is actually an amazing app I love how fast it is. Honestly it's faster than BBM because BBM lags once a message gets to certain length, it either needs to fix that or Telegram needs to get more feature filled.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-26-14 09:29 AM