hi all.

sorry if this sounds trivial, i just want to seek some opinions around here.

does anyone still carry around their device(s) in a holster? you see, I have an otterbox defender for my 9900, 2 OEM swivel holsters for my 9700 & 9000. i still love the idea of using a holster to carry around the device - it makes you look professional, confident, important, or any other positive qualities@aura that fits, but most people come up to me saying that using holster seemed old-fashioned. people are going for jelly-cases, or at least flipcases or pocket pouches. so what say you? do you still carry your phone in a holster these days?

thanks for the attention
    01-10-13 01:04 AM
    I still use a holster in the summertime...
    HafeezAkmal likes this.
    01-10-13 01:09 AM
    I still use a holster in the summertime...
    so that means it's not old-fashioned after all, right?
    01-10-13 01:14 AM
    I use a holster everyday.

I wear a shirt and tie 6, sometimes 7 days a week, and it's become a part of my attire just like putting on my belt and tie...
    01-10-13 01:21 AM
    I always use my holster. The fact that it changes notification type is great, and it free's up pocket space for other things I need to carry with me.
    JR A and HafeezAkmal like this.
    01-10-13 06:39 AM
    I always use the holster.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    JR A and HafeezAkmal like this.
    01-10-13 06:44 AM
    I always use the holster.

As do I. Technically I have two holsters, one for the 99xx and one for the Dev device.
    01-10-13 06:49 AM
    I use a holster, can't stand anything bulging in my pocket ......its a Marine thing.
    HafeezAkmal, Tim-ANC and JR A like this.
    01-10-13 06:55 AM
    I've never warmed up to using a holster, and I've had/have some nice ones. I always use one of my pockets.
    Maybe that'll change with BB10

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    01-10-13 06:57 AM
    I use my holster probably 60% of the time since ive gotten my 9900, mostly because ive never wanted to spend the 50-60$ for an OEM holster for my past BlackBerries...
    The other 40% i use my pocket, but that is only because i cant find my holster at the time OR the situation (dinner, family gatherings, etc) says i need to be descreate about my phone use, so hiding it in a pocket is essential.
    At work, 95% of the time i have my holster, like another poster said, the sound profile change is a killer feature, and while im working i need to have my phone ready and easy to access (wearing gloves and trying to fit your hand in your pocket to grab your phone is kind of akward)

When people use certain cases i think of them differently, for example:
    Jelly case - you play mostly games, or you drop your phone a lot
    Flip case - havent seen anyone use these in a while, but when i did it was an older gentleman who flipped it open and closed trying to act "cool"
    Glove/ Slip case - i really dont know why anyone would use these, ive seen one person using it and i believe they just wanted the sound profile feature without using a holster
    Holster - busy, needs to be connected with easy access, important person
    HafeezAkmal likes this.
    01-10-13 08:51 AM
    I don't care if others think it's old fashioned. It's perhaps the most practical way of carrying your phone while also protecting it from the dust and sand in your pockets. I plan on getting a case and matching holster for the new models as soon as they're available.
    HafeezAkmal, ctuffy, Banco and 2 others like this.
    01-10-13 09:28 AM
    I don't care if others think it's old fashioned. It's perhaps the most practical way of carrying your phone while also protecting it from the dust and sand in your pockets. I plan on getting a case and matching holster for the new models as soon as they're available.
    Agreed - I've noticed the few times I've had trouble with phones with dust under the screen was when I put them in my pocket.
    01-10-13 09:46 AM
    Practicality doesn't get old
    01-10-13 09:49 AM
    to me cases and accessories are more of a regional thing. for example in the UK the holster went the way of the boombox and the walkman, its just not cool anymore and the majority of cases in the UK are pouches and skins. however as people have clearly pointed out its different where they are, so i dont think theres a simple `cool/not cool` arguement as you put it.
    HafeezAkmal likes this.
    01-10-13 09:50 AM
    Quite simply, when I didn't use one (the Torch) the phone got scratched to ****. So for the 9900 I do.
    01-10-13 09:53 AM
    i have to carry 2 phones at work so i have them both on my hip in a holster side by side. i love it keeps them close at hand and protected and i can dump all kinds of junk in my pockets.

on the weekend my phone is in my pocket though
    01-10-13 10:10 AM
    I use a holster, can't stand anything bulging in my pocket ......its a Marine thing.
    Soooooooo tempting.....

Walk away......

01-10-13 10:16 AM
    It depends on the situation/attire. If I'm at work, in the office, its in the holster. If I'm at work, in the field, its in the Otterbox Defender holster. If I'm out at a bar/restaurant with friends/the girlfriend, its either in the holster, in the Otterbox Commuter, the BB 9900 Skin or naked. If I'm out at a formal function, its usually naked, in my inside jacket pocket. I don't usually keep it in my pants pocket, unless I don't have a jacket or I don't feel like using the holster.
    01-10-13 10:19 AM
    Soooooooo tempting.....

Walk away......

It's when it's in your pocket you want to worry....
    01-10-13 10:20 AM
    Soooooooo tempting.....

Walk away......

LMAO!!!!.......I can imagine. I also thought about that after I posted
    01-10-13 10:38 AM
    Always in the leather holster. No case. Keeps pockets free, doesn't get banged up, and such. Casual, business casual, formal, always in the holster....unless I'm wearing a certain belt which it doesn't fit on. lol
    01-10-13 10:50 AM
    I use a holster in the gym, and the gym only. It prevent my wired headphones from tangling up, and is a good distance for BT headphones. Plus I don't have to worry about my phone falling out of my pocket.

I don't use a holster anywhere else because I feel that it restricts ease of access to the phone. In my pocket with a screen protector is just fine.
    01-10-13 10:51 AM
    Never used hostler. Only pocket.
    01-10-13 11:44 AM
    Pocket pouch for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-10-13 12:01 PM
    Only time the holster is a problem for me is with pencil skirts.
    No belt, no waistband, so the holster ends up feeling like it is going to fall.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-10-13 12:19 PM
51 123