I have a Corporate BB with limited data plan (BES & BIS). My understanding is while browsing internet using Blackberry browser and sending/receiving email from BES while on Wifi should have no charge to my data plan.
    When I called my service provider, I was told that your data plan will be charged even if I am using WiFi, which I did not agree. I called the 2nd time that agent told me otherwise no. No charge to data plan while using wifi.

Please note that I have Blackberrry Browser on my device, hotspot browser is removed as per IT policy.

Can someone confirm to me what is right?
    03-27-09 09:57 PM
    Their shouldn't be any charge from your cellphone carrier for using wifi for browsing / emails.
    03-27-09 11:43 PM
    Yeah you shouldn't get charged. You are not using their network. You are using the cable companys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 11:58 PM
    Yeah you shouldn't get charged. You are not using their network. You are using the cable companys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I agree, this is what every body is saying "no charge to data plan while on WiFi"

Did anyone experiience themself that they have limited data plan & does lot of internet browsing using BB browser over wifi and is not getting charged?
    03-28-09 08:44 AM
    Someone on Blackberry forums saying "If you use the BB browser it will go onto your data plan" how true is that?
    03-28-09 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD