Hey everyone. I got a Blackberry storm recently. I wasnt aware I could use it as a modem until my buddy told me about it. I have a few questions that i cant seem to find the answer too..

There are a few different programs for this.. Tether berry application seems to be the most popular one.. and all seem to be about $50.

Do you guys recommend Tether berry application or is there a better one?

another question i cant seem to answer is.. how fast is the connection? I have basic internet connection at my home. and when downloading files It downloads at 75 kb/s Ive heard 3G speeds can download alot faster then this... if that is true. Wouldnt it be better to cancel my internet connection at home and just use my blackberry?
    07-15-09 06:58 PM
    Alright i downloaded the trial version of Tetherberry.

took just a few minutes to download and install the program on both my PC and my Storm. started the program and it worked perfect. I was able to browse the internet with my blackberry as a modem.. I noticed it was a tab bit slower then my current internet connection at home. But Im not exactly in a great coverage area. Im curious how fast it would be if It was in a good coverage area...

how fast are your guys connection when using your blackberry as a modem?
    07-15-09 08:19 PM
    Mm its probably abot 150 kbps and you shouldn't need a program to teether but every carrier is different I suppose

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 08:35 PM
    You should be able to tether just using the standard Blackberry desktop manager.

The speed will depend upon your coverage but if you have HDSPA you might be able to get up to 3.6mbps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD