Hello everyone,

I'm upgrading my 8520 curve, to the new bold at christmas, and currently i am on a sim only blackberry contract with o2 where i can come out at anytime :-) this works for me, i'm getting the new bold off my mum as she gets an upgrade and i will get the phone, so just wondering will i need to start again by ordering a new sim? Or can i just pop my current sim in the bold on christmas and i will have the same BB pin, BBM contacts everything the same etc?

Thanks alot :-) x

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-10 05:04 AM
    No you don't need a new sim card. Yes your pin will be different since pin is related to the device only. But if you the device switch wizard in desktop manager you can easily have your blackberry contacts moved to the new device. Bbm will automatically update your pin with your messenger contacts. Its real easy to do.

12-02-10 05:28 AM
    I believe the 8520 sim card is 2G.

Just a thought.
    You may not get 3G with it.

12-02-10 06:20 AM
    Have to agree with Deathcommand, 2G card will not work if you want 3G service.
    12-02-10 06:33 AM
    Yeah thanks for the help. However i bought this curve on pay as you go, then took out a sim only contract seperate, it was designed just for the curve, does this mean as its just a bb sim, it will contain 3g?
    So i put the new sim in, and ill be given a new pin etc, then i just give my old contacts my new pin? :-) sorry for the confusion

- Ben

12-02-10 06:46 AM
    Sorry i meant it wasn't designed just for the curve! :-)

12-02-10 06:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD