I use a holster, can't stand anything bulging in my pocket ......its a Marine thing.
    Soooooooo tempting.....

Walk away......

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2

I was so excited (no pun intended) to make a comment about this, but Q stole my thunder -_-

Seriously speaking though... I can't stand putting anything in my dress pants pockets. Whether it's a wallet, keys, or even something thin like credit/debit cards or license. I can not stand ANYTHING in my dress pant pockets, ESPECIALLY loose change. It' makes me cringe getting coins back when I pay with cash. If I'm wearing a jacket or coat, I immediately put the coins in one of those pockets, and if I have no jacket/coat, I've been known to hold onto loos change til I get to the office or car or somewhere I can stash em... Jeans on the other hand I don't care. In fact, I actually look forward to wearing jeans the 1 day or night I do wear them because they're so comfortable even with things stuffed in the pockets.
    01-10-13 01:24 PM
    I'm another one that doesn't care if it's "old fashioned" or not, I don't want my phone getting too hot or getting wore in my pockets. I also don't care for using third party stuff either, so I stick to the actual BlackBerry OEM holster, always have been that way. I know this much; I know where my phone is at all times and what the h*ll, it's a little extra marketing for BlackBerry since the holsters have their logo on the outside of them I don't wear khakis, dress pants or etc, just jeans and tshirt, I don't suppose it would matter though, i'm too used to reaching for the holster by default.
    01-10-13 04:17 PM
    I still used a holster when I had one. Unfortunately I lost it a while back, along with my pocket pouch. Now my 9900 is naked in all its glory.

Mmmhmmm pencil skirts....
    01-10-13 06:50 PM
    Phone goes in the inside left pocket of your suit jacket. Anything less would be uncivilized.
    01-10-13 06:57 PM
    but most people come up to me saying that using holster seemed old-fashioned. so what say you? do you still carry your phone in a holster these days?

thanks for the attention

Sure its old fashioned. Youre suppose to slip your spiffy BB in your front pocket while youre wearing your three sizes too big boxer bloomers you are constantly having to pull up over your arse every third step. That way you can look cool and stupid at the same time. For me I always carry my BB in an OEM horizontal holster with a chrome BB medalian attached to the flap. It looks professional and in my line of work I wear a uniform and have to look good
    HafeezAkmal likes this.
    01-10-13 07:16 PM
    Don't care what other people think, I've always been a holster man.

SM
    HafeezAkmal and BitPusher2600 like this.
    01-10-13 09:14 PM
    Ghey under any circumstances.
    01-10-13 09:16 PM
    I use to for the original Bold but then I realized how counter productive it was.

The phone itself was fine, once I used a screen protector, and the phone had one scratch, I was fine with it having minor scratches. Besides, not only is the phone sturdy but most phones now are all screen, and there really is nothing to protect, other than the corners on a drop. But when you use a holster, you take the phone out of the casing, so it is no longer protected when it is the most vulnerable. Almost like a cop taking off his vest when exiting his vehicle. Phones are now sturdy enough where you don't really need a bulky case, and are thin enough where cases are quite annoying and take away from the sex appeal of the phone.
    01-10-13 09:18 PM
    It's funny how none of the reasons you listed are what the holster seemed to be made for, protection and ease of use.

What holster are you using I've never felt the three attributes ( professional confidant important ) that you claim from any holster.
    01-11-13 11:46 AM
    I don't really understand your question, I will just restate myself, the holster is counter productive. Phones are no longer bricks that can barely fit in your pocket, they are sleek and slim, sometimes I would forget my Galaxy S2 was in my pocket when I had one. Same for my 9700 Bold.

Also, not everyone wears a belt, or pants, so having to have a holster required you put it in a bag....which means your phone wasn't actually on you, or if it was on you, it looked bulky and obvious. Then, once you went to use it, aka, take it off the holster, it no longer had a purpose...as it could no longer protect the phone or hold it. Also, people sit....like a lot, so when you are at work or driving, it would constantly be snagged by the seatbelt, or fall off once you sit.

Again, unlike a skin, it can't protect the phone while it is in your hand, and if you have a case/holster combo, it takes away from the natural sexiness of the phone, though it does protect it. I feel that big cases are more for iphones, because their back is very slippery....(but it looks cool lol) and the screen cracks when dropped...like real easy. Whenever I had a BB or Android, they never cracked from falls or slipped out of my hands.....so I don't need the extra bulk
    01-11-13 01:25 PM
    Holster. I need to either hear it ring or not. Holster solves the problem. Does not cluter the pockets.
    01-11-13 01:36 PM
    I use a holster along with the phones AGF Ballistic Case. I can get to the phone quickly and easily. Besides, I have enough bulges in my pocket.....my pocket knife (Case Seahorse Whittler) and my pocket change and money clip in the other.
    01-11-13 01:46 PM
    I got a Seidio face in snap to holster for my 9800 but the belt clip broke off after a week. Cut a hole in it and super glued the BB clip mechanism to it. Been great for over a year. Just use in the office. Pocket for outdoor activities.

Using Holster for Your Phones : Opinion, Anyone?-anchorage-20130111-01625.jpg
    JR A likes this.
    01-11-13 02:04 PM
    I did keep my torch in a hoslter when I had to dress up for work... nowadays I carry it around naked (the phone that is).
    01-11-13 02:12 PM
    Two holsters, one for the 9810, one for the .380.
    Tim-ANC and JR A like this.
    01-11-13 04:25 PM
    The phone itself was fine, once I used a screen protector, and the phone had one scratch, I was fine with it having minor scratches. Besides, not only is the phone sturdy but most phones now are all screen, and there really is nothing to protect, other than the corners on a drop. But when you use a holster, you take the phone out of the casing, so it is no longer protected when it is the most vulnerable.
    I'd argue that phones are more fragile these days than before, when they were lighter, used more plastic, and didn't have giant glass screens that break easily when it's impacted on the side. Also, there are case/holster combos available that will offer the protection of having a case, along with the convenience of a holster. I say convenience because it's easier than pulling it out of my pocket, and it utilizes holster settings. Also, it keeps dust and other particles out of the speaker port, headphone jack, USB port, microphone port, and helps prevent dust from getting behind the digitizer.
    01-11-13 04:29 PM
    LOL, that's the accessory I want. 1911 on the left, 2 mags and BB on the right. It's all about balance.
    01-11-13 05:29 PM
    Depends where u at, at work, my BB9810 is in my pocket, anywhere outside of work, it's in my holster. Same goes for either "All Touch" or "Physical Keyboard" BB10 phone (still deciding) when they come out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-11-13 05:50 PM
    Only time the holster is a problem for me is with pencil skirts.
    ROFLMAO... was that when you had old blue?
    01-11-13 05:51 PM
    LOL, that's the accessory I want. 1911 on the left, 2 mags and BB on the right. It's all about balance.

Now that's what I'm talking about!

If the KelTec was available to us "regular" citizens in California, I'd get the .380 in a heartbeat! I'm a small dude (5 foot 4 inches on a good day with a 30" waist) so a 1911 protrudes more than I'd like.
    01-11-13 06:04 PM
    Always a holster for my 9700 when I'm working. In the car usually in the center console tray and charging.
    01-11-13 06:07 PM
    ROFLMAO... was that when you had old blue?
    Geeeee, Branta, can't you imagine me a pencil skirt holding a Z10????

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    The OEM holster is one of my favorite things about my BB. I setup up all my profiles exactly how I want them with the holster and it works flawlessly. I love the fact that when I get an alert, I pull the BB out of the holster and the alert or message is shown on the screen. No swiping, clicking, unlocking, etc. Nothing. Read and go! Fast and quick and no messing around.
    The OEM holster is one of my favorite things about my BB. I setup up all my profiles exactly how I want them with the holster and it works flawlessly. I love the fact that when I get an alert, I pull the BB out of the holster and the alert or message is shown on the screen. No swiping, clicking, unlocking, etc. Nothing. Read and go! Fast and quick and no messing around.
    THIS I would define as cool.....
    01-11-13 07:20 PM
    work, use the otterbox with holster and it works great
    01-11-13 07:23 PM
51 123