OK so I download this app call BBGolf GPS. I've tried the app and it says my phone does not support GPS so I went into advanced options and changed it from 911 only to Location On. Still does not work. I have friends who have used it on their tour and storm both from Verizon. If it helps I have the Verizon 8330. On the Verizon website it says that is is VZ Navigator capable but I don't have that app and never have since I got it. So how do I make this golf app work? Bring it to Verizon or can I do it on my own?
    09-04-09 10:26 AM
    The only way is to get a gps "puck" like the freedom 2000. The onboard gps will only work with bbmaps and vznavigator. There is no way to get around it or hack it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 10:41 AM
    VZNav is a Verizon supplied GPS app, and they charge $10 / month, I believe. In order to use it you need to contact them and have them provision your account for it.

You can also find quite a few GPS answers in the GPS area of CBForums.
    Last edited by monkeee2002; 09-04-09 at 11:22 AM. Reason: sp. & fixed link
    09-04-09 11:20 AM
    OK so I download this app call BBGolf GPS. I've tried the app and it says my phone does not support GPS so I went into advanced options and changed it from 911 only to Location On. Still does not work. I have friends who have used it on their tour and storm both from Verizon. If it helps I have the Verizon 8330. On the Verizon website it says that is is VZ Navigator capable but I don't have that app and never have since I got it. So how do I make this golf app work? Bring it to Verizon or can I do it on my own?
    The Tour and Storm support autonomous (standalone) GPS; the 8330 Curve does not. As mentioned above, you can use a GPS puck or keychain via Bluetooth, but the internal GPS will not work for BBGolf.
    09-04-09 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD