I'm hoping someone may know the answer to this question. I'm planning a trip soon to Niagara Falls Canada from th US and will need phone and data service on my Z10. I'm currently on Verizon local share everything plan. What do I have to do to make service work? Can I buy a prepaid sim when I get there and swap it? The phone says it is unlocked. I have never traveled outside of the state's with a smartphone. Thanks in advance for any help!

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 07:51 AM
    Check out this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-north-900949/
    Lot of verizon users coming north, is it the health care system? Can't be the weather.

Regarding plans, there aren't a lot of great options. Here is an article from last year, I don't think much has changed:

Cheapest prepaid pay as you go plan in Canada. Period.

BTW, the reference in the article to PC is President's Choice, the house brand of Loblaws a major Cdn grocery chain.

If you are just going to be in the Niagara area WIND may work for you, Niagara Falls is now part of their Wind Home area.
    Phone - Pay Your Way
    Last edited by Hamilton Guy; 02-05-14 at 09:28 AM.
    02-05-14 09:16 AM
    Check with your Verizon website and look for roaming and international roaming. There should be an option to prepay a fee based on data quantity or number of days.
    Otherwise, you run risk of huge bills for very little usage.

When I travel to US from Canada, I typically turn off my data plan and only use on wifi (Starbucks or hotel etc).

I do have intl roaming packages available starting around $15.

Flicked out via Zed10
    02-05-14 09:20 AM
    I'm hoping someone may know the answer to this question. I'm planning a trip soon to Niagara Falls Canada from th US and will need phone and data service on my Z10. I'm currently on Verizon local share everything plan. What do I have to do to make service work? Can I buy a prepaid sim when I get there and swap it? The phone says it is unlocked. I have never traveled outside of the state's with a smartphone. Thanks in advance for any help!

Posted via CB10
    see my post in the other thread
    02-05-14 09:23 AM
    Thanks all, good information there!
    02-05-14 09:58 AM
    I often travel to Canada. I get the international plan which gives me 100mb for $10, free txting, and 0.90 per min phone.

Am seriously looking at T Mobile because of free international roaming.
    02-05-14 10:05 AM
    One other thing that may or may not apply to you.... my battery gets absolutely hammered when I'm in Canada. As in 2-4 hour battery life if not on WiFi. Brutal. This never used to happen when I was on AT&T in the U.S., but with my Verizon Z10 it's ugly. Constantly looking for a Verizon signal. This is when I'm set to Global or to CDMA/LTE.
    02-05-14 04:22 PM