I found similar threads related to my problem, however, none really answered my problem. I got email from BB stating I need to validate my password for my hotmail account, instructions sound simple enough, however, when I entered my user name and password it told me my password was invalid, I'm assuming the password they're requesting is my hotmail account password so I know it is correct. Then I tried the "forgot your password?" link, it stated that it had delivered my password to my device.......where???? I did not receive an email with it. Now I get a message : Your account has been locked. Please try again after the lockout period has expired or call customer care. Turned the phone off and tried again after about an hour - same message. Called AT&T they were totally clueless and transferred me to BB who were also totally useless, woman told me she could transfer me to BB technical support for $49.00 Really???? BB screws up my email and then have the nerve to request $49.00 to fix it! Please, if somebody could help me I would REALLY appreciate it.
    11-12-10 07:40 PM
    I recently had the same problem with my hotmail account, I received the email stating I had to "Validate my Password". I entered my correct information in and it said "invalid" and locked me out. I call Verizon (I know you had AT&T) and they tranferred me to Blackberry Tech Support. Blackberry Tech Support asked for my email and password and were able to validate the account. Verizon does not charge for this service, I am surprised AT&T does I have never heard of that happening. My best advise for you is to find the number to Blackberry and call them direct with out going through AT&T. I belive the phone number for Blackbery is (585)-321-7650, if it asks for any extention enter 2362 that was a Tech I dealt with one of the times I had contacted them. I hope this helps and good luck.
    11-12-10 07:59 PM
    If login works via browser or on PC then remove and readd the email account
    11-12-10 08:10 PM
    I recently had the same problem with my hotmail account, I received the email stating I had to "Validate my Password". I entered my correct information in and it said "invalid" and locked me out. I call Verizon (I know you had AT&T) and they tranferred me to Blackberry Tech Support. Blackberry Tech Support asked for my email and password and were able to validate the account. Verizon does not charge for this service, I am surprised AT&T does I have never heard of that happening. My best advise for you is to find the number to Blackberry and call them direct with out going through AT&T. I belive the phone number for Blackbery is (585)-321-7650, if it asks for any extention enter 2362 that was a Tech I dealt with one of the times I had contacted them. I hope this helps and good luck.
    Thanks, I'm going to try to deal with this tomorrow - they (AT&T) transferred me to BB and the woman I spoke w/ at BB told me she could transfer me to tech support but that there was a $49 per problem charge, so it was BB that was going to charge me NOT AT&T. I'll try the number you noted or try AT&T again and see if they have some type of BB tech support. Thanks again
    11-12-10 08:36 PM
    I had this problem with my AOL a couple days ago. I fixed it by simply CHANGING the password using the computer then I used the new password to validate. Worked for me..hope it does for you too. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-10 05:42 AM
    You could also try to validate it on the computer (instead of the device) using your carrier's BIS site. Might work that way.
    11-13-10 06:35 AM
    yes. for people having trouble, try changing password on computer, then validate.
    11-13-10 12:13 PM
    Or simply try validating on the computer without even changing the password.
    11-13-10 12:32 PM
    Problem solved! Finally got someone at AT&T BB tech support that knew what they were talking about - had to reset PW (on computer, not BB) and now all is good I wasn't able to do it because for some reason (maybe too many attempts) I was locked out.
    11-14-10 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD