it sucks because native BB10 apps destroy any other platforms native apps in usability and integration but I can't see BB10 getting any big devs to make their apps natively for BB10...

Apps are the argubly the biggest reason for BB10's downfall
    06-12-14 01:35 PM
    A very conservative portion of the risk if the Z3 has sold out as much as it appears to have.

Are either the Windermere or Classic FoxConn devcies?

I think FoxConn was more of a ... we want to hire you to build us a device as inexpensive as possible so we can go after the Indonesia middle class.. And Chen taught that saying it was a partnership would play better.
    You don't sign 5 year contracts for ONE device.
    06-12-14 03:02 PM
    who/what is "the verge" ?
    Just the latest broken promisse on unbiased, professional, tech blogging.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    06-12-14 03:04 PM
    Wow, not much equivocation in his opinion of BlackBerry is there?! At least WP didn't fare much better in his clearly stated opinion. Pretty harsh, and I'm sure lots of people who don't know any better have just ruled out two operating systems solely on his say-so.
    06-12-14 04:14 PM
    Yes...harassing and attacking him on twitter (7 rapid fire tweets?) and by email is a FANTASTIC way to show how much better BB is and that BB fans are rational and in no way over the top.

Posted from who cares, because I have better things to do than care about what phone's in my hand or yours. It's a phone. Not important.
    Yes! I'll harass him. I don't have to show rationality

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 05:25 PM
    Who cares.

It's known that The Verge favors iOS and Android. So does the rest of the world according to sales figures.

Out of the 100+ people I have showed my Z10 to, only two close friends were interested enough to go out and buy one. The rest though it was cool but not enough for them to switch when you consider the massive difference in ecosystems and third party support. They also weren't trying to buy a device from a company that was trying to sell itself.
    06-12-14 05:37 PM
    Who cares.

It's known that The Verge favors iOS and Android. So does the rest of the world according to sales figures.

Out of the 100+ people I have showed my Z10 to, only two close friends were interested enough to go out and buy one. The rest though it was cool but not enough for them to switch when you consider the massive difference in ecosystems and third party support. They also weren't trying to buy a device from a company that was trying to sell itself.
    What a load of horse crack. That's the point. If I go on cosmos and I see that I wouldn't care but for a site that claims technology savviness, they deserve the ripping

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 06:07 PM
    What a load of horse crack. That's the point. If I go on cosmos and I see that I wouldn't care but for a site that claims technology savviness, they deserve the ripping

Posted via CB10
    What's the point? That only this website cares about BB10? So what if they are tech savvy. That doesn't mean they have to like or even acknowledge BB10s existence. It barely has any market penetration. Especially in the US (where the majority of The Verge's readers and staff are located). People should be happy BlackBerry even made the list. The Windows Phones and some of the Android devices get blasted as well.

I think BB10 is a great OS and is constantly getting better. My Z10 is awesome besides the battery life. I am not offended by this article one bit. As it stands, I would not recommend the platform to anyone over the big two. BB10 has the least amount of support out all four main OS available.
    TBone4eva, Witmen and redrabbt like this.
    06-12-14 06:22 PM
    The tweets could have been combined. Sending a sentence at a time isn't character limit. But I was more concerned about the other poster who posted the authors email address and encouraged people to use it to tell him off... Which has unfortunately happened before by others on this site and led to some rather embarrassing behaviour that made CB look terrible and it's users unhinged.

Sent from who cares, it shouldn't matter.
    You mean it doesn't promote and sell more Blackberrys? Weird.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    06-12-14 06:58 PM
    The story lost it's credibility after the first sentence.... not for me anyways.

My cell phone is not the most important device I own. I would rank my car, 3 motorcycles, maybe even my bicycle, my dishwasher, fridge, stove, washer and dryer, and my computer all ahead of my cell phone.

To have the the overpriced, small, sd cardless iphone ranked no. 1, and not even include blackberry's Z30 as their representative phone is laughable at best. What a biased joke of an article.
    06-12-14 08:03 PM

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    I know. Weird right?

Sent from who cares, it shouldn't matter.
    06-12-14 08:25 PM
    I don�t think The Verge ever reviewed the Z30, which is probably the reason why it isn�t mentioned here. They only seem to include the latest major models of every brand they reviewed, even if prior models (e.g. Galaxy S4) had a better mark. They judge BlackBerry based on a device that was released more than a year ago (in fact, it�s the oldest device they list), and is not even the latest BlackBerry device, without taking the software updates into account. This column is nothing more than advertisement.
    I believe their assumption of a Blackberry is and always have been a phone with a keyboard. Either that or they are in smartphone ice age. Do they even know all-touches exists in the form of Z3, Z10, Z30?

I smell something fishy.
    06-12-14 08:29 PM
    The story lost it's credibility after the first sentence.... not for me anyways.

My cell phone is not the most important device I own. I would rank my car, 3 motorcycles, maybe even my bicycle, my dishwasher, fridge, stove, washer and dryer, and my computer all ahead of my cell phone.

To have the the overpriced, small, sd cardless iphone ranked no. 1, and not even include blackberry's Z30 as their representative phone is laughable at best. What a biased joke of an article.
    So you don't care.... But you do.

Some are positive, some are negative. In other words, people have differing opinions. Sounds pretty normal to me.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    06-12-14 08:31 PM
    Erm... have they even heard of or considered the Z30?

Geez, they're so out of date.
    Erm... Probably not, thanks to BlackBerry's brilliant (non)marketing campaign.

Posted from an ME173X
    06-12-14 08:44 PM
    What a joke... Oh well sucks to be them they'll never know what they are missing out on!
    06-12-14 11:08 PM
    the people who are posting about the Verge just reporting the facts about BB--wow!! we dont need to click the Verge, its right here on these pages.....at least its time you stop pretending to be a BB fan etc.,
    06-12-14 11:20 PM

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    .....its a pity I cant say what I wish....but you know what I think dont you?
    06-12-14 11:21 PM
    What's the point? That only this website cares about BB10? So what if they are tech savvy. That doesn't mean they have to like or even acknowledge BB10s existence. It barely has any market penetration. Especially in the US (where the majority of The Verge's readers and staff are located). People should be happy BlackBerry even made the list. The Windows Phones and some of the Android devices get blasted as well.

I think BB10 is a great OS and is constantly getting better. My Z10 is awesome besides the battery life. I am not offended by this article one bit. As it stands, I would not recommend the platform to anyone over the big two. BB10 has the least amount of support out all four main OS available.
    See I'm not caring what has "penetration". We are talking about an OS from BlackBerry here. Believe all you want about BlackBerry but they still have relevance in technology as long as their product is out there. Also again being technically savvy isn't following what's popular. Like I said if their article will be like what you described then what's the difference between them and cosmos or something else. I go their to get some nerd perspectives... not some crap that I could just see from looking around.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 11:34 PM
    I believe their assumption of a Blackberry is and always have been a phone with a keyboard. Either that or they are in smartphone ice age. Do they even know all-touches exists in the form of Z3, Z10, Z30?

I smell something fishy.
    They do. There is an in-depth review of Z10 from January 2013 and "first look" of Z30 from September 2013 on their website. I know it's hard to believe, but there are those who are well aware of the latest and greatest blackberry devices and still would prefer iOS or Android. Weird, right?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    06-13-14 05:07 AM
    See I'm not caring what has "penetration". We are talking about an OS from BlackBerry here. Believe all you want about BlackBerry but they still have relevance in technology as long as their product is out there. Also again being technically savvy isn't following what's popular. Like I said if their article will be like what you described then what's the difference between them and cosmos or something else. I go their to get some nerd perspectives... not some crap that I could just see from looking around.

Posted via CB10
    The Verge really isn't the best site for pure info. They are moving more toward the "culture" aspect of technology. They aren't going to talk about a product maybe 1% of their readers use. It doesn't provide them clicks. I don't know if you noticed, they are all about click bait. Some of the article titles there are insanely sensational. Josh barely even writes anything anymore.

All I am saying is The Verge has a target audience, and right now that is definitely not BlackBerry users. I really wouldn't put much into it, or go blasting the writer because honestly, he probably doesn't give a damn. David Pierce gets blasted in the comments section for his reviews all the time over some of the things he writes, yet he is still the one writing the reviews.
    06-13-14 06:41 AM
    That article was a personal opinion piece, no?
    Nope.

It's a big and massively influential American publication explicitly advising the general public to not touch a BlackBerry and just buy an iPhone. And if you can't pick that perfect phone because you want a bigger screen, then at least pick an HTC One M8 which resembles the iPhone with its stupid Design over everything else mentality the best.

OMG how I hate David Pierce's obsession with design and Apple. No fkng matter what this guy reviews and no matter which OEM, every second sentence boils down to design and how it catches up to Apple as a benchmark. VOMIT.
    neo158 likes this.
    06-13-14 07:06 AM
    I actually didn't find anything wrong with what was said. He was almost as dismissive of Windows Phone as well. Looking at the video it is clear that the basis of the article is what phone the average consumer is going to be happy with over the course of their two year contract. If we are honest with ourselves then we have to admit that being with BlackBerry requires sacrifices and workarounds that phones like the iPhone, HTC One or S5 don't require. Yes, BlackBerry is working to remedy their weaknesses, but they exist and we should acknowledge it. The average consumer just wants a phone that works.

The fact that he brought up BlackBerry at all is a win since it still means that it has some relevance even as he tries to discount it. The Q10 actually got decent scores and was right there with Windows Phone. Like he said, "there really isn't a bad smartphone anymore". The Z30 wouldn't have gotten much better scores (Maybe a 7.5) because the eco-system is still a big negative just like Windows Phone.
    avt123 and twiggyrj like this.
    06-13-14 07:33 AM
97 ... 234