Thanks for taking the time to read this question.

I wouldn't mind being about to check ESPN, CrackBerry or maybe even Facebook .. the list is huge on what's blocked .. (And I'm not talking about checking any "blue" sites that's not my style) ....while I'm on vacation but my IT policy on my BES prevents this. My question is can I back my phone up before vac then remove the IT policy then restore it the day I get back... I have a Tour 9630. Would anyone really even know if it's only for a week?

Cheers
    B
    01-15-10 07:47 AM
    You may want to check with your IT dept. and ask them if they will allow you to access certain sites. By removing your policy, you are breaking the rules the company has in place and the consequences could be quite bad. The best bet is to inquire first.
    01-15-10 08:14 AM
    Thanks for taking the time to read this question.

I wouldn't mind being about to check ESPN, CrackBerry or maybe even Facebook .. the list is huge on what's blocked .. (And I'm not talking about checking any "blue" sites that's not my style) ....while I'm on vacation but my IT policy on my BES prevents this. My question is can I back my phone up before vac then remove the IT policy then restore it the day I get back... I have a Tour 9630. Would anyone really even know if it's only for a week?

Cheers
    B
    1. I believe your IT department will know that you've tried to remove the policy.

2. As soon as your phone connects to the BES, the policy will be reimposed. The tools out there to remove an IT policy are for phones that were formerly on a BES but are no longer.
    01-15-10 09:09 AM
    messing with an IT policy is usually against your terms of employment. prepare for a pink slip when you get back.

or like stated above, the minute you remove the IT policy, it will just get pushed back to the phone when its realized its missing.
    01-15-10 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD