Sorry if this has been posted and answered, but I wasnt able to find a thread on it.

If I wanted to to visit a m.whatever.com on my computer and wanted to view the video on there, what player would I use?

ie, like if I wanted to view m.youtube.com

is there something that can do that?
    08-29-09 03:34 PM
    The same videos on the mobile version of YouTube are on the desktop version of YouTube. Instead of m.youtube.com, you need to enter "http://www.youtube.com/" in the address bar of your browser on your PC. You don't include the quotation marks. I typed those here so it does not show up as a hyperlink in my post.
    Last edited by lak611; 08-29-09 at 05:09 PM.
    08-29-09 05:05 PM
    VLC is my favorite "will play anything" app. It isn't the prettiest or most intuitive player out there but it will play pretty much anything without the need to download codecs.
    08-29-09 06:15 PM
    The same videos on the mobile version of YouTube are on the desktop version of YouTube. Instead of m.youtube.com, you need to enter "youtube.com in the address bar of your browser on your PC. You don't include the quotation marks. I typed those here so it does not show up as a hyperlink in my post.
    haha I cant believe I got this kinda responce...

I appreciate your reply but dont get me wrong bud, im not a dar dar, haha.

Theres a reason why I want the m. site like youtubes, because the the files that get uploaded go to two different server, regular HTTP's and m's. The difference, the m site is a much smaller size of the files on the HTTP's as in they reduce the res so that when you stream you can keep a constant flow instead of re-bufferting or waiting 20 mins for a 4 min clip (usint EDGE network or something equal to EDGE.

I wasnt sure if someone had made a simulation app or if there was a program your browser could use as a plug-in to watch the video's. Since I have T-mob I dont have a need to buy internet because the tethering (which is free) does what I need, but if I need to watch a video, or like to, I dont want to have to disconnect my phone only to connect it back after watching it.

Sorry for the long post but yeah...I guess I shoulda went into more detial.

PS. VLC player is great for video's
    08-29-09 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD