Hi folks. I just got my Curve 8900 today. I didn't get the data plan from T-Mobile cause I figured I'd be using the wifi at school and at home most of the time for web browsing. However, I can't get the browser to open up webpages when I'm connected to my home wireless router. I am able to connect my curve to the router and have an established connection with it but when I open my curve browser and enter a website (for example facebook.com) in it says "Unable to find the requested server." Can anyone tell me what is wrong or how to configure my curve? Thanks!
    05-26-09 11:20 PM
    Try going to browser then options. Change default browser to hotspot. This works on the 8320 curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 11:23 PM
    I don't think u can access the web without a data plan or incurring some kind of charges?
    05-26-09 11:28 PM
    I don't think u can access the web without a data plan or incurring some kind of charges?
    You can access the web without any charges, as long as you browse via WiFi. rlp's advice should do the trick.
    05-26-09 11:41 PM
    Try going to browser then options. Change default browser to hotspot. This works on the 8320 curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I set the browser default to "Hotspot" and still doesn't work. It gives me this message when I try to go to yahoo.com while I'm connected to my wifi router at home: "A communications error has occurred. The server may be busy. Please try again later." Hmmm any ideas guys?
    05-26-09 11:45 PM
    I set the browser default to "Hotspot" and still doesn't work. It gives me this message when I try to go to yahoo.com while I'm connected to my wifi router at home: "A communications error has occurred. The server may be busy. Please try again later." Hmmm any ideas guys?
    Try going to the site without the "www."

Example: instead of "http://www.google.com" try "http://google.com"
    05-26-09 11:47 PM
    still not working. The requesting bar loads but then it says "Unable to find the requested server."

I set my browser to Hotspot as default, data services are on, connection preference is set to mobile network only and the mobile network is on automatic to T-Mobile. Any other ideas of what might be wrong? Or could it be my router? Hmmm...
    05-26-09 11:53 PM
    You dont want your connection preferences set to mobile network only. Change it to wifi prefered when you are in a wifi spot. If not it will try to use your mobile network. Also go to browser/options/browser configurations and make sure all the boxes are checked. Show images on WML&HTML Pages. Emulation mode is blackberry. Now test it by going to this popular website I heard of. m.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 06:44 AM
    Have you verified your Wifi connection?

Connections / Wifi Options. Menu / Wifi Diagnostics.

If you have a good connection, you should see two green check marks or an error message.
    05-27-09 09:53 AM
    hi guys, i have the same problem with the browser. just that my curve 8900 has no options for hotspot. under browser configuration, there is the only option for blackberry browser, and nothing else. i cant even switch to hotspot.

anyone out there able to help??? pleaseeeeee....
    05-27-09 09:57 AM
    I did this on my 8900 and when i access the internet it uses wifi.

Try

Options
    Advanced options
    Browser
    Change default browser configuration to: Hotspot browser.

Hope this helps.
    10-30-09 05:58 AM
    This thread is 5 months old.

Presumably, the user has either found a solution or moved on with his or her life.
    10-30-09 06:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD